It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamin C Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Actually, supplementing with vitamin C isn't neccessary if you're following a proper dietary regimen. Glucose and Vitamin C compete with each other for uptake into cells....and glucose is dangerous in the bloostream, therefore Vitamin C takes the backseat when blood glucose is elevated.

So, if you're diabetic and/or consume lots of carbs, you're just pissin' out any vitamin c that is circulating in your blood.

Edit to add: This happens because glucose and vitamin c use the same insulin receptors to enter the cells.

This is one of the reasons why when you're sick you're told to avoid sugar and supplement with Vitamin C.

Linus Pauling, anyone?

-Dev

[edit on 19-4-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Vitamin C will cure certain cancers, but only with megadose IV therapy of a minimum of 50 grams daily.
A friend of mine had malignant lymphoma, was told he had six months to live and needed to go on chemotherapy. He told the oncologist where to put the chemo and left the U.S. He got megadose Sodium Ascorbate 50grams a day IV for 2 weeks. Said a lump the size of a golf ball on his neck went away and skin cancers turned white and fell off. It cured the lymphoma.

Sodium Ascorbate is the IV form of vitamin C, not to be confused with Ascorbic acid which is the oral form. Some clinics are doing up to 100 grams daily depending on body weight.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The easiest solution is to go back to nature for ALL of this!

Vitamin D is produced by our own bodies when we are in the sun....so we need the sun, just as plants do.

There are 10 fruits and veggies with more Vitamin C than oranges. If eaten fresh or juiced, you CAN'T get a better source. Pharmaceuticals keep trying to reinvent the wheel here, but the bottom line is that there are mono-atomic vitamin and mineral particles within all living plant matter that have the ability to penetrate cell walls. A vitamin pill just doesn't have that capability.

10 Fruits and Vegetables With More Vitamin C Than Oranges

Guava - 376 mg Vitamin C for 1 cup
Red Bell Peppers - 142 mg Vitamin C for 1/2 cup
Lychee - 135 mg Vitamin C for 1 cup
Parsley - 133 mg Vitamin C for 3.5 ounces
Kiwi - 128 mg Vitamin C for 2 average fruits
Broccoli - 100 mg Vitamin C for 1 cup broccoli
Brussels Sprouts - 96 mg Vitamin C for 1 cup
Papaya - 86 mg Vitamin C for 1 cup cubed
Strawberries - 84 mg Vitamin C for 1 cup
Pineapple - 78 mg Vitamin C for 1 cup chunks

Leafy green vegetables, legumes and nuts are excellent sources of calcium that put dairy to shame. Here is a link to site that has a chart that breaks it down, and you can even view magnesium content of plant sources.

Food Chart

The bottom line is....go raw. Dead food, dead body - live food, live body. If it doesn't grow that way, don't eat it. Pills are not natural, and overcooking food is not natural. We've basically become accustomed to killing every particle of live energy in our foods before consuming them. No wonder disease is rampant. I'm not a vegan or a raw-foodist, but I'm making changes, and I can feel the difference. I can also say the old habits are emotionally embedded, and not based on physical need. We crave the very things that are killing us. Ironic, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You know, I do totally agree that nature would be the best source in ideal conditions. No doubt.

But there are a lot of factors in this equation. Poor soil, not everyone eats like they should, etc. Vitamin D, yup, sunlight, and supplement in the Fall and Winter. But, I like to keep a solid supplementation for my health. I had a marked improvement with my hernia type pain when I started supplementing. I take 10,000 IU pretty much every day.

I just don't think we can say "eat right" anymore. I don't even know if real organic food covers our butts. For many vitamins, in my opinion, yes go above the RDA, which is far too low. There are some nutrients you should make yourself aware of, before you go out and try to mega-dose them. Research, so you can stay safe. Dig deep, and make sure some of the warnings aren't just scare tactics.

This is the thing, I am wondering if mega-dosing is actually truly a mega-dose, but in reality more of an "optimal dose."

Again, it's sickening with mainstream health care, and the people who are running around, short of breath, can't operate correctly, and it is so unnecessary. If they can't always eat optimally, they should be able to supplement, and the docs should tell them to supplement. Not just the RDA, but something more optimal.

Eat well, supplement well, and think well!

Troy

[edit on 19-4-2010 by cybertroy]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You should look into niacin as well. I take grams of both c and niacin daily. It has many benefits, but one is that niacin is proven to work better than the leading 5 statin drugs, and the only one scientifically proven through a 10 year study to reduce mortality by 11%.

Take the inositol hexanicotinate form. It's 6 niacin molecules bonded to inositol, for a natural timed release version. Don't take pure niacin in these high doses or you'll burn like hell! Niacinamide doesn't offer same benefits.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Actually, supplementing with vitamin C isn't neccessary if you're following a proper dietary regimen.

oh, really?

of course all you really have to back this up is the RDA, right? your sugar antagonism problem is a non issue btw, just think of the half life of ascorbate and the amounts at play here. if you ate only fresh fruit and vegetables, uncooked and unprocessed, like an ape, you might get a decent dose of ascorbic acid. is that what your diet looks like?

thought so. nearly all mammals produce their own ascorbic acid from sugar, corrected for body weight, the normal dose would be 5 - 30 grams a day, depending on the animal in question.

www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/197x/stone-i-orthomol_psych-1979-v8-n2-p58.htm

i guess none of this can possibly have any relevance for FDA certified humans® because the RDA is per definition enough. i suggest you do yourself a favor and look up how collagen is made and what it is used for in the body, maybe you should search for the 'Pauling therapy', too, as was already suggested.

PS: oh and while we are at it, search this forum for the words 'soil depletion' and 'essential sugars' and then tell me how much of them were in your meals today and if you've had your 15 minutes of sunlight at noon for adequate calciferol...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Long Lance

Not really sure what your point was....

I'm very well aware that most mammals, except humans, convert blood glucose into ascorbic acid via enzymatic proccesses. I'm also aware of Linus Pauling (see above post) and the relationship between Vitamin C and collagen.

Please explain how sugar and vitamin c "competition" is a non-issue.

To elaborate on my point that vitamin c supplementation isn't necessary.....Vilhjalmur Stefansson spent some time (years) with Alaskan Inuit....

Stefansson documented the fact that most Inuit lived on a diet of about 90% meat and fish, often going 6–9 months a year on nothing but meat and fish—essentially, a no-carbohydrate diet. He found that he and his fellow European-descent explorers were also perfectly healthy on such a diet. When medical authorities questioned him on this, he and a fellow explorer agreed to undertake a study under the auspices of the Journal of the American Medical Association to demonstrate that they could eat a 100% meat diet in a closely-observed laboratory setting for the first several weeks, with paid observers for the rest of an entire year. The results were published in the Journal, and both men were perfectly healthy on such a diet, without vitamin supplementation or anything else in their diet except meat.

en.wikipedia.org...-carbohydrate_diet_of_meat_and_fish

....in support of the idea that lowering blood sugar allows vitamin c absorption. I mean, you would think Vilhjalmur Stefansson would have died of scurvy, right?

-Dev

[edit on 22-4-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

If our body is healthy, ascorbic acid gets recycled properly and supplementation isn't necessary. Due to western habits of lifestyle, I believe it is necessary to supplement. I know it's helped me out tremendously, but your mileage may vary.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
yea alot of sheeple say that if you take more then 500mg you body will pee the rest,WRONG
thats what they want you to think
i took 1gr every day,and i stoped being sick every winter once and for all

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

It would be nice if Dr. Pauly had lived to 120 to back up his claims. I know it keeps you from getting scurvy but I am not sold on its other powers.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Did you know both of his parents died in their forties?

Seems he did pretty well to me. Didn't he die at age 89?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
yea alot of sheeple say that if you take more then 500mg you body will pee the rest,WRONG

It's certainly not a lie that your body disposes of excess vitamin c in the blood. How much depends on your genetics and diet. Like I said earlier; because glucose competes with vitamin c for insulin receptors to enter the cells, and because the body gives glucose precedence, consuming a high-carbohydrate diet (most people do) will most definitely inhibit vitamin c absorption.....causing excretion instead of retention.

So it's not really a false statement, considering the Standard American Diet.

-Dev

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Please explain how sugar and vitamin c "competition" is a non-issue.

sugar might delay vitamin C absorption, but the only way to really lose it would be excretion and as far as i could tell this was about vitamin C overdose, not sugar.

To elaborate on my point that vitamin c supplementation isn't necessary.....Vilhjalmur Stefansson spent some time (years) with Alaskan Inuit....

....in support of the idea that lowering blood sugar allows vitamin c absorption. I mean, you would think Vilhjalmur Stefansson would have died of scurvy, right?

-Dev

furthermore,

www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T2P-4867WCT-S9&_user=10&_coverDate=12%2F31%2F1980&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_sort=d&_docancho r=&view=c&_searchStrId=1308495395&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=0bda0e8a0bf02da6d65008fd8be742b4

5. 5. A 150 kg cetacean and a 70 kg phocid seal have at least 12.42 g and 2,89 g of ascorbate, respectively.
. which begs the question how much will the eat, on average.

animals tissue does contain ascorbic acid, (i suspect organ tissue even more so), the key to actually reaping the benefit is not cooking it.

still, actual ascorbate intake is not directly known and many other vitmains exist in abundance in marine animals, which in turn would reduce the requirements.

[edit on 2010.4.24 by Long Lance]

[edit on 2010.4.24 by Long Lance]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Animals which produce ascorbic acid from glucose live much longer than we do, comparatively. On average, they live 9 times the average age of maturity, where as the guini pig, fruit fly, and human being ( all of which don't produce ascorbic acid ) live on average 4 times the age of maturity.

The thought process is that if we were to restore optimal vit-c levels via turning on the gene which produces the GULO enzyme, or supplementing sufficiently, we will increase the maximum age limit, and reduce overall mortality. To this date, I don't think there is an individual who has been given adequate ascorbate to provide optimal serum levels 24/7 from birth.

18 x 9 = 162

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive

It's certainly not a lie that your body disposes of excess vitamin c in the blood. How much depends on your genetics and diet. Like I said earlier; because glucose competes with vitamin c for insulin receptors to enter the cells, and because the body gives glucose precedence, consuming a high-carbohydrate diet (most people do) will most definitely inhibit vitamin c absorption.....causing excretion instead of retention.

So it's not really a false statement, considering the Standard American Diet.

-Dev

Acually, this isn't entirley true. When one first starts taking high doses of ascorbic acid, the body pees out most of it. True. The body adapts, however. After a few days to weeks, the body will learn to use the increased intake of vitamin-c, and very little will be peed out. My guess is that continuously high intakes changes certain genes at the epigenetic level, but I really am not sure of this.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
High grade C from the Vitamin C foundation is what I recommend, and to take magnesium and at least 2 grams of D, as well. To take 1/4-1/2 tsp C every couple hours in juice. Need lots.

Also if there is anything coming around, like that new fungus disease that is airborn, then Grapeseed extract, and coconut oil, niacin in high doses, will kill the fungus, and cut out cheese and nuts for a few weeks. Use natural yogurt, home made or from the health food store to replenish good bacteria in your system. C however will help any secondary infections from occurring from this. If it goes around I would be taking 10 grams a day, and your kids at least 5 or more.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Vitamin C is excellent I usually get 3 grams a day.

Plus

Calcium,magnesium,A,B,D,E,Fish Oil,echincea,goldenseal

Whenever I feel like I'm coming down with something I bump up the vitamin c to 6-10 grams a day and throw in some garlic...swine flu,bird flu pffft they don't stand a chance.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Vitamin C conspiracy?

You better believe it...

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
An older thread and not posted on for nearly two years - and this is Vitamin C!!! Talk about a conspiracy of silence.

We all have a major genetic illness, major. Sick, we are all sick since birth - before birth if your mom wasn't taking several grams of Vitamin C a day. All other animals, plants, fish, everybody except apes, guinea pigs, a bat or two, make ascorbic acid in their bodies every minute. Apes can't, we can't make it because one of the enzymes in the construction series broke when right after lemurs. Lemurs make it. None of the other apes do or can.

So, how can we cure a huge, major, genetic illness? Take a few grams a day, spaced out throughout the day. Simple as that.

And the above top secret? No major media outlet, politician, public figure, etc (where is Linus Pauling when we need him. Dead.) is going on and on about Vitamin C, every day, every speech, on tv and off. This is a crime of omission.

Vitamin C!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join