It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary Surveillance and Synthetic Environments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Could they determine the score of a football game, probably not. But they could tell you by the 3rd year of college, which players will go to the NFL and which wont with a fair degree of certainty, then they can adjust paths as needed.

And I bet they could determine the winner of the game, and if they do not like the winner they could tweak a few things, a car wreck, a change of referees, extreme stress on one side.

Hehe, on x files they just talked, this very second, about how they fixed a hockey game, although irrelevant the coincidence of timing was funny.

And when you start figuring out how societies act, most of the anomalies get canceled out by the sheer number of people that act consistently. And every system would have fault tolerance for anomalies.

Even Spock in the episode of star trek where they went to dimension with their evil halves, could give a prediction of the life of an evil empire. Ok that was a joke. Trying to lighten things up

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

It's funny that you mention the outcomes of sporting events in the context of this thread. In the mathematical sciences, good sources of random numbers are notoriously hard to come by.

www.rand.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The obvious question for me is whether a commander-in-chief up for re-election during wartime gets access to these military technologies. I wrote my Senator about this, but didn't get anything even resembling a direct reply. My concern was with something called the Sentient World Simulation:

The "Sentient World Simulation" sounds like it is being developed along similar lines to the "Vanilla World" described by retired Adm. John M. Poindexter at the following URL:

www.csoonline.com...

Presumably, the Department of Defense procured from Congress the funding to develop this program. When Congress appropriated funding for this program,

1) What restrictions were put in place to regulate acceptable practices for the gathering and production of information used during the development and testing of such a system?

2) What restrictions were put in place to regulate the domestic deployment of such a system?

Furthermore, I have questions regarding:

3) What safeguards were put in place to prevent, for example, a Commander-In-Chief of questionable ethical judgment from using such a system as a predictive tool for National elections?

4) What safeguards were put in place to prevent, for example, official advisers to a Commander-In-Chief of questionable ethical judgment from reverse-engineering such a system, and furthermore developing a private implementation of such a system (using, perhaps, marketing data from "click stream analysis" or Internet search history as input)?

Anyway, it puts an interesting spin on this:

www.guardian.co.uk...

[edit on 3-11-2007 by America Jones]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Another witness to support Tice's claims. This guy Klien is a hero.

www.washingtonpost.com...

In an interview yesterday, he alleged that the NSA set up a system that vacuumed up Internet and phone-call data from ordinary Americans with the cooperation of AT&T . Contrary to the government's depiction of its surveillance program as aimed at overseas terrorists, Klein said, much of the data sent through AT&T to the NSA was purely domestic. Klein said he believes that the NSA was analyzing the records for usage patterns as well as for content.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So I guess "simulated environments" have come a long way in three years. No one thinks twice about Tice, after all - we've all moved on to WIkiLeaks. But somewhere, quietly, this technology has been refined and perfected to the point that they know what we are going to do before we have even formulated a coherent plan.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It could be one of the most ambitious computer projects ever conceived.

An international group of scientists are aiming to create a simulator that can replicate everything happening on Earth - from global weather patterns and the spread of diseases to international financial transactions or congestion on Milton Keynes' roads.

Nicknamed the Living Earth Simulator (LES), the project aims to advance the scientific understanding of what is taking place on the planet, encapsulating the human actions that shape societies and the environmental forces that define the physical world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join