It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Debunked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Debunked

Its a viral campaign for Alienware.

Same writting, same map in background.

"Win a trip to New York!"

www.alienware.com...

Crack the Code and win....

Pity, i hoped this would be "The One"

Good Job trying to prove it/debunk it everyone. I enjoyed reading what you guys were doing, pity it was simply someone "f-ing" with us.

[edit on 10/24/2007 by 3rdeye]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Not even remotely close to the same writing/characters. Not saying the drone pics or real, but at the same time, you can't yell "Debunked!" every time you see unusual writing somewhere.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'll let this do the talking.

Sorry for the crude-ness of it, but it shows that this text being used by Alienware is the Drone/CARET text.

I only highlighted a few. The rest are the same as well.

i229.photobucket.com...

Mod edit: image bbcode to restore thread format

[edit on 10/24/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Alienware could have also got the idea from the drone... seeing as there is no copywrite to the drone or anything like that

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I signed up for the updates. This is going to be fun to watch play out. The characters are at minimum similar at first glance. The theme is on target. Hopefully by November we will know more about this campaign.

We'll see, we'll see.....

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So why doesn't someone email someone at Alienware and ask them why thier "contest" writing matches the writing on a supposed drone photo?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Looks like a damn close match to me, even as far as the "CARET" docs content serving as a backdrop for New York. I don't really see how anyone can say otherwise.

Nice find. Maybe this will bring closure to the whole drone saga.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Because I'm only mildly interested. Your fingers broke? Must be nice to go through life expecting other people to do what you want them to...sheesh

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Viral, totally viral. Oh, the "meme" folks are going to hate this, but I'd never gloat and say "I told you so."

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is a portion of my reply email images after subscribing for the updates..

Edit to say to 3rdeye, good job! Patience truly is a virtue....

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

Roswell has been debunked... its all Alienware
lol

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
SPOILER ALERT: For fun I figured out the message except for 3 characters. The missing 3 are for a product code, and I can't seem to find them. X = don't know

Denials and cover-ups will prove futile only when each and every person can hold the evidence in their hands. Seek out the Area-51 X15X and Area-51 X1XX.

They have a game called Area-51. That might be it, but I couldn't find the product code for the games.

Edit: Area-51 is an old game, that's not it.

[edit on 10/25/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Nope, this is based on the Drones, its just someone else taking the opportunity to cash in on the whole Drone thing.

Its nice that you brought it to our attention but this should have been a post added to the following thread and not a whole new Drone thread wasting space.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am very disappointed to see someone would just be so quick to through out the hundreds of other evidence out there that connect to the drones that have absolutely nothing to do with some stupid little game that AlienWare created that is based on the Drones to make some extra cash.

You cant just through out the baby with the bath water just because one little thing fits with a viral campaign that is BASED on the Drones. The Drones is a very complex subject that has lots of twists and turns and has lots and lots of things that you have to consider.

[edit on 10/25/07 by housegroove23]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
the drones are pretty darn real. One of them was for some reason patrolling around my house for a few nights this past summer... but this one was a lot smaller than the ones in the photos, so I guess the actual drone photos could be an alienware campaign inspired by the real thing. Maybe the alienware execs have connections?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
im tired of hearing the viral thing!! as soon as a company has a picture of THE drone on there page and is actually using it in there ad campaigns ill say its viral. advertising doesnt work without actual product association thats marketing 101.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by housegroove23
Its nice that you brought it to our attention but this should have been a post added to the following thread and not a whole new Drone thread wasting space.

No, this is a brand new angle on the Drones and deserves its own thread. Herein it can be debated, among other things, whether or not Alienware is the originator of the drone hoax.

One thread discusses it as a meme, another discusses the alien language, my own thread discussed a way to retaliate against the hoaxers--there are even separate threads for each group of photos as they emerged. It's important to differentiate this new information from the other, monstrously large threads that have discussed everything under the sun regarding drones.

Note what it says on the first page of the Viral Fantasy thread you suggest this be added to:

"Note: This is not a CGI/not CGI thread. It is specifically to discuss the merits of the “Bennett Meme Theory” as described above."

[edit on 10/25/2007 by yuefo]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
As I said before, that drone may be a hoax, but drones are real. Believe it....or not.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

Or maybe it's joke a joke? and for someone to stick a pen up their nostral, take a pic and put an avator up of it, there needs to be a few more "drones" flying around your house . .lol j/k.

It's all a joke . . seriously.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
ATS was pretty level headed on this and pretty much well knew it was a hoax..if anything we were drawing closer to who than the other forums..oh the language is just like that on the diagrams..which might be something already in open source and free so anyone can use it.
Also..more than one corp can be invoved besides dell..yes..a bunch piggybacking on on one viral..like the cany manufactures and liquor cigarettes do in a movie getting plugged..
This isnt a game its a product..and anything inside the product can popup later..its not a simple virus..its a polymorphic cross species virus..Caret will be the bird flu virus of viral programs.

here is the contest message

[edit on 25-10-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Contest text solved, Sys. See above. (except for 3 pesky characters)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join