It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ad Showing 'Homosexual' Newborn Causes Stir in Italy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Throbber
However i'll just say that neither am i a 'problem' in god's book, considering i'm a virgin n' all.

I also apologize for the "impregnating every hussy" comment. That wasn't directed at you or anyone. It was a comment about the overpopulation in this world.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

I don't know. I hear about 5 a week in this city alone. Do 5 kids get beaten to near death for being fat a week in your town?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

The emo's actually get it worse here. They make up about 30% of the teenage population. I'd say that roughly 40 to 50 a week get beaten senseless each week. And that's a conservative estimate.

Gay people make up a very large population here and I have yet to see one even get in a fight with a straight person (though they infight a good bit), much less get jumped and beaten.

So, yes. I would say that those kids on that list get a far bit more punishment than gay people. At least around here.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

Ok. I'll take your word for it. Maybe that's why people are trying to teach tollerance?

And I'll admit. Using cute pictures of kids and labeling them "homosexual" or "lesbian" is not a good way to do this.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yours truly, Nauseated

I'm sorry, but this sick little love-in of 'homosexuals BAD' and 'it's all in the conditioning' cannot be allowed to continue unopposed.

People cannot help their sexuality. Neither gay people nor straight. Neither sadists nor masochists. Neither paedophiles nor necrophiliacs. The evidence is in, and it is overwhelming.

You can keep on trying to blind yourself to it, but the truth will out. In fact, it has already been... outed.

So get up to speed, get with the programme, and enough with the hate.

'I have nothing against gays, but...'

Yeah, sure, you have nothing against 'gays'. Sure, sure.

Some primal, irrational fears and hatreds are all too evident in this thread.

For the record, I am a polymorphous pansexual bestialist with a harem of elephant seals I swim with off the coast of Nova Scotia sometimes. We cut each other and drink each others blood. It's tasty.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think its ridiculous (that is my word of the day LOL).

If people want to start being accepted as equal and as normal.......then stop trying to single yourself out as being different. This goes for race too.

It is hypocrytical.

Treat me the same as everyone else.........but treat me different because im different.

Well, what do you want? Cant have it both ways (rhetorical by the way).

I have friends who are black...and friends who are gay. They say they have NEVER suffered any discrimination because of who they are. *Maybe* its because they act normal and arent all in your face about the fact they are black or gay.

I understand there is still discrimination and it sucks and its wrong. But being in the face of others about it - is not the way to combat discrimination. I too wish that everyone could just look at a person as a person.

But until we stop labeling ourselves - then others will continue to label us.

And the ad is just dumb....becuase it logically makes no sense. 1. There is no way of knowing if a newborn is going to be straight or gay. 2. How come there isnt a bay in the picture, wearing a tag saying "straight". 3. Who cares? (takes me back to my original point in the beginning

[edit on 25-10-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Stop stirring the slops of anxiety, no one said that being gay was bad, i was merely commenting on how it came to be.

In reality homosexuality occurs in exactly the same fashion that ANY distinctive personality trait occurs - during infancy.

also; i don't get you're last part, is it some sort of advanced sarcasm?

I mean... are you doing that as a method of ridiculing the social context or were you literally just being sarcastic?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Indeed. That's exactly what I have never understood.

Why would you want to be accepted as being "just like everyone else" and then turn around and have massive parades that thrust you into the limelight?

It has never made sense to me and I think you hit the nail on the head.

The want to be left alone as far as the violence and discrimination aspect, but then want to be special and have attention garnered on them in other aspects. Can't have it both ways. If you make a big deal out of yourself, expect others to do the same in positive AND negative lights.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Tolerance is a good thing.

Trying to ram "equality" down the throats of a populace that is not made up of equals is something altogether different.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Stop stirring the slops of anxiety, no one said that being gay was bad, i was merely commenting on how it came to be.

My post was not a particular reply to yours. It was a response to the thread.

No-one said being gay was bad? Perhaps not in so many words, but that was clearly implied. Read the post below your previous one, for instance. Or the OP. Or one or two immediately below that.

also; i don't get you're last part, is it some sort of advanced sarcasm?

I mean... are you doing that as a method of ridiculing the social context or were you literally just being sarcastic?

No, I was just sharing with you a closely-held and cherished secret about the intimate life of my body. I'm beginning to regret it now. Who knows who might hold it against me?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
I have to agree that this is carrying the homosexual craze throughout the world too far.

Craze ? Is that like the skateboarding craze in the 70's ? Or Cabbage Patch Dolls ? Oh no. It's gotta be Buzz Lightyear, right ? Sexy space suit n'all.

When did someone's sexuality become a craze exactly ? Perhaps you're only noticing homosexuals in your midst today because a generation ago most homosexuals lived a straight life, even sometimes marrying and having children although more likely probably living their lives as what Grandma might call "confirmed bachelors".

Honestly. You'd think homosexuality had just been invented.

As to the advert itself, what harm does it do ? It's thought provoking and challenges people such as yourself to consider .... what if my child turns out to be gay ? Do you think your own attitudes to this "craze" might change if that happened ? Does it make you think any differently ?

What if they changed it from "homosexual" to "schizophrenic" or to "bankrupt" ? They're taking the innocence of a child and imposing on it the prejudice of our generation in order to challenge the way we think today.

Where's the harm in that ?

It's just an advert. You can't make people homosexual if they're straight. You just can't.

And yet another thread which involves homosexuality and children. Seems to have become quite a regular occurrence on this forum. And always initiated by straight men too and always with the noblest intention of "discussing the issue". Let's see if this one rapidly descends into a general anti-gay rant like all the rest.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
My post was not a particular reply to yours. It was a response to the thread.

No-one said being gay was bad? Perhaps not in so many words, but that was clearly implied. Read the post below your previous one, for instance. Or the OP. Or one or two immediately below that.

No, I was just sharing with you a closely-held and cherished secret about the intimate life of my body. I'm beginning to regret it now. Who knows who might hold it against me?

Thanks for that.

I noticed that a few of you missed what i said about the elitist scum, perhaps i wasn't coherent enough.

While there are indeed members of the gay community whom are decent, hard working citizens, there are also **SNIP**, just like every single other social group we have on earth, who make people look bad.

The people who made the advertisement are an example of this - the rest of the world will look at that and think that the makers are **SNIP**(although there will be some impressionable people who actually support it openly), and therefore the disgust at the creators will be felt by the gay community as a whole - because that's how society works.

So remember folks, When someone tries to draw attention to something with a serious pretext over something using a method that is clearly designed to shock and/or cause apathy - THEY ARE AN **SNIP**.

EDIT: "schizophrenic" and "bankrupt" are also psychological conditions, yes (although bankruptcy is actually a legal status, it does have psychological implications attached).

But both of those share negative aspects, whereas homosexuality doesn't.

It's like putting a label on a product, essentially.

YOU ARE NOT LABELLED FROM BIRTH, UNDERSTAND?

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Throbber]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I noticed that a few of you missed what i said about the elitist scum, perhaps i wasn't coherent enough.

Ah yes, elitist scum. Who made a commercial intended to -- what? Curry sympathy for 'queers'? Turn everyone gay? Or express their belief that sexuality is not a choice?

A child is born into a world of phenomena all equal in their power to enslave. It sniffs – it sucks – it strokes its eyes over the whole uncomfortable range. Suddenly one strikes. Why? Moments snap together like magnets, forging a chain of shackles. Why?'

- Peter Shaffer, Equus

More elitist scumbagging, eh? Or perhaps you would care to furnish us an answer to that tantalizing 'why'?

Nobody has a choice about their sexuality. Or about very much else, really.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Astyanax]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

We make our own answers in life, Astyanax - hurry up and make yours already.

EDIT: Also - the elitest scum made the commercial to incur favour from their superiors, obviously.

It's possible they aren't even homosexuals themselves, and as such what right do they have to fight for the cause of someone else?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

I'm a little too old to be making choices like these, Throbber. All my choices, if I had any to make, were made decades ago.

All those elephant seals are female by the way. I wouldn't want you thinking I was a 'queer' now, would I?

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Astyanax]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

If you've made your choices why is it so important for you to question others?

You have your path, and you've followed it for decades.

Btw, i'm not interested in your elephant seal harem.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Man, talk about someone reading wayyyy too much into a word.

Did I say anywhere that I cared if anyone was gay or not? Nope, as a matter of fact, I think I was making the exact opposite point.

Don't advertise yourself unless you want to open yourself up the attention that the advertisement is likely to cause.....be it good OR bad.

Can't have it both ways. There WILL be people in this world that will absolutely HATE you for being gay. Just like there will be people that hate you for being emo or fat or anything else that person might not consider "normal".

Hell, look at fat people as an example. A good majority of the United States is fat, yet, fat people take criticism on a level (at times) gay people could NEVER understand. Is that criticism warranted? At times, yes but most of the time no. Same with gay people, sometimes the verbal attacks are called for and sometimes they are not.

If you come through anywhere near me with a gay pride parade, I'm likely to keep my mouth shut and avoid it. However, if you come through my area with a gay pride parade and I just happen to be stuck near it and I witness two half naked men licking all over each other and being otherwise lewd, then I'm damn sure gonna say something. Why? Because I don't want to see that anymore than I want to see a man and woman out in public doing it.

In regards to gaydom being a craze, it is. Hell, what exactly warrants Dumbledore from a freaking TERRIBLE kids' book being gay gaining national media attention at a time when our president (of sorts) is talking World War III? Not only that, but talks of gay fairy tales for school children and other similar idiocies....

Of course being gay is nothing new. However, jumping up and down and screaming from the rafters that you are gay in groups of thousands IS a relatively new thing and it raises the ire of some folks and should be avoided by anyone who doesn't want the attention it's going to bring.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Nobody has a choice about their sexuality. Or about very much else, really.

If no one has choices, then why do we have prisions? Wouldn't it be wrong to isolate someone for something they have no control over?

No one has a choice about their sexuality? Tell that to the woman who just found out her husband is sleeping with two other women on the side. This idealistic view of life doesn't translate well into the real world where we are the sum of our choices and we must face the consequences of our choices be they good or bad.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think its just one way for a small minority with their own agendas to push something that is abnormal and make something ..normal

Biologically it dosen't make sense!! yet we are being told something is normal...the guy blowining himself up and taking every poor so and so with him....he had a cause so we are lulled " well thats what happens when people are oppressed" is that normal!! if we are supposed to be the apex of evolution ..then I think not!!

Don't get me wrong ..I worked as a nurse for a few years and had many gay friends ...and from what I experienced all just wanted to get on with their lives,,and never advocated homosexuality ...so who are these faceless people that portray it as normal..

What I find staggering is a case in the uk of good foster parents who had looked after numerous children now cannot ...because of the new legislation in the uk!! they refused to endorse homosexuality...

Why not just let them grow up and when it comes to it ...have a grown up sypathetic ear !! and guide when they can make some sort of informed decision ??

I have sat back for some time and watched the posts on here!! ...

So if my spelling or grammer arn't right ...so what!! ..you get my point its plain English!

If its not right factuall...theres a grain of truth in it somewhere ..but from the papers / media this is what we are told!!

If its in the wrong area ..never mind !!lol

Must admit I do like the site...even if some of the posters don't live in the real world!!lol

Will I get banned for this or suffer a load of abuse !!Never mind !!

I tell the truth as I see it !! ( of course after some research)

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If you've done research it's customary to post it so the rest of us can 'Ooooh' and 'Aaaah' @ it.

Also, paragraphs pls.

EDIT: Okay, that was a tad unfair of me, let me try again;

Welcome to ATS!

You've got some good points thar.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join