It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pentagon and the old meridian...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The old Prime Meridian ran through Washington D.C.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you follow the Meridian down to Cuba nearly and look at Google Earth, there is an underwater perfect pentagon measuring 60km on each side. Is Washington D.C. the Neo-Atlantis?

This has a tie in to this thread since it highlights the significance of Washington D.C.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10/22/2007 by Anubis Kanubis]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Oh, and the distance from one pentagon to the other? 1776km

This is starting to get surreal.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Meridi-what? Seriously, you sound like a lunatic.

------------------------------
2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 22/10/07 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Wow, the meridian is the longitudinal line that separates the Eastern Hemisphere from the West...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
that is incredibly interesting.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hollyjo

Even more interesting... I built the pentagram inside the pentagon with the Google Earth ruler..... 90km sides, exactly.

The one in Washington is an exact 1/200 scale representation of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I just don't see it. I don't even see DC on that picture. Any chance you might be able to highlight the pentagram? I have always been interested in the street layouts in DC, and am interested in this angle of it. Thank you

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cale, Logan

The Northwestern part of the pentagon is Water Cay and Flamingo Cay on the map. Washington D.C. is 1776km away from the image depicted on the thread.

And if you are interested in the street layouts of D.C., you need to see this thread...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but still lost. How about just listing the 5 points/cities that make this symbol up then. I am most interested in this theory and don't mean to sound stupid. I have visited threads about the street layout of DC and have been fascinated by it. Lots o' coincidences.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cale, Logan

The symbol (pentagon) is in the center of the first photo in this thread.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Here is a shot showing the relation to this place and D.C. The ruler measures almost exactly 1776km depending on where you pick the centers.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anubis Kanubis

while i am intrigued (enough to flag) I do have a question that may throw your theory for a loop...

Did we use the metric system in 1776 or the (royal?? can't remember what its called) american system (miles etc)?

If not find the mileage conversion.
Hope I didn't burst your bubble...

edit for P.s. Forgot to mention that I think the pentagon shape is deeper than the shelf... are you thinking it is the ruins of a pentagon? or are you thinking it is an underground/underwater pentagon?

sorry for all the questions

[edit on 10/22/2007 by coven]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Oh! Its the deep water area off the coast of those two islands.. Ok.. gotcha. Interesting find, have no idea how you saw that there! To answer your question, D.C. is the New Atlantis and the New Jerusalem. That pentagon is probably more synchromystic rather than intentionally connected to the one in D.C. Interesting tho.

I wonder if that 1776km line is just one edge of a giant pentagram!? And where the other points would touch...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
I wonder if that 1776km line is just one edge of a giant pentagram!? And where the other points would touch...

Oh god... Too many doors... too many hallways.... Tooooooo many questions running through my brain

***Runs away from thread***

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven
reply to post by Anubis Kanubis

while i am intrigued (enough to flag) I do have a question that may throw your theory for a loop...

Did we use the metric system in 1776 or the (royal?? can't remember what its called) american system (miles etc)?

If not find the mileage conversion.
Hope I didn't burst your bubble...

edit for P.s. Forgot to mention that I think the pentagon shape is deeper than the shelf... are you thinking it is the ruins of a pentagon? or are you thinking it is an underground/underwater pentagon?

sorry for all the questions

[edit on 10/22/2007 by coven]

Many of the significant numbers in D.C. architecture are metric. So yes, I am suggesting the metric system is significant to those who designed all of this.

Your guess is as good as mine as far as how this pentagon was used. Mathematics and logic suggest to me that it isn't natural....

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I watched this video as well. Though when I saw the reference you're refering too, I simply made a mental note. I didn't really understand where it was going or how it related to the video as a whole if there was only speculation to this under water pentagon. It would have been more helpful to investigate further.

Anyway, while we're on the subject, I've always been fascinated with the "scars" that the Earth has underneath it's oceans. Many of these "scars" are trenches. I find it extremely odd that these trenches run in straight lines:

I've highlighted the trench "scars" in yellow. The white trianle is the "Bermuda Triangle." Notice that a couple trenches form an "X" nearly in the center of this. Also, check out the square formation near the north side of the triangle. This is more likely a ridge than a trench, but thought it was notable. Also, the pentagon that you highlight (in green) is just barely with in the triangle's boundries.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I gotta say, it seems like you guys are reaching pretty far here with this one. a Pentagon ? ... looks more like a rigid circle, pentagon is pushing it.

Not saying you're dreaming, im just saying its a stretch. I'll still read up on it a bit.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mortalengine

well, I think it depends on what you're looking at:

If you're looking at the color imaging of the ocean, you'll see a circle:

If you look at the elevational depth, you'll see a pentagon:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here is the map with a pentagon drawn in. Each side of the yellow pentagon is of equal length.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Call me crazy but that looks like a airport or something.

The pentagon is an amazing find. I wonder if that area has ever been excavated or if artifacts have been found around there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join