Secret Secrets

page: 3
1
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam





You've ratted out ATS'ers in the past. What's the criteria? Your job?




My other criteria are pretty clear, and it's not my job. If you start a thread saying that you've just broken into a crate of missile guidance systems (by the NSN) and you give me a pretty good description, and you're supposed to be delivering them to the base that does repair and service on them, then I'm going to call base security and let them know, because you're a f* criminal.



[edit on 6-11-2007 by Tom Bedlam]


So are you saying that you've dimed out ATSers over the past 4 years? Seeing as you average one every other year.




posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid
 


Considering I registered in 2006, I'm over quota.


Nope, ATS isn't the only web site on the net, by far.

So far, my only ATS 'dime' is Mr Truck Driver. Surely you don't condone or accept the commission of a federal crime?



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
So far, my only ATS 'dime' is Mr Truck Driver. Surely you don't condone or accept the commission of a federal crime?


I don't condone, accept, reject, nor adopt anything that I have no knowledge in.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I don't condone, accept, reject, nor adopt anything that I have no knowledge in.


Always good, because from your choice of phrasing "dimed out", I somehow got the idea that you found my action offensive.

When someone tells me the NSN on the crate they're ripping into, and the base it's being delivered to, and the description is close, and those all match up, heck, I don't find it immoral to call base security and suggest that they check the seals on crates like that that are supposed to be delivered that day by truck before letting the guy go.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tom Bedlam
 


I'd like to check it out for myself. Please u2u me a link to this incident.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by annestacey
 


Yes, Ive read your account many, many, many times here on ATS. While I applaud your mission to inform and also the fact that you uncovered all of this of your own power, you might also want to post stuff related to other topics once in awhile


I do post to other topics once in a while (and I follow even more that I don't necessarily post on). But even if I didn't, I don't think I'm going to be arrested by the ATS police. I felt I had something to add to this thread and I did. Maybe my story shows up often because the same topics get discussed quite often. I'm also not going to stop talking about it just because you're tired of reading about it.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey

I do post to other topics once in a while (and I follow even more that I don't necessarily post on). But even if I didn't, I don't think I'm going to be arrested by the ATS police. I felt I had something to add to this thread and I did. Maybe my story shows up often because the same topics get discussed quite often. I'm also not going to stop talking about it just because you're tired of reading about it.



You overdo it. Just admit it



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I thought patience, was a virtue?

Do the terms opsec, need to know, and classified mean any thing any more? It sure as heck does if you have a security clearence & signed a "non disclosure agreement".

Sure, if it is found open source, then it should be fair game. As it really is any way, but the stuff that's SCI is such for a reason. A good one in fact, maybe not always but more often than not.

As for ratting people out, it always depends on the situation. For example, and Tom no need to report me on this one, code word classifications. CENTRIX SECRET sounds very high speed and might just be a "secret secret". One of those SCI peices mentioned, but is it?

What it is can be found on the www via a decent search, which is open source. Any thing that the gov wants to keep from being found would be kept on the Intelink.

A good example of info that is which is common every day stuff, but which can and has been used by gov for classified reason can be seen here. Not exactly a secret, but probably not very well known, more than probable.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey
 


Look, no offense. I applaud your mission. Period.

Im not a fan of how chemicals dumb down people myself.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Tom Bedlam has tought me that indeed there are eyes over here and we CAN be busted for what we only KNOW....

Sad times these are...

I'm happy to live far, far away from US...

And after all that comments and posts, I don't expect to see ANY real disclose here on ATS... there's just no room for the truth we all want to get to.


Peace

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Sator]



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
And so there you have it ladies and gentlemen, lack of disclosure . . .
. . .just because.

And so you see how it goes, - if you're on here and you're making things
up, you're busted by the debunkers. If you come on here with something
real, honest, or too close to the truth, you're busted by watchdogs that
put the screws to you faster than you can close out your post.

This isn't freedom, it's manipulation by the military industrial complex.
In the name of security. We really have no need to know.

So why do I still want answers ?



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIEGEIf you come on here with something
real, honest, or too close to the truth, you're busted by watchdogs that
put the screws to you faster than you can close out your post.


Only if you make a strong implication that you're rifling a shipment going to an Army base. That's a bit too real.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam


Only if you make a strong implication that you're rifling a shipment going to an Army base. That's a bit too real.


In which case, file a complaint and let those that are supposed to deal with things of this manner deal with them. You are not ATS' patrol cop. More like a vigilante and that won't be tolerated here. I hope this is perfectly clear.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Tom, the trouble with this situation now is . . . .lack of trust.

When even ATS is over-ridden by watchdogs such as yourself and that
other fellow you were talking about, well ,it's a shame.

So if someone wanted to come on here and tell Skyfloating about a
secret, that disclosure might get them busted, - the poster and
Skyfloating ? Jesus !

I come to ATS because of the quality of ideas that spew forth from posters.

Skyfloating, . . . . you deserve better. I believe your intentions were good and honorable.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well...at least Tom confessed a secret. Give him some credit for that. I wouldnt have dreamed that someone come forth in this thread and say "uh, well, I work for the DoD and report criminal activity". Thats pretty open, isnt it?

Even if it puts Tom in a bad light, its informative, its revealing something secret, and therefore contributing to the truth.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Even if it puts Tom in a bad light, its informative, its revealing something secret, and therefore contributing to the truth.


It's also:

8) Right of Community Management This is a privately owned discussion board community. The Owners and senior moderator staff reserve the right to take action against any member who is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption, whose actions represent behavior contrary to community building

Trying to silence members for his own ego when there are proper channels to go through? Criminal activity SHOULD be dealt with but it isn't up to a sole member to decide what it is. That is why the Complaints function is there. The WHOLE staff see and discuss before an action is taken. Not a single voice in the wind.

You wanted T&C coverage Tom? There it is.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The guy "TruckDriver" gets in trouble with Tom for revealing secrets. Tom gets in trouble with ATS-Mods for revealing secrets. What goes around comes around.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
The guy "TruckDriver" gets in trouble with Tom for revealing secrets. Tom gets in trouble with ATS-Mods for revealing secrets. What goes around comes around.


It's not quite like that. There appears to be more to that case than is seen but members shouldn't be in fear to post on this board because a lone gun is threatening to rat them out. That is contrary to community building. The staff is more than capable to handle these issues. That is something much more equitable than a single individual causing a stir.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It's not quite like that. There appears to be more to that case than is seen but members shouldn't be in fear to post on this board because a lone gun is threatening to rat them out. That is contrary to community building. The staff is more than capable to handle these issues. That is something much more equitable than a single individual causing a stir.


Alright. I understand the concern.

Assuming he says "I apologize. Wont happen again"...I hope he can avoid getting banned from ATS.



posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

Ex-Army, ex-DOE, now a contractor.



Was a deployable civilian with direct support (not in-direct but direct) of combat troops, mainly engineering units. Was also a training officer for combat engineers in critical system identification of various utility systems.

Now I am a government contractor working on stuff for DOD / DOE facilities across the Midwest USA.





new topics
top topics
 
1
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join