It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Secrets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

As you can gather from the previous thread events, Tom probably wont be showing up here anymore anytime soon. You are the remaining DoD associate. Be careful what you say.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Alright. I understand the concern.

Assuming he says "I apologize. Wont happen again"...I hope he can avoid getting banned from ATS.

And I appreciate the sentiment, really I do. But it would be a lie. I think lying is also a banning offense.
Worse, it's a dishonor, even if only I know it.

Look, Intrepid et al. I appreciate your position, as little as you might believe it. But that incident hasn't got jack to do with my ego. A guy made a very strong insinuation backed with the right numbers and places that he was doing something criminal. And having read it, you understand that too, or you'd be throwing it in my face.

You said "Criminal activity SHOULD be dealt with but it isn't up to a sole member to decide what it is," and you're quite right; I agree with you wholeheartedly. But neither is it up to the staff of ATS. It's up to the federal and state authorities with the jurisdiction to deal with that sort of matter, and in the end, that's where the authority lies. It's their job to determine if a crime's been committed. Not yours.

Truly, I'd be really worried about your position in a legal sense, by setting yourselves up as arbiters of what's legal and what's not outside the walls of ATS, you're incurring the possibility that if someone informed you, you took no action, and later it turned out that a crime had been committed, that you'd be subject to criminal accessory charges, and having discussed it amongst yourselves, to felony conspiracy charges. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, personally.

If someone posted something similar again, I wouldn't trust you, and I'd take my own action in the matter to report it to the authorities, especially in a situation such as that one. I won't promise you otherwise.

Therefore, in expectation of the coming ban, I'll say a fond farewell to everyone I've posted with over the last 18 months, it's been a lot of fun, you've kept me on my toes and I've learned (and re-learned) a lot of things just trying to keep up with you.

Ok, staff, fire away with the scathing hate posts - I'm sure they're all queued up, but you're wasting your time. I'm not going to behave any differently, nor lie to you that I will. Since you can't live with it, pull the trigger and get it over with instead of the usual threats and posturing. Heck, I even understand your position in the matter, though I doubt you'd reciprocate.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
I for one would like to know of one single conspiracy theory that has proven to be true.

see the tuskegee experiment, mkultra and project northwoods - all verifiable - which is exactly why I'm here.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Tom : I want to apologize if you've become upset by all of this.

I have enjoyed reading alot of your posts, and respect your sense of duty
in manners such as these . . . . up to a point. I truly wish an individual
like you would step up and help our cause here at ATS, which is of course
to "deny ignorance". It seems strange that the quest for knowledge and
answers has to be so difficult.
Some of us here, including myself, get tired of hearing that old cliche,
"You don't have a need to know." Question : "Says who?"
Question 2 : " Why are they saying it?" Question 3 : "Are they hiding
something that we should know more about?" Q4 : " Black budgets and
black projects affect us how?" The questions just keep coming.

So, you can see the dilema. May Big Brother fall apart.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

Interesting what happens when we start asking too many questions. We actually uncovered something here.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join