It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The Mainstream Media Scared Of Ron Paul?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Here is JOEL STEIN bashing Ron Paul supporters on MSNBC.

JOEL STEIN COMPLETELY BASHES RON PAUL & HIS SUPPORTERS!

there is the article:

www.time.com...

..."His supporters are the equivalent of crabgrass," says G.O.P. consultant Frank Luntz. "It's not the grass you want, and it spreads faster than the real stuff. They just like him because he's the most anti-Establishment of all the candidates, the most likely to look at the camera during the debates and say, 'Hey, Washington, f--- you.'"

The one place Paul hasn't become a major player is where it counts: in the polls, where he hasn't broken above 5% and has yet to pass Mike Huckabee. Paul realizes he's not a favorite among the pro-war, pro-Bush Republicans. "A lot of times at my rally, I say, 'We're diverse. We even have some Republicans,'" he jokes. (His largest Meetup.com group gathers in liberal Austin, Texas; another sizable one is in San Francisco.) And he isn't sure where all this sudden support will lead.

Paul doesn't expect that he will win the nomination, and he has no interest in running as an independent again. But he also doesn't see himself endorsing one of the other Republicans in the general election. "Those people who support me wouldn't believe it," he says. "If I said, 'Giuliani's a great guy, and he'll reduce subsidies and bring the troops home'? I couldn't do that." Even nerd revolutions don't surrender.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by captainplanet]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
If the mainstream media is scared of ron paul, then man!! I guess they must be reptilians or any other part of non-human race that control the mainstream media!

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Nope, its very much human to want to install crooks for presidents.

But with that comment, you really should apply for a job at Fox News.

[edit on 4-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Why should I apply at Fox News for lol?

It was a joke...

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Sorry, but the joke was the same kind of joke often seen in the mainstream media when discussing Ron Paul followers. Why are people liking Ron Paul called a "cult"? Why are they saying we consist of nerds?

Ron Paul is the smartest, most genuine presidential candidate since Jefferson in the US, with a very, very strong economic background before he got into politics.

Bush with his IQ of 91 is not funny anymore. The media with its lies is not funny anymore. The Giulinai/Hillary crooks running for the next presidency is not funny anymore.

Im just tired of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Dude, you know that I wasn't saying nor implying anything against Ron Paul or his supporters/followers, right?

But ya, I understand you, you gotta calm down, lol.

Seriously, I understand. No, I do. What can you do though, right?

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

What I can do?

- Spread information about Ron Paul and his views.
- Spread information about the media lies about him.
- Spread information about how corrupt Giuliani and Hillary are.
- Spread information about 9/11 as a inside job by your current government.
- Spread information about London bombings as a inside job.
- Spread information about the new laws that will make 9/11 truthers terrorists.
- Spread information about the hypocracy of calling someone a terrorist while being one yourself.
- Fight apathy by making a difference in how people perceive their reality and helping to show them what is real and what is not.

Just off the top of my head.

Lol? No, not really. There is nothing funny about seeing the US society go to hell and people ignore it while watching Britney Spears and American Idol.

If you think the conspiracy theorists are crazy, you have some wakening up to do. They are the only ones fighting the enormous corruption going on, despite being ridiculed and spitted on by the mainstream media circus.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ya I know, there's some good points you're pointing out.

But what about this, would you pay enough to get the papers printed/copied to spread the information you want to provide to the people, and hang them on everywhere in public? In your town, your city, street, subways, whatever?

That's spreading information, right? So then, what if someone calls cops on you and calls you crazy? Man, you'd so get busted.
That'd suck for sure. What would you do about this situation then, Copernicus?

But frankly, I got nothing against conspiracy theorists, if you didn't know.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

They do not have the ability to arrest 9/11 truthers yet, but they are working on it. Perhaps then the US will be safe? Safe from other opinions than the government wants you to have, that is.

Another collection clip about how the media is dumbing people down and they sit there applauding it because they dont understand any better:

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What Mr. Stein was talking about is there I believe, but it is very very subtle and what he talks about by itself, would never be enough for me to send money to Dr. Paul. I would have to tell him simply that I like Ron Paul because he is not a sucker for war mongering, he values every human life (and it's individuality), and he doesn't want the federal government to spend money it doesn't have.

The whole standing up to corruption/fighting the status quo thing is just icing on the cake, yet it's powerful icing. There is however real meat to what Ron Paul is saying. The fact is that our government must stop spending money it doesn't have (that it steals from us btw) and taxing future generations. I don't want my kids to be worse off than we are, and none of the other candidates have the _ to mention anything about this issue.

But people like Joel Stein need to realize that it's not only that he stands up to the corruption, that he's not bought and paid for by interests, and that he is the ideal citizen-statesman (all of this again is just icing). It's that every word that comes out of his mouth is genius and he is the most educated and well read of any of the candidates. He has real answers for the real issues that are the government's domain. The others just have more ideas on how to run your life or tell you which country to march into without cause on their behalf next, which is not the government's domain or right, I am sorry.

I love when they call him stupid, I say if graduating medical school and delivering 4,000 babies, and getting elected to congress over and over while standing by your philosophy of true liberty for decades, able to answer to any problem without selling out the the status quo and having real solutions, I'll have what he's having.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Ron Paul is a double edged sword to the giants of business and money.
"Working" corporations would love the idea of removing corporate and income tax, but financial corporations and the fed hear the death knoll.
The war based economy would see a serious crash if his vision of a military non-intervention model were realised without some other economic model to fall back upon. This is the fear. Though not taxing corporations would probably bring back manufacturing, and entice numerous corporations to base their operations here, (footnote: Ireland dropped the corporate tax rate to 10%, that is why you see so many companies based out of Ireland.) it is far from an instant change and there will be some lean times in the lag.
Removing the fed from the loop is an onerous undertaking. I think that, now gold has risen so far, it wouldn't take an insurmountable effort to go back to a gold standard, and return the issue and control of the money supply back to the U.S. government, as it is mandated in the constitution.
A massive undertaking, but not insurmountable.

A nice dream, but Hillary is already "selected". In their mind we need her to gut the military, defund our social services, and tax us to death for the next 8 years so the following republican can afford the next war.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join