It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workman's Chapel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Several people and I went out to Workman's Chapel the other night. We did not end up staying out as long as we hoped and caught nothing on video. I'm hoping some of you can find info on why Workman's Chapel is haunted and other areas around that would be good to investigate.

All I know right now is that there was a young black girl hanged there, that there are sightings of two figures riding horses, and that the organ inside just vanished one day. What else does anyone know?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, I would love to know a little more detail on this,

Where was this? As we are not all from the US
so would be great if you could expand on it a little,

Thanks

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Not trying to hijack your thread man, but in the small town of Jonesboro, Arkansas there is a Kellers Chapel that is pretty creepy. I have heard mostly urban legend type tales, but i personaly saw and heard a few unexplained things. In fact i havn't been back since. There is a cemetery surrounding the chapel, and straight behind the chapel is a row of 7 small grave stones facing the opposite direction of the others. These tombstones all belong to small children. The strange thing is that the death dates are almost all a year apart in an ascending fashion, and they all have the same last name. The last time i was there messing around with some friends trying to scare some girls naked...(didn't work by the way)...i heard a little girl laughing. I thought it was my buddies messing around with me, but they all heard it to. The skeptic of the bunch was the most frightened, was kind of a crazy night. There is supposed to be a barn or shed behind the cemetery for the grounds keeper that will scare the daylights out of you. I can't confirm that, i never had the nerve to go looking for it.

Sorry for hijacking your thread man, the chapel thing got me going.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I found this on the Shadowlands, Missouri section, hope it helps:

Maryville - Workman's Chapel - There is a presence felt at this church. It has been engulfed in flames before and no damage has occurred. There is a story about someone seeing some old cars around there like a funeral was going on and the roof of the vehicle that this person was in started to crush in until they left. A voice told someone where a knife was located under a part of the floor that was used by the priest to kill someone. A tree right by the chapel was used to hang people. You can sometimes see figures hanging from the trees. Also when you look just right you can see a figure hanging inside the church itself. Also rumors of a man that walks a horse. Supposedly if you leave your car underneath the tree that people were hung from you can hear feet as if trying to stand on your car to stop them from dying. Hoofs and many strange sounds come from the woods and sometimes noises from he chapel while in the cemetery are heard. [ex/]

[edit on 30-10-2007 by ChrisJr03]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Sorry for not expanding on this. Workman's Chapel is in the northwestern part of Missouri and about 15 minutes from where I'm located. It is an old church that fell into misuse and is still standing but is in poor condition. There is a small cemetery beside it.

Anyone have ideas on what I should try when I go back or other places around Missouri to check?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
go into the chapel and walk to the front... sit down about level with the front windows.. and ask for emily to run...

Last time i was there i was recording our questions with a video camera. About halfway through we heard running .. from one window... about half way across the floor it stopped.. the light came on on the camera and it moved.. ever so slightly... (you can see and hear this on the tape) you hear someone say "emily!" and then it ran the rest of the way across.. jumped out the window and ran out into the cemetery...

Havent had anything that awesome happen since... but if you ask emily might take a few steps.. she has for me...

Man i really need to find that tape...

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by eRoks

hey um i live in maryville actually and we went out there the other night and my friends car died and there were hand prints all over it after it got pushed away from the chapel. The priest, Workman, a long time ago, killed everyone, hence the name "Workman's Chapel" it's quite a freaky place. You can see things through the windows while standing inside the chapel. You have to watch your step though because the floorboards are broken down inside the chapel. Black people were hung there, and there are rumors of how you can hear there feet scraping on your car, and you can hear chains.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Iwent there last night with a group of friends from my dorm. It's a very creepy place. A bunch of people saw stuff, and even though i went there expecting nothing, i left believing that there is something out there. Also, can anyone explain the blood on the floor of the church?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
went there and we saw a head un the back window.

top topics

join