It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will success in Middle East stop an attack on the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Are events coming together that support a large attack?

Events here in the United States and abroad are melding into a possible coherent plan that seems to dovetail with published al Qa�ida announcements in recent months.

We have had the countdown message that coincides with the first (US date) or the second (Saudi date) of February.
www.homelandsecurityus.com...
Previous electronic messages from al-Qa'ida set the month of Shawwal [started on 25 November], or the period between Id al-Fitr and Id al-Adha, as the date for the strike that it has consistently threatened to carry out. The latest electronic message from al-Qa'ida organization showed new assertions from the organization's leader of the imminent strike inside US territories and said he would appear later on in a televised speech to speak about this operation.

Abu-Muhammad al-Ablaj, an al-Qa'ida leader, said in his new message: "I was talking with the brothers around the shaykh [Usama
Bin Ladin] and they asked me to confirm that the strike would be between the two ids, that it would break the back, and would upset the balances."

Second echelon al Qa�ida cells in Europe were tasked with raising the alert status in the western countries in what I call the �smoke and mirrors� operation during December.
The main effect was to wear down security forces and the general public to a state of complacency possibly allowing infiltration of first echelon cells into position in western countries.
www.crime-research.org...
CITIZEN COMPLANCY A THREAT

www.debka.com...
From the first week of December, according to our sources, trained al Qaeda terrorists have been creeping past the Saudi, Yemeni and undercover American Special Forces deployed in the area for long-running counter-terror operations.

From Jizran�s air and seaports - and its 100 Red Sea islands, including the strategic Farasan Archipelago � a second al Qaeda group has been making for overseas operations. From Jizran, they would have no difficulty in spiriting themselves and their weapons out of the country and out of the Middle East, as far as North America.

The stated goal of al Qa�ida in their recent messages is to cause an attack in the US on such a scale that we will be pre-occupied responding to the emergency here and will not be able to respond to simultaneous events in the middle east.
Certain events must occur in the Middle East for the grand plan to come to fruition; information has developed to support plan as I see it.
First the al Qa�ida and their supporters must forment an open civil war in Iraq that will tie down our military forces in country.
www.mindspace.org...
Another senior official said the concerns over a
possible civil war were not confined to the CIA, but
are �broadly held within the government,� including by
regional experts at the State Department and National
Security Council.

www.sky.com...
AL QAEDA SUSPECT CAUGHT

24 September 2003--Information Analysts from the Northeast Intelligence Network have uncovered extremely specific "jihad" intelligence that indicates approximately 100-125 well-seasoned and trained al Qaeda operatives and its supporters have methodically entered Iraq since June 2003 for the singular purpose of using "bobby-trapped" vehicles against US troops, military and aid workers, and anyone cooperating with the rebuilding of Iraq and the removal of Saddam loyalists.

www.globalsecurity.org...
"As things develop [in Iraq], I would be very surprised if some number of foreign fighters don't make their way to Iraq. It's too good an opportunity for them to miss, really. For them not to go there would be very remarkable, I think," he said.

A successful widespread rebellion in Iraq would most likely slow our forces response time to a coup in Saudi Arabia from being timely or effective.

Osama Bin Laden and al Qa�ida have expressed that the over throw of the current ruling family in Saudi Arabia is one of their main goals.

So finally, the sheikh (Osama Bin Laden) has called for the change
and removal of the ruling systems. The next step is the creation of a
council uniting the country under the banner of Monotheism, and this council carries out the responsibilities of the nation and directs its duties after the expected fall of the current system and the fall of America that are upon us God willing."

www.siteinstitute.org...
Osama bin Laden�s latest speech is quoted, �there should be no dialogue with the occupiers but the dialogue with weapons, this is our obligation today, and this is for what we should strive.�

www.janes.com...
Bin Laden's dreams of destabilizing the entire Middle East may have the potential to become the West's worst nightmare.

An additional incentive exists for the Islamic overthrow of not only the Saudi government but also the Pakistani government because of both countries nuclear programs and modern inventory of weapons.

www.worldnetdaily.com...
Saudi Arabia has been secretly obtaining help from Pakistan for its missile and nuclear program, the analyst�s report. Riyadh helped finance Pakistan's nuclear program precisely to ensure that the royal family will have a bomb in case of an emergency.

www.paktribune.com...
Acting president of Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal (MMA) Qazi Hussain Ahmad has warned if the nuclear scientists are not released and the false charges are not withdrawn against them, the religious alliance will give a call for countrywide anti government movement culminating in a siege of Islamabad.

Any large terrorist event occurring during the next several days in Iraq, Saudi Arabia or Pakistan thought of in light of the strike between the two ids as communicated by al Qa�ida could be taken as an immediate precursor to a major 9/11 style attack on the United States.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
More backround info from Homeland security US on Saudi situation and possible february CONUS attacks;

8 January 2004-- Imminent Warning to Saudi Arabia: The release of the 8th edition of the "Voice of Jihad" just hours ago makes direct reference to the intended attack against and destruction of the Saudi ruling party for their complicity with the US. This jihad against the current Saudi regime may also be consistent with or a precursor for a call to jihad for terror operations inside the US. The Arabic text along with the pertinent graphic images will be posted after further analysis. The pertinent translated text appears as follows:

"...This the message that Osama wants you to have:"

Then there is this article;
straitstimes.asia1.com.sg...
Haj red alert

MECCA (Saudi Arabia) - Snipers, bomb squads and border guards have marched to the clatter of helicopters in this holy city as the authorities staged a show of force meant to deter violence with two million Muslims arriving for the haj.

CONUS threats;

This year, Eid al Adha has an apocalyptic shadow over it. For over a month, Al Qaeda operatives throughout the world have been broadcasting messages threatening the destruction of America. By itself, this is really nothing new. What is new this time, however, is that these messages have defined a specific timeframe: in short, they have specified that the destruction will be complete by the Eid al Adha, or February 3, 2004. Additionally, there was a tape of Osama Bin Laden that was initially broadcasted in February 2003, where he promised that he would martyr himself by the end of the year--- in the "Belly of the Eagle".

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
In short, no. Even if we blow both Iraq and Afghanistan to hell and back, there will still be terrorists after us. Probably even more so. IMO, even if Osama is caught, there will still be terrorists.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I must admit, I was expecting a completely different post when I read the title.

I would agree that there is not really much we can do about AlQueda(sp?) at this point. They are spread all over the world and mostly decentralized now. If we get O/Usama BinLaden then someone else in the ranks will just step up and replace him. Military force was only effective in temporarily slowing them down. We need to address the root of the problem now.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
If we get O/Usama BinLaden then someone else in the ranks will just step up and replace him. Military force was only effective in temporarily slowing them down. We need to address the root of the problem now.

There are a thousand Osama's in waiting, and military force will do nothing to slow it down. It will only create more terrorists.

You are right that we should address the root of the problem. That would be Israel.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think we should spend the money we're going to spend on the War on Terruh and just build a giant, impenetrable dome over Israel/Palestine. Hurrah! The root of Islamic Fundamentalism goes away!

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The gist of my posting was to ask question and/or point out that by preventing the achievement of al Qa'idas larger goal of formenting a civil war that allows takeover of another country to use as a base of operations(like Afganistan used to be) - can the US stave off another major attack.

Just attacking the US without carrying out another complimentary operation is not in furtherence of their true cause, I think they know this on a strategic level.
Admittedly there will be smaller attacks to stir the pot and create fear.

So I am wondering if we make it impossible for the conditions they need to exist in a larger strategic sense,
will they possibly get bogged down in middle east trying to make those conditions happen.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Looks like my hypothesis might have some water to it - NIN most recent update spells out the scenario that I was talking about in this post.

homelandsecurityus.com...

(Excerpt of NIN update)
In order to fully comprehend the nature of the threat against and within the US, it is important to look at what is currently taking place in Saudi Arabia, as events are likely to begin with the attack and planned toppling of that fragile regime unless thwarted by Saudi forces. Details to Saudi situation here. We have previously reported in detail that it is the intent of al Qaeda operatives and their terrorist lackeys to dethrone the royal family, take over that country and in so doing, launching a major terrorist offensive against and inside of the United States in the process. Note that the reference (link) above appears to indicate a two-fold attack in Saudi Arabia - those who take part in the overthrow, and those who martyr themselves in other arenas, such as the countries of their origins.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What the hell does Nine Inch Nails know about this?

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
What the hell does Nine Inch Nails know about this?

Northeast Intellgence Network = NIN

new topics

top topics

join