It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Wildfires: a distraction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It seems that mainstream media is only reporting on the socal wildfires. I do understand that this is a tragedy for some but not for the majority of the world so why has the MM been reporting only on it for the past three days? Since we are distracted by that (in the U.S.) what are we missing? What else is going on?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So no one else thinks that this may be a distraction? Surely someone has given this some thought.

[edit on 10/24/2007 by stellawayten]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'd have to agree that they do talk about this too much. When ever a disaster hits thats all they talk about. But IDC b/c I have the internet and don't need to rely on the for my news. I'm in the know, if you're not, you're problem.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
How are you in the know?

I don't know about a distraction. How could I be distracted if I was watching the world series? Putting CNN on alone is a distraction.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
OH man, I thought I was the only ONE. I live in SD!

BEfore the fires---------TURKEY CROSSES IRAQ BORDERS

But if you want to go deeper, say maybe extraterrestrial.

San Miguel- the mountain caught on fire.

During the blaze something, like a small meteor went into the mountain(NOt electrical explosion, lasted for a second or two but did go into the mountain). Smoke covered everthing. Spring Valley is home to one of the most witnessed ufo sitings in San Diego.

Deeper...

HOw many people watch the news? Prgramming minds for something worse?

[edit on 25-10-2007 by SKunkyCharms]

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Also, the Senate is debating the DREAM Act (another bill pandering to illegal immigrants in direct conflict with the voice of the American people).

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

top topics

join