It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God Is or Is God Ain't

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Intelligent Creator or chaos? It is really very simple to believe in a creator. All things that we DISCOVER (uncover) in science, which is the study of nature, we put into books and fill libraries with the wonders that we call intelligent. The fact of the matter is that none of this is of our creation, it simply is and always has been and always will be. Our universities are filled with people tapping into something they pride themselves in as if they created what they discovered. The televisions and automobiles that we pull from the ground have always been there we simply had to discover them. Extrapolate this simple truth to all things that are the works of our hands and you will see we created none of it. We are simply channels of the super intelligence that is God. If it takes a living being to understand what is what makes us think a living being didn’t put it there? Or for that matter what would make us think that He wasn’t aware of us and take an interest in what we do with His Creation?

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovialjon

But belief in a creator being is just that a belief not a truth. The fact of the matter is not everything has been created by your so called god. I refer you to this

Kind of puts it in perspective don't it?

G

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jovialjon
We are simply channels of the super intelligence that is God.

I'm afraid I don't know what your talking about. I also submit that you yourself don't know what you're talking about, and can't even provide us with a coherent definition of God that doesn't contain an inherent nullfying paradox or contradiction. And you can't assign attributes to something of which you have no rational understanding.

It's fun and easy to throw around words like "God" or "intelligence" without worrying about what they actually might mean, if anything.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Heh, this reminds me of a post i made on a different site about the true aspect of reality.

Something about All Energy being God and how that Energy interacts with parallel universes, i believe - so essentially it was to do with making a contradictory arguement against the idea of parallel dimensions - in that yes, there are 'parallel' dimensions, but there is also one ultimate dimension, which is the dimension of God.

Still, i wasn't daft enough to say 'God' without adding 'i.e; Ultimate being'.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I realised later that Stephen King had written a similar theory explaining the world of the Dark Tower series.

I'm not one to claim credit for something i merely speculate.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
God is.

It's an interpretation (as many as there are, and as many as there have been across the millennia) of the same thing. There isn't a wrong interpretation either. There's a God for every facet of life. So God is everything. What else is everything? The universe is everything. So then, God is the universe. The creator of all living things, of light, of all that is seen and unseen....

One God, One Universe. 11.11

peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
mankind created the concept of god, the name of G-d, to try to explain
what did not need to be explained in the first place.
a 'god' figure was created and forcibly instilled into the collective consciousness...in an attempt to bridge the unanswerable void we
have as inquisitive human beings....

use a search function to ask: "the god part of the brain"
and come to your own conclusions

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
there are various theories amongst evolutionary psychologist to try and explain the believe humans have in god as being an advantage to survival.
-reducing stress related diseases? very iffy, some say theistic are more stressed?
-humans being feared into behaving good, working coherently with the rest of the group? increases survival chances?

from my research it appears to be more of a MIS-FIRING of a previously existing psychological trait that did help us survive in our "natural" lifestyle, the hunter/gather world.
-children being programmed to be believe anything they are told so they don't walk up to a lion.. maybe.

god was the best explanation (only explanation?) of our creation up until recently, unfortunately the "virus of the mind" has infected every facet of our culture and wont let go, being passed on from parent to child.

to the above poster, i'm not to sure about a section in the brain that specifically deals with god, if you could provide a link it would be much appreciated (not entirely sure you even meant section of the brain).

[edit on 12/17/2004 by cheeser]

top topics

join