It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God the Father walked the Earth, how might the World react ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
How would we know it would be god in the first place? It could just well be some idiot claiming to be. Everyone in front of me will bow down of course. However I will be the only one standing, and say,"I bow.....To no one."

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Originally posted by shihulud
I would try and take him out with a few well aimed bullets from a high powered rifle after giving him a mouthful about how much of a bastard he is.

Its people like yourself, who seem to think that running around taking well aimed shots at whoever they think is God is funny and justified.
The fact I'm an atheist and dont believe in any god would kind of put that in its place. Why would I shoot at mythical non existant being? After all wouldn't it know it was coming?

The fact that the earth has been and will be continually struck by space objects mean nothing to you? God didn't seem to bother much then did it?

Christ came to tell you that even if that happens, that there is life after death. Be it the end of the sun, or a catastrophic object hitting the earth, what will be will be.

I am more worried about the two legged variety of threat to the overall safety of mankind above anything else, especially anyone who would take up action against the return of the creator whether you recognize him to be or not.

Peace

[edit on 22-11-2007 by HIFIGUY]
I would rather not trust the rantings of madmen who wrote a story, although I am in total agreement of the two legged threat. But for sake of argument I think that a creator being would have a lot to answer for and if it came to earth would have to endure the wrath of many people who have a grievance with it. Does it just think it could appear and everyone would start to worship it? - I think not.

G

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
What would happen now is what happened then. The worldly powerful would attempt murder in order to preserve their place. Seems to be lots of that sentiment in this thread. Of course when God comes around this time, there'll be no challenge to His authority.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I think that a creator being would have a lot to answer for and if it came to earth would have to endure the wrath of many people who have a grievance with it.

I think you might find out that the only valid grievance was against ones owns actions in history.

Peace

SR

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I would try and take him out with a few well aimed bullets from a high powered rifle after giving him a mouthful about how much of a bastard he is.

On a side note how would the world react if the god wasn't any of the mainstream religious deities? Would they convert?

Its people like yourself, who seem to think that running around taking well aimed shots at whoever they think is God is funny and justified.

[edit on 22-11-2007 by HIFIGUY]

Yet it's people like you who justify your god's actions off slaughtering thousands if not millions and encouraging war and genocide between tribes as well documented in the bible. Pot calling the kettle black much?? :shk:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
God the Father, is all matter and all energy, so for God the Father to incarnate into one being would distroy the worlds and everything else so there would be no place for such a being to walk through.

When those whom are clear minded, having full clearness of spiritual things, walk through the world, attached to the Father God, doesn't the Father walk through the world?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Book of Enoch

And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai,

Tread is tread

Peace

[edit on 28-11-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by holidaystar1
Fortunately, idiots like this would no longer be idiot's like this. The presence of the LORD has a way of changing one's perception. Once you are exposed to the Truth you are free from the lie. And, if God were to walk among us the lie would be finally over.

d

Not everyone is weak minded, and can not change one's perception, mine will not be changed.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

What exactly is this supposed to mean? I'm still trying to figure this out.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005

What exactly is this supposed to mean? I'm still trying to figure this out.

The original post by shihulud war the spark...back on page one.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

My answer is a question back at you. How do you know God doesn't walk on earth? It could be anyone you might meet during the course of any day.

My point is, you never know, do you? Treat everyone you meet with the same respect you would give to God.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
How do you know God doesn't walk on earth? It could be anyone you might meet during the course of any day.

My point is, you never know, do you? Treat everyone you meet with the same respect you would give to God.

Im pretty sure its been going on all this time, but for the sake of arguement, I postulated the question as more of an arrival.'

Im in absolute agreement with the remainder of your statement, and it is in the ultimate sense of its meaning that we might find healing within humanity.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Reminds me of that song, "What if God was one of us"...

HIFIGUY, I admire your attempt to encourage some serious thought on this subject.

Because God is the energy source of all creation and we are in essence a part of Him I don't see it as a possibility that He Himself could walk the earth. (To my knowledge at least - on the other hand I do believe that through Him all things are possible so let's just say that if He did, color me surprised!) However, I do see our heavenly Father walking among us quite often. Not as often as I'd like to though. I see Him in the kindness and compassion, thoughtfulness and respect people show one another. I see Him in a child's smile. I see Him in nature and all things beautiful that He created.

Unfortunately, at this time, He is overshadowed by the tin god that walks the earth, Satan and those that follow him. It won't be long though, before God's name is sanctified before all people and the parts of Him that are not worthy of being in unity with Him will be destroyed.

Until then, we can only imagine...

[edit on 20-12-2007 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Your post in seeing the creator in all that is around you...was beautifuly stated.

As for God walking the Earth...

The Book of Enoch

The Holy Great One will come forth from His dwelling, And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai, [And appear from His camp] And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.

Thank you for reminding me of that song:

Joan Osbourne

If God Was One of Us

Lyrics by Joan Osbourne

If God had a name, what would it be
And would you call it to his face
If you were faced with him in all his glory
What would you ask if you had just one question

And yeah yeah God is great yeah yeah God is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home

If God had a face what would it look like
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets

And yeah yeah god is great yeah yeah god is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if God was one of us
He's trying to make his way home
Back up to heaven all alone
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

And yeah yeah God is great yeah yeah God is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if god was one of us
Just trying to make his way home
Like a holy rolling stone
Back up to heaven all alone
Just trying to make his way home
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

Peace

[edit on 22-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

Thanks for your atheist point of view! It is greatly appreciated.

Many people feel as you, and its ok. You are right. He does have alot to give in the way of our understanding. And when the time comes i hope you ask the questions that are in your heart, because everyone deserves to hear the answers that will be given.

Though a part of the answers have already begun in other posts, if you were interested in reading.

Just because you do not believe because it is not in front of you as of yet, does not make it less true or real. The time simply just hasn't come.

And assuredly, your questions are perfect, as are the answers...

love always

top topics

<< 1   >>

join