It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No weapons of mass destruction?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
"No weapons of mass destruction?

was Saddam Hussein telling the truth after all?"

regardless of WMD, what about the bodies we've dug up in iraq? saddam hussein was a murdering fck and id spit on his corpse.
i would take my hat off to a dead rat, but id NEVER take my hat off to a dead saddam hussein. it absolutly SICKENS me that you people prefer saddam to bush. saddam deserves no sympathy what so ever.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I never said he didn't murder thousands of his own people for no reason in cold blood, I was just talking about one issue that our government seems to be wrong about.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Let me ask you this then Morrison. If you could have the outcome of this entire situation changed, what would be? Assuming that you cannot , in your scenario, dipict that Saddam complied with the resolutions? Take a few minutes and think carefully. Would you want the 12 year status quo back in place with him still in his threatening position? Would you want to speculate of what might have happened by now given his aggresive nature on WMD projects? Are you willing to refuse any other possibility other than WMDs didn't exist just because they have not been found or were not where they were a year before the invasion? (very one-deminsional view btw) Just curious as to what you would have done differently.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
"No weapons of mass destruction?

was Saddam Hussein telling the truth after all?"

regardless of WMD, what about the bodies we've dug up in iraq? saddam hussein was a murdering fck and id spit on his corpse.
i would take my hat off to a dead rat, but id NEVER take my hat off to a dead saddam hussein. it absolutly SICKENS me that you people prefer saddam to bush. saddam deserves no sympathy what so ever.

All respect to your views Geniussage, but my opinion is that I don't really give a rat's crap what Saddam did to his people. We have our own problems to deal with in America, and we tend to focus on everyone else's plights in the world, except our own. We have hungry children and homeless families in this country for christ's sake. All that money used to fund the war, and I'm by far no peacenik, could have been used here. If children are living in cars, malnourished, no heat in their homes, or whatever, there's a problem. If the school's are falling apart, there's a problem.

I don't mean to sound callous.

We need to take care of our American Family first, and I mean ALL Americans, before we take care of the world's.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

All respect to your views Geniussage, but my opinion is that I don't really give a rat's crap what Saddam did to his people. We have our own problems to deal with in America, and we tend to focus on everyone else's plights in the world, except our own. We have hungry children and homeless families in this country for christ's sake. All that money used to fund the war, and I'm by far no peacenik, could have been used here. If children are living in cars, malnourished, no heat in their homes, or whatever, there's a problem. If the school's are falling apart, there's a problem.

I don't mean to sound callous.

We need to take care of our American Family first, and I mean ALL Americans, before we take care of the world's.

I totally agree. Let the Iraqis worry about Iraq, we'vw got our own problems.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I totally agree. Let the Iraqis worry about Iraq, we'vw got our own problems.

Perhaps our problems are not as profitable, eh?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I agree 100%. As long as they're not sending ICB's over here, leave them be. It may sound cold, but I could care less how many Iraqi people are killing each other. I could care less how many Palestinians kill each other. I could care less how many people are executed in China, N. Korea, wherever! It's not our place to fix the entire world's problems. In trying to do so, we're going to create more trouble for ourselves, and eventually ruin our own country's safety. Actually, it appears that we already have.

("ICB" = Inter-continental bombs, right?)

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Bush wants 'facts' about WMD

"I want to know the facts," he said.

But he insisted that ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein had been a "danger".

"We dealt with the danger, and as a result, the world is a better place and a more peaceful place, and the Iraqi people are free," he said.

Apparently Bush didn't address the question as to whether an independent investigation would be set up to get some answers about the alleged WMD.

Edited to add another link:www.nydailynews.com... 7c.html

[Edited on 1/30/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
In all actuality, WMDs really aren't an issue anymore. Sure they may be on the news, but from a military stand point, they don't matter anymore. We don't base any major operations on looking for them anymore. Now it's just security, and they're gov't really.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Let me ask you this then Morrison. If you could have the outcome of this entire situation changed, what would be? Assuming that you cannot , in your scenario, dipict that Saddam complied with the resolutions? Take a few minutes and think carefully. Would you want the 12 year status quo back in place with him still in his threatening position? Would you want to speculate of what might have happened by now given his aggresive nature on WMD projects? Are you willing to refuse any other possibility other than WMDs didn't exist just because they have not been found or were not where they were a year before the invasion? (very one-deminsional view btw) Just curious as to what you would have done differently.

I don't want the outcome of the situation changed, he is in our hands now and that is the way it should be in my opinion, since we made up our minds to go there, why not make the best of it and that is what we finally came to, capturing Saddam and now the Iraqi people will be treated the way they should be treated hopefully, and I do care about the people because if innocent defenseless people are slaughtered for a dictator's amusement and I can DO something about that, I would be doing it.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morrison

I don't want the outcome of the situation changed, he is in our hands now and that is the way it should be in my opinion, since we made up our minds to go there, why not make the best of it and that is what we finally came to, capturing Saddam and now the Iraqi people will be treated the way they should be treated hopefully, and I do care about the people because if innocent defenseless people are slaughtered for a dictator's amusement and I can DO something about that, I would be doing it.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
In all actuality, WMDs really aren't an issue anymore. Sure they may be on the news, but from a military stand point, they don't matter anymore. We don't base any major operations on looking for them anymore. Now it's just security, and they're gov't really.

yeah the WMDs were an issue when we were in the weapons status but since the man in charge of that gave up it's just like you said, it was funny on the news though they tried to interview him and he just shook his hand off like "psh, are you kidding"

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think Saddam's mouth was a WMD. I liked those photos of the shotgun firing off his hip... hope he did that in the countryside at the time..but then again why would he care?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
obviously he wouldn't care, he'd have his men rape wives and then kill them while the husbands are held there to watch, I mean what the #

if I was one of the soldiers that captured him, I'd say we need to take him somewhere and torture him but not harm his face so the public wouldn't know - nobody would know and we don't know they didn't already do that

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Saddam could have easily deep six'ed his WMD's, I mean it's not like the entire country is a sandbox or anything. We also know that he wasn't exactly reluctant to pump millions of barrels into the Gulf during Gulf I so whats the hold up from disposing stuff there?

Syria is also another definate possibility. Although we moved quickly we still built up for quite a while giving Saddam plenty of time to dispatch or transfer WMD's to Syria.

Or they could have scattered much as some of the former Soviet Union's weapons did during/after the break up. Saddam could have easilly sold them off to various groups, organization, or nations in the area, after all, the Middle East is a hotbed for terrorist activity.

www.townhall.com...

I think there are just to many possibilities to discount anything as of now.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I guess we'll find out soon enough with his interrogation and trial.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It appears GWB and Dick Cheney have made alot more $ than the 2,000,000 on the unemployment line.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
yeah that's probably also the white house's electric bill

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join