It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploding Sunbeam? - Cool Photographs - New pics added

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I have been taking random photos because of many sightings. Here is one such photo. I call it "Exploding Sunbeam With Orbs".

I'll leave it to the experts to tell me what it is, because I don't know. I didn't see it when I took the picture.

Peace,
Jim

[edit on 22-10-2007 by jim_ruff]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It's a Norwellian death ray! You haven't noticed any extreme hair loss lately have you? LOL. Those types of artifacts are very common in photography. The exact reasons, I don't know, but I do know very common.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
WOWOW Awesome! Lol i dont know what it is, but as the poster before me i am betting is an anomoly that is common.

Nevertheless, i've never seen such a picture so thanks for the up.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarheadjock
WOWOW Awesome! Lol i dont know what it is, but as the poster before me i am betting is an anomoly that is common.

Nevertheless, i've never seen such a picture so thanks for the up.

Howdy jarheadjock,

Thanks for the post! By the way, this is actually the beginning of a video clip. This thing lasts the whole time. About 2 minutes I think.

peace,
Jim

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Searching organic databanks, computer what is this picture, 'searching' A sunpillar commonly seen in dry atmospheric conditions, norwellian death ray, responsible for billions of follicle loss on Narvus 9 and Cartus 12. A possible CCD overexposure resulting in artifact.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
A possible CCD overexposure resulting in artifact.

Greetings, jpm1602,

Thanks for the information. So, could this overexposure last for 2 minutes? And would it also be responsible for two more short video clips which show basically the same thing?

Peace,
Jim

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Jim, I am not debunking you. I am in a bad mood the Indians got trounced tonite. It is quite a remarkable photograph. I have seen the sun pillar effect countless times on countless webcams. I could be wrong on this. Lord knows I am far from perfect. Please don't take my statements as a personal attack. Stupid Boston. Stupid Boston. I hate Boston.
Peace Ruff

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Howdy jpm,

No No, I wasn't upset at all. I guess with just typing stuff the actual intent may sometimes get lost. I am truly wondering if the "sunpillar' effect could last for 2 minutes, and also for 3 different pictures at slightly different angles.

Anyway, thanks again for your helpful information, jpm. I appreciate it.

peace,
Jim

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Two things strike me as odd about that picture. One, the beam totally blottos out near foliage. Two, the purported two minute plus existence.
I saw once a very cool light beam pic with a hologram of an entity on an airstrip. There is more to the sun and light in general than we know or understand.
Nice shot Jim
Kudos

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Howdy jpm,
Well, I wish I could take credit for being a brilliant photographer, but you have already shown more knowledge in one sentence, referring to the sunpillar effect, than I.

I didn't see the sunpillar, or whatever it is, when I took that picture. I wish I could figure out how to post the movie, it's pretty cool.
Also, the 'orbs' or whatever they are, appear to gently move.

jpm, any knowledge as to how to post a video which is .mov and about 180 mb?

Peace,
jim

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jim_ruff

Here is another photograph, different time and slightly different angle:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Cool photo, very bold lens flare. I saved your second photo and added a few more to it in Photoshop:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
Cool photo, very bold lens flare. I saved your second photo and added a few more to it in Photoshop:

Wow, cool, thanks Evasus! So it's a 'lens flare'? That sounds like it makes sense. That could probably last for 2 minutes, right? Because it's actualy a video which lasts at least that long. Plus 2 more.

Thanks again, nice work.

Peace,
jim

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I agree - looks very much like a lens flare. I've seen a couple like that on other pics. And I too am upset about the tribe - they choked like they did back in 97!! Always at the end they get nervous and freak out!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by shaolin_dragon

Truly sorry about the Tribe, guys. I know how you feel, because I feel the same way about my football team- they always choke at the end.

Getting back to the pic, I sitll have two questions, and since I obviously don't know anything about photography, I need some help from the many experts on this forum. It's just for my own curiousity and knowledge.

1. Could this 'lens flare' last more than 2 minutes? I have 3 videos, and each of them lasts the entire time.
2. Would the lens flare account for the fact that some of the images in there ('orbs') appear to gently move or rotate?

Here is another pic. The 'orb' moves into place at the end of this clip, so you won't see it in this frame. That's the sun at the bottom of what you call a lens flare.

Thanks again!
Peace,
jim

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
To answer your first question, yes it can last for more than two minutes. In fact, it can last for as long as the Sun is in the frame. If the Sun is in the photo, it's shining direct & powerful light through the lens and aperture causing dramatic reflections on each surface of glass it encounters. If the light is strong enough, the reflections can bounce around on multiple surfaces and show up as lots of circles of different brightnesses.

As for the second question, if you move the lens, the flares also move (and they move at the same speed the camera moves). The flares, beams and orbs always point away from the lightsource in the image as well. Photographers generally try to avoid lens flares when possible, but sometimes they're added (or left in) for a dramatic effect. The orginal 'Die Hard' movie has good examples of lens flares and dramatic color tones, especially in the first 10 minutes.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jim_ruff
reply to post by shaolin_dragon

Truly sorry about the Tribe, guys. I know how you feel, because I feel the same way about my football team- they always choke at the end.

Getting back to the pic, I sitll have two questions, and since I obviously don't know anything about photography, I need some help from the many experts on this forum. It's just for my own curiousity and knowledge.

1. Could this 'lens flare' last more than 2 minutes? I have 3 videos, and each of them lasts the entire time.
2. Would the lens flare account for the fact that some of the images in there ('orbs') appear to gently move or rotate?

Here is another pic. The 'orb' moves into place at the end of this clip, so you won't see it in this frame. That's the sun at the bottom of what you call a lens flare.

Thanks again!
Peace,
jim

You wouldn't happen to be a fellow raider fan would you?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiamiHeat323
You wouldn't happen to be a fellow raider fan would you?

Howdy MiamiHeat323,

You wouldn't happen to be psychic, would you? Dang, how did you know that?

Peace,
Jim

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Howdy Evasius,

Nice work - thanks for the info. Sounds like you know a lot about photography. Is there any way to get a 3 minute 169mb video to you to look at?
It shows 3 spheres 'popping in' about 30 seconds apart. I don't know anything which could produce what I am seeing. Just on a thought, I talked to a photographer who told me it was probably dust in the lens, but he didn't see the video on a computer. He saw it on the camera screen, so it's understandable he didn't see what proves it wasn't dust. I think. Not that I know anything about cameras, but this explanation truly seems impossible.

Peace,
Jim

top topics

join