It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The Mainstream Media Scared Of Ron Paul?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Watch the video in this article from InfoWars. It shows a small collection of the media saying Ron Paul cant win, Ron Pauls voters are cheating in the pools, Ron Paul is a "spoiler" who can hurt other candidates but not win, how its always fun to see a guy get ahead that isnt "really trying" and has no chance of winning... and so on.

God I hope Ron Paul wins in 2008. Bring back the USA that once existed, where people can be proud of their president again.

Related article: Ron Paul not being included in polls

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I don’t know how that passes as unbiased. It is like they are afraid of him, it’s almost funny. I sure laugh at it, too bad some people are too dumb. Check out Fox News getting caught in the act:

youtube.com...

He tells them to film “crap” like people eating, instead of the Ron Paul supporters. He literally tells them to film “crap” instead of “these Ron Paul‘s people“. I don’t know why people even watch the “News“ anymore, they actually intend to film crap.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
They're probably afraid of Dr. Paul because he is the ONLY candidate that hasn't taken any corporate donations and consequently is the only candidate who has not been bought and paid for. They own everyone else and can control them... except for Dr. Paul.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
They really ARE scared of Ron Paul, because if (when) he gets elected, the plans of the elites are going to find themselves having to deal with a speedbumb, or turbulence, or a brick wall, that they seemed to have underestimated. He will disassemble their monopoly from the bottom up, and he is dangerous to them. If there is one person on this planet that I will follow, it is Ron Paul, and I follow him of free will. The NWO guys have to manipulate people to blindly follow. Ron Paul Revolution!

P.S. A geologist friend of mine was at a thing this weekend, and we got into an argument over Ron Paul. He seems to think it is a waste to support someone who has no chance of winning. Needless to say, I told him that the point is to support someone whos ideas will help people; and people like him make it harder for RP to win. These are the people who understand he can help, but are caught up in the system. We need to not give up, the way many of the intelligent people of this country have, and put our necks out.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Maybe they just think his ideas really, really suck (as do I, I'm just not as underhanded as they) and want to sabotage him at every turn.

Oh yeah, and Fox News doesn't want us getting out of Iraq. Paul is seen as a traitor to the Republican Party because of this.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well I did my part and put my money where my mouth is. I have to say the numbers go up by the minute. If you care, do something, where not going to get this chance ever again, think about that for a moment..

[edit on 31-10-2007 by 22-250]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's like (when you) have a dozen people standing around something broken, talking about how to fix it for hours and doing nothing about it. Then somebody who isn't part of their clique who knows how to fix it comes in and simply goes up to it and fixes it. Now the group of useless know it alls sits there jealously thinking of some way to belittle the man of action.

Just the way it happens sometimes, and I smile to think it could be happening now and on such a grand scale... Ron Paul is a hero.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Novise]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

OK, I'll bite. Ron Paul has fixed things how?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was using a metaphor to describe the media's jealousy towards him.

Career media puppet vs. a doctor who has served 2 decades of congress, and now running for president. Cowardly Know it Alls vs. Man of Action. It's that simple. Of course they get jealous of him. They may be rich but most of them haven't served the greater good one day of their life.

I was being too metaphorical with my example, but i'm a young man, it's the best I can do.

I leave it up to you to identify with what I'm saying or not. Forget Ron Paul for a second, surely you have seen my example happen many times in your life? Well this is what I believe is being played out right before us.

Edit to add: I mean they have been reporting the news for decades, and he's been actually introducing legislation, trying to change things for the better for decades. He is doing a whole lot better job than they are at fixing anything.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Novise]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
God I hope Ron Paul wins in 2008. Bring back the USA that once existed, where people can be proud of their president again.

Related article: Ron Paul not being included in polls

I believe that the bankers and owners of current corrupt America are deathly afraid of Ron Paul. I think they know how much pull he really has among internet users that don't need TV to tell them what to do and where to go.

You have to take in to account that most of working America has been a slave to official media sources only and doesn't read the internet. On ATS there's only one hundred thousand or so enlightened human beings, the rest are glued to the Reality TV shows and mindless drivel on The View.

Hopefully events unfolding in the near future regarding disclosure will shake the tree on capitol hill enough to wake a few million up and get them involved too.

I'm voting for Ron Paul even if I have to write his name in. Screw the corporate owned media. They can go bankrupt like the rest if they continue to act this way.

I would very much like to see America as it should be. The land of the free, home of the brave, sanctuary to the peaceful.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Man, am I sick to death of the main stream [operah, katie couric, the view, goodmorningamerika, usa-yesterday, cnn, nytimes, lalalatimes, washintonpost] drivel. It's all prepackaged 5 second soundbyte drivel custom made for the same crowd who thinks mcdonalds serves real food.
Junk food for the mind.
What a country.
I've watched it flushing itself down the hole ever since billary and monika had relations in the oral orffice.
The dumbing down of Amerika.

Well, now I am ready for a change. Any change. I've never voted for a Libertarian or a Constitutionalist before. I am now. He's a repub in name only, just so he would not be marginalized by the MSM, and yet, they still crap on him.
Yikes! Corrupt media? You bet.
I just joined ronpaul.meetup.com... and am helping to organise at the local level. You can too.

Here are some things you can do to help change this pile of #@& we call home :

1-write his name in, in the primaries if they shut him out of the ballot.
He must be nominated 1st, before anything else can happen. Let's get him on the ballot. WRITE HIM IN.

2- go to www.ronpaul2008.com... to see what he is all about, or
www.ronpaul2008.com... to donate

3- if your state requires you to be a Registered Republican in order to vote, then register. Afterward, re-register as whatever you like.

Click here to see what is required for YOUR state:
www.ronpaul2008.com...

4- to get involved on a local level, go here: ronpaul.meetup.com...

5- go to google/images and type in " Ron Paul 08 " .
Save the images to your hard drive, and print out yard signs, posters, buttons, flyers, etc. Get those signs in your yard! Hand out flyers at work. Email your buds....

We can help.
But since the MSM won't talk about / cover him, WE have to.

Check his voting record here if you're still wavering:
www.govtrack.us...

RP is a Libertarian and a Constitutionalist. This automatically makes him an 'enemy' of the system, and the MSM.

Give 'em all the middle finger salute:

VOTE RP IN '08!

Good post OP!

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Alexander the o.k.]

[edit on 1-11-2007 by Alexander the o.k.]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainplanet
I don’t know why people even watch the “News“ anymore, they actually intend to film crap.

At least they're starting to be honest!

Seriously, this is the first time I've heard of Ron Paul. It seems that he is a GOOD person.

If the media are scared of him, I'd say he is. They seem to only support evil. If I was an American citizen, I'd certainly vote for him. The Australian federal election is coming up soon and I will not be voting at all. I refuse to vote for "the person I hate the least". I wish we had someone like him here!

May The Light protect him and his supporters.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
We need Ron Paul in office more than anything. I'm all for him and do everything I can to support him in everyway.

Be careful what you wish for though, becase if you're not ready for the full responsiblity as a citizen of the United States, maybe one of the other candidates is better suited for your laziness.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   
If this dude is as good as portrayed....& is feared....& they let him into power....he will more than likely be assasinated....my advice to u is to put ur faith in God....not humans.....GB

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dave7

I would hate to put anymore faith in god than you've already given him. Last time I checked, George W. Bush was elected due largely in part of the "Christian" vote. I say we put faith in those who want to save this nation in this lifetime. I know we can make a change if we ALL try.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
He is against the Federal Reserve so I would say that is the most obvious reason why the bankers/mainstream media are scared of him.

JFK was the last president who threatened to usurp the Federal Reserve's control and we all know what happened to him.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yes, Ron Paul is feared by the media.
He wants to take the power away from the fed and give it back to the people.
He wants to stop policing the world.
He wants to listen to the constitution.
Those ideas sure stink.
I cannot imagine having an honest politician in office. I have donated to his campain and have engaged people in conversation about his policies.
He is the lone politician who has gotten me to be politically active. I will also do whatever I can to help get him elected.

I would love to see Ron Paul as the LEADER of this country.

mtmind

[edit on 1-11-2007 by mtmind]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainplanet
Check out Fox News getting caught in the act:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but exactly HOW does the person taping this know these guys are FNC people? I can't see any identification to support that claim in the vid, so perhaps its an assumption (see also the title "Fox????"). In which case, thanks for the opinion presented as fact.
Also, why don't we see the RP ppl in the video? Is it not possible that there is some reason WHY a major cable broadcaster wouldn't want to show them on air? Just wondering....

I personally dislike RP greatly. I would never be able to support a candidate who, amongst other things, advocates:
- dissolving the Depts. of Education, the IRS, the CIA, the Fed. Reserve, and the FBI (according to some news outlets).
- the creation of private gold/silver backed currencies (which is ludicrous in a modern economy)

In fact, most of RP's opinions vis-a-vis the economy are unworkable. Paul states that the US govt could abolish the individual income tax, which collects over 40% of federal tax revenue, if spending was reduced to a year 2000 level. He also believes that we could pay off all of our foreign debt by further reducing our spending to a 1992 level. All of this could be accomplished, and without adding any new taxes, according to Dr. Paul. That sounds terrific, but it’s impossible. The US population has grown by 45 million people in the last 15 years, and inflation has reduced the buying power of the dollar. In fact, a current dollar is the equivalent to $.67 of a 1992 dollar. (This was calculated using an arithmetic average of the inflation rates from 92 -> present, than discounting back. If you want the numbers, I’ll post them). Paul unfortunately doesn’t explain how reducing the government’s budget by nearly 33% will help solve the Social Security issue, or what effect the massive layoffs and reduced economic activity would have on the economy, but hey…Who needs to think ahead?

There are thousands more problems with this candidate. Most dangerous of all is the fact that he would attempt to usher in a new era of isolationism. If Americans have learned ANYTHING, its that isolationism solves nothing. We can either be a major player in the Global Community, or shove our head into the sand, and let the world kick us in the A** while they march forward.

Just my two cents...or, $.0066 using Ron Paul's new "way back machine" school of economic thought.

[edit on 1-11-2007 by BloodthirstyCapitalist]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BloodthirstyCapitalist

How exactly have we learned that isolationism solves nothing? Has spending $3trillion a year on foreign adventures solved anything? There's a huge difference between isolationsim and minding our own business. I havn't seen Dr. Paul saying anywhere that we isolate ourselves from foreign countries. Just that we don't plant our military all over the world and write checks to every country that sticks a hand out.

The current empoire building is a failure. Things in general have gotten geometrically worse. We're on the verge of bankrupting the country. Time to go back to the original rules of the game :: The Constitution. Then, if you don't like the rules, vote to change them. But no one has ever been given the right (or more correctly the permission) to make up their own rules. What we're doing internationally is contrary to the Constitution and therefore illegal. Period.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ron Pauls own party has disowned him. He has almost zero cooperate support if any and we all know that cooperate support is a must have here in America to win any election.
But it is no flook of nature that keeps this man ahead in the opinion polls. He raises less money than the top two candidates and is ahead of them both. If that doesn't tell you something well then your just not listening.
The night I decided to vote for Ron Paul was during the Fox News debate where folks could text their vote in, thus eliminating any chance of someone casting two votes. 'Cheater Proof' the anchors called it. And at the end of the debate when Ron Paul won and they said that someone had found out how to cheat and they just needed to not invite Ron Paul to anymore debates that was the moment right there. When they blatantly talked about not 'allowing' him to participate in anymore debates that's when I made up my mind.
I can't believe that I am going to vote Republican when I've voted Democrat all my life.
A lot of my friends are telling me that Ron Paul has no chance of winning and that your throwing your vote away. My answer to that is, at least this time, just for once, I'm going to pick my own candidate rather than let the Television pick one for me and that it's with my heart I vote and not someone else's heart.
We the American People have all been cheated my friends. We were lead into a war based on outright lies and still it goes on. We are afraid to say anything for fear of losing our jobs or being arrested.
Osama need not do anything else to us for the Bush administration has picked up the ball and is shoving it down our throats. In his wildest dreams Osama could not have hoped to accomplish what our own President has accomplished. A government run and maintained by fear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join