It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary Surveillance and Synthetic Environments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is some scary stuff. Can any ATS members help me connect the dots here? I have never heard of Russell Tice and Wikipedia doesn't have too much information on him specifically related to this program. You definitely need to read the links to understand how disturbing this is.

AT&T Invents Programming Language For Mass Surveillance:
cryptogon.com...

Remember Russell Tice, the NSA SIGINT officer who had knowledge of a special access NSA operation that was so disturbing that he tried to tell the U.S. Congress about it?

Tice said his information is different from the Terrorist Surveillance Program that Bush acknowledged in December and from news accounts this week that the NSA has been secretly collecting phone call records of millions of Americans. “It’s an angle that you haven’t heard about yet,” he said.

“In my case, there’s no way the programs I want to talk to Congress about should be public ever, unless maybe in 200 years they want to declassify them. You should never learn about it; no one at the Times should ever learn about these things.”

The Crypotgon article above references another article below so I have provided the link and an excerpt. Basically, it is a computer program that essentially runs game theories for world events and scenarios. Outcomes can be projected based on how the compter model plays out. The PTB already know how we will react to war, pandemic, economic strife, etc.

Synthetic Environments For Analysis And Simulation:
cryptogon.com...

The system allows for terra scale datasets with granularity of results down to one node (individual). It has a physics engine for tracking any number of people (or other elements) in virtual cities or spaces. It can correlate any amount of social, economic, political, environmental or other data with the behavior of groups or individuals on the ground. The U.S. Government, and some of the most powerful corporations on the planet are using the SEAS system.

[edit on 1/11/07 by kosmicjack]

[edit on 1/11/07 by kosmicjack]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
dont worry about it,they are not as smart as they appear,cant even run economies right.Theres no way they could accurately model human behaviour and random events which would nullify their simulations accuracy.

think of them as a cult of artificers,with no ability for higher thought or perception.....all they do is copy the romans

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well lets look at project "able danger" They looked at who spoke with, and who had deals with who. sort of a seven degrees of Kevin Bacon. But they did it to try and find who was connected to enemies to capitalism and profit.

Unfortunately alot of NWO names popped up on the list and they erased the entire database.

I believe the system you have linked to is based on pattern matching that is constantly refined as new information is added. A sample of 1000 people can come within a couple percent guess of the thoughts of 300 million(polls) Imagine if millions of data bits are stored, then they are constantly matched to actions.

1000 phone calls, bank transactions, buying records, job reports gives a prediction for an individual. Think about all the honesty/mangerial test given between promotions and job interviews. If prediction is right, the algorithm that made the prediction gets heavier weight in next guess, if it is wrong it gets less.

Now imagine 1000s of algorithms running predictions on one person. After a little while of inputs you can get an output that is really quite accurate. And algorithms are modular so small parts chain off each other growing and getting more accurate.

Now add to that 200 million other patterns from other people you compare accuracies to just refine algorithms, daisy chained weighted algorithms self adjusting to find relevance and accuracy, cross referencing with millions of others refining accuracies.

Suddenly you can zoom in on anyone who will in the future be an issue. This is the Minority Report model. And is very real.

Just think of some of the simple inputs they can use. What web pages do you view, what cable channels do you tivo, what music do you listen to, who were your teachers and what values did they have assigned to them(using google like algo), who do you call, how often do you mention "Paris Hilton" on the cell phone, how often do you mention "rights". What is the ratio of advertisements viewed versus products bought to detect your programmability. Do you echo chamber what you hear.

I could go on and on.

Now once peoples 98% future is predicted, sample events, or programs are added until they find ones that bring actions back into the flow they approve of. Some sample events are "buy off" by promotion, transfers to break social environment, marital troubles, maybe they can tweak your wives future time line to cause issues, child issues, tweak kids events to lead to drugs or criminal trouble, or just get the person fired, or a DWI,

All of this can be automated, only the implementation by using a few memos to a boss, a local official or possibly a fire team of gang stalkers is needed to reroute the path as needed. One 40man hour effort can reroute a persons path back to a desired event. Many times the desired event is to remove time to think or communicate, or drive a person to criminal events to allow incarceration. These are two easy ones. Alice in wonderland can also be used to destroy credibility. People can be driven to go to get pharmaceuticals to numb thoughts. People can be made to be hopeless to curb action. People can have empathy targeted to remove caring, but I digress.

It is all quite interesting.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I want to make it clear how easy this is with an example

A kid in college, he takes communications, he has read philosophical books, he rejected submission to fraternity system, he post ideas that are full of free thought, not programming. His spending shows he sees propaganda methods. (this is not my personal example in case you were wondering)

A few ways to change his path.
Send a guy to offer him drugs at a party
Give him a DWI
Send him a book club offer with books or movies that have a philosophical slant.
Send in a prostitute to bar to seduce him and ruin his relationship with GF.
Offer internship in military/corporate industry to indoctrinate.
Recruit him
Post links on his favorite Internet area to divert him to info to change thoughts.

All of these actions can be punched in and seen if they will change his future action. Some combination of the above may stop a future inquisitive journalist.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wierdalienshiznit

They can't run economies? They have been moving money to the top for years. They have been running things quite well.

And the beauty of computing is its simplicity, it is not a complicated algorithm it is many simple algorithms adjusted and processed millions of times.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Right until that person gets a fist full of cash, Leaves the Cell phone somewhere with out the battery in it and drives off in a old car to where ever he or she wants and knowone will no about it.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Right until that person gets a fist full of cash, Leaves the Cell phone somewhere with out the battery in it and drives off in a old car to where ever he or she wants and knowone will no about it.

The system is not perfect, and off the grid does limit abilities, but I would guess lack of tracking info is an indicator also. And it tracks the millions of average people, anyone going off grid is already an anomaly and probably high flagged.

This system is why they want cashless society, soon all cars will be trackable, you can't even get a bus ticket without a drivers licence.

1984 had a system to "turkey round" up the anomalies
The Matix had a system for it
Brave New World had a system for it
And I imagine they have a system to make an anomaly a non issue.

You also need ID to get a motel, and they can run your plates when you stay at a campground. So you got to lose the car, and sleep outside.

It seems they also have started systematically scanning licence plates in some cities also.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
reply to post by wierdalienshiznit

They can't run economies? They have been moving money to the top for years. They have been running things quite well.

And the beauty of computing is its simplicity, it is not a complicated algorithm it is many simple algorithms adjusted and processed millions of times.

the performance of the stock markets bares no resembleance to the wider economy.in my country uk it has taken £2 worth of debt to create every £ of growth.

look further into it,our economies are built on consumer debt.

sure the everyday life you describe is predicatible,its our habitual lifestyle.....but. ask yourself this,could this simulation predict say how a sports match will unfold?,who scores?,gets injured?
no way,to many variables.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

Your first scenario is pretty freaking scary. It really must just be so simple for them. I am becoming really fascinated with the hypothesis of how "free" we really are. Is it "free" to choose from predetermined outcomes?

I still would like to know more about this Russell Tice fellow and whether or not he is at all credible.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
[naive]
This is all well and good.
But humans are unpredictable.
Seems that the thing some call "spirit" is hard to break.
Dark days ahead, maybe.
But nothing can break the human spirit and humanities will.
[/naive]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
this simulator would be very effective at modelling armed combat.

air invaders vs defence?
assaults on military bases?
tank vs tank
etc etc

perhaps thats what the real intention of it is?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972

humans are unpredictable.

Humans are unpredictable, but our economy in many ways depends on CONSUMERS acting as predictably as possible. Listen closely to how politicians speak. They talk about consumers a lot more than they talk about citizens.

In 2000, the European Parliament, in their report on the Echelon communications intercept system, found that the system had been mis-used for industrial espionage (Section 7.3).

news.bbc.co.uk...

What do you want to bet that lobbyists, marketers, contractors, and industrialists aren't scrambling to get their grubby hands all over NSA intercept data, and twisting Senators' arms to make it happen?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Russell Tice is legit.

Here are my initial observations on something I began observing shortly before becoming aware of Mr. Tice:

americajones.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the input. LOVE the latest essay on television. I'm going to add your blog to my favorites and I look forward to reading more of it.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I don't exactly blame the military-industrial complex for developing this technology, it's pretty much inevitable that someone will, might as well be America. It has great potential for good or evil, let's just pray that the vigilance of patriots prevents the abuse of this tech.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Actually,

They're getting a 90% acurracy rate at this time.

Edit: added link

www.sciencenews.org...

[edit on 2-11-2007 by hlesterjerome]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I would LOVE to know why you believe it is at 90% accuracy. Details?

Here is a bit of info on Tice. I'm really not trying to re-hash the episode of 2006 but I would like to hypothesize and investigate how these technologies are being used in conjuction to each other or individually and Tice has stated there is far more to it than just fighting the "War on Terror".

www.slate.com...

So far, though, Tice seems much more credible than Newsham or Frost. On ABC News and Larry King Live, he has come across as a pragmatic veteran of an esoteric front in the war on terror. Even before the wiretapping scandal, Tice's dismissal was being investigated by the Pentagon for possible improprieties. Independent psychiatric evaluations have deemed him perfectly stable. Agency officials can't be all that confident he'll be dismissed as a kook, because they're taking steps to keep him quiet. In a January 9 letter, the agency's director of Special Access Programs, Renee Seymour, warned Tice that he should not testify because members of the congressional intelligence committees are not cleared to hear information about secret intelligence (the basic problem with congressional oversight in a nutshell).

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hlesterjerome

OMG! Everyone needs to read that link you provided. Here is an excerpt:

The New York University political science professor has developed a computerized game theory model that predicts the future of many business and political negotiations and also figures out ways to influence the outcome. Two independent evaluations, one by academics and one by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, have both shown that about 90 percent of his predictions have been accurate. Most recently, he has used his mathematical tools to offer approaches for handling the growing nuclear crisis with Iran. Bueno de Mesquita provides the computer tools, but he relies on political or business experts to identify specific issues, their possible outcomes, and the key players. He asks experts narrow, carefully delineated questions about which outcome each player would prefer, how important the issue is to each player, and how much influence each player can exert. But he does not ask about the history of the conflict, the cultural norms of the area, or what the experts think will happen. With careful interviewing, Bueno de Mesquita finds that he can get experts to agree on what information the model needs as input, even when the experts disagree sharply on expected outcomes. Once, after generating a report for the CIA using information from the agency's experts, he had his students assemble the same information from news reports. "Over 90 percent of them came up with the same results as I got [when I was] locked in a lead-lined vault at the CIA headquarters," Bueno de Mesquita says. "It's basic information that experts agree on and that you can even find in The Economist."

It's crazy simple and easy to understand how this technology works and what the implications are. Combine this with the linguistic predicitve software of the web-bot at halfpasthuman.com and they already know the likely outcomes of everything. Not to mention all bio-metric analysis technology. Redge777 is right - We will shortly be living Minority Report. And it will be in a completely contrived world. Inputs = Outputs.

One thing is certain: THEY ALREADY KNOW HOW THE SITUATION WITH IRAN WILL TURN OUT!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Wow, they never cease to amaze me. Don't they have anything better to do than to sit around and play a giant SimCity game with peoples lives?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
That article reminded me of how AT&T is helping to put in a nation wide fiber-optic network which is basically essential for mass surveillance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join