It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your evp experiences??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hello =]

I"ve just started to become interested in EVP or Electronic Voice Phenomena.
For those of you who don't know what this is: EVP

I was wondering if any of you out there have had some experience with this?
and if so could you provide the recorded material?

I'm going to do some investigations into it myself by two means
one would be a handheld recorder that i had bought several years ago
and the other being digital recording done by my computer.

some additional information on this [do's and dont's?] would be nice.

Thanks!

-kt

[edit on 20-10-2007 by KtmdPB]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
i'm just gonna copy and paste what i put in my thread. about two years ago i started to get into the whole paranormal ghost thing, my sister got me into it. i started doing evp's in my house for fun, what i got back was really weird. the questions i asked were:
1: is any one here?
2: if so what is your name
3: did you die here
4: how did you die
now these are the answers
1: nothing
2: aaron or erin
3: a faint yes
4: after a little wait it says one word "stairs"
so i decided to do some research on the internet. i came across one site with a list of all the people that died in my town since it was built. i'm looking around and i see a few names that are aaron. but one i clicked on freaked me out, it was in the 1800's, a young boy named aaron fell down the stairs in the house that i live in and died! so i go next door to tell my friend about what i found. he doesn't believe me so we try to do some evp's in his garage attic. we got one that say's something that sounds like " i will beat you", i showed my sister and she got all freaked out, while we are still in the attic we ask in to give us a sign that it is with us. there is a heavy door in there and it slmed shut, so we book out of there and show my neighbors parents what we found we take his dad up there and ask it to show us a sign again and once again the door slams shut! Now just about a month ago my cup is on the VCR in my room i reach for a drink and the VCR jumps up about 5 inches and my cup spills.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
oh wow!
that is quite....creepy yet amazing.

so far with my little evp experiments i haven't come up with anything
but right now i can't continue
because a sibling of mine is making a lot of noise playing halo 3
and i'm going to wait until they leave.

when you want to ask questions how long do you wait for an answer?

edit to say that as soon as i get any kind of results i will post them [or a link] on here.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by KtmdPB]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
longest you should wait is like a min. tops or you can just go rapid fire with questions and then wait for a while

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
ok thanks

also
is there any specific way of doing it?
like candles, in the dark, after meditation?

or can you just set up the equipment and go?

-k

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
it doesn't have to be in the dark and you deffinately don't need candles. are you just doing this for fun or do you think that there are active spirits in your house

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
no
i'm not doing this for fun
i'm seriously looking into the matter of whether or not recorders can pick up the voices of the dead.

oh
news!
i just did a .....lets go with "session" on my handheld recorder
and what i got back was ....weird but not much.

so i basically asked what you did
1: is anyone here?
2: what's your name?
3: how did you die?

and what i got back was this

1:nothing
2:nothing
3: a very very very faint song was playing in the background
and i hit record again after hearing that and going back to listen to it the same song was playing

weird.

oh and theres only me and my brother in the house and he's not playing music so...??

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
do you live in an apartment building or very close to another house? if so check you vents and windows

[edit on 20-10-2007 by coryblood]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've honestly never actively made an effort to record any instances of EVP, but I do actually have a story to tell, or at least a question to ask, anyway.

Years ago, when home PCs were still fairly new to most homes, my family had one. It was from Gateway, I think, (I don't remember specifically) and I know that it ran on Windows 95. Told you it was a long time ago. xD

So I used to, occasionally, hear a voice from the speakers that I couldn't explain, or, for that matter, understand. It was usually a kind of masculine voice, very quiet, and either its speech was just garbled beyond recognition, or it was speaking a language I couldn't comprehend.

It wasn't any kind of recording, and I didn't talk back, ask questions, or anything like that. It was just a voice that came out of the speakers sometimes. o:

So I'm just curious. Could this be considered some kind of EVP, or is it more likely that it was the computer malfunctioning, or picking up radio signals or whatever, since it was moderately new technology, not completely understood or worked out?

[edit on 20-10-2007 by Aillanna]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
it could be. most people think that EVPs are only on voice recorders but it is an Electronic Voice Phenominon

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well my wife and I used to frequent an abandoned early twentieth century house that was supposedly haunted. After much that happened in the house while we were there we don't doubt that it was haunted. Anyhow, heading out there for one of our visits we stopped at Wal-Mart bought a brand new tape recorder, and a brand new tape. Listened to the tape briefly to make sure there weren't any defects on the tape that would conflict with our results. In other words to make sure we had a good control for our experiment. The house is relatively far from the main road, shrouded in trees. You can't find it unless you know it's there kinda thing. We left the tape recorder on in the house while we went to explore the guest house. During this time we never left the property, so we know that no one else was exploring the main house. Anyhow, on our way to leave we grab the tape recorder, turn it off, and head home. My wife decided to play the tape. The was a good deal of EM distortion on the tape now. On it you could hear two men, presumably upstairs yelling at one another. Most of it was relatively inaudible, but it was obviously two separate voices yelling at one another. There was also crying somewhere near the recorder. Scared the hell out of us.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
if i heard something like that while i was alone i would freak out but then probably go back and try to get more

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aillanna
So I'm just curious. Could this be considered some kind of EVP, or is it more likely that it was the computer malfunctioning, or picking up radio signals or whatever, since it was moderately new technology, not completely understood or worked out?

Probably just a radio transmission or something. I live kind of near the airport and I had a pair of speakers that would pick up the transmission. I couldn't really understand what they were saying but it was a male voice and it had to be that.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
hm
if i were to find a "haunted" house somewhere near me
i'd definitely go and bring my handy-dandy recorder
but i haven't heard of any
and haven't stumbled upon any.
i think i'd have to this old mining town up north.
that should be interesting...

oh and i'm convinced that there are no spirits in my house.
none of my recordings have come up with anything except for the one with the faint song but i'm sure theres some kind of explanation for that.

any other stories you guys would like to share??

-k

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i have too many to post but if you do want to read them just check out my threads.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Guys, how can i get in touch with my recently deceased friend through evp?
What i mean is; What equipment do i need, Where to set it up, Where to find the equipment, Time of day, How to operate it, How to record what i get.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
go to your friends house or where he/she died, any kind of tape recorder will work and just ask and wait then check your tape. as easy as that

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't got a recorder of any kind, does it work if I use my Nintendo DS's mic to record?

editted becuase of a one liner

[edit on 10/22/2007 by Hyzera]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
hard to say. the mic needs to be sensitive. the recording quality needs to be good too though. if it's recording at a low sampling rate then i wouldn't worry about even trying. to get audio that sounds clear to humans it needs to record at at least 44khz, 16-bits. some recorders will do 22 which isn't terrible but it will sound noticeably "fuzzy", and 11khz is just horrid. the "khz" is the number of pieces of sound (samples) it can record per second. the "bits" can be thought of as the accuracy of those samples. for something like this i would stay away from anything that uses compression as it will likely just garble or omit any small variations in sound. the very nature of lossy compression means it has to leave out "insignificant" pieces of data to keep the file size small. a slight variation of background hiss might not get the proper attention from the compression algorithm. =)

short answer: go ahead and try the DS but don't expect great (if any) results. =)

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aillanna

This relates to what is discussed here. When I was younger and was very close with my grandma, both her and I shared a common interest in SCI-FI especially UFOs and Ghosts and such. Well after she passed away nearly 2 years ago, she came back for a visit a few times. This one instance I remember the most. Here's the Story, I hope you enjoy:

Let me set this up for you. I have 2 t.v.s in my bedroom. One of them I never use and the remote is missing. The other one I used. Okay, so here goes.

I was taking a shower simply and when I came into my room, the small un used television was on. So I was thinking thats weird, howd it go on? I was the only one in my room at the time and once again my remote was missing. So I click it off from the panel. So go back to the bathroom and I come in the room again and this time the t.v. is on again and this time I thought, "wow this is weird" and just at the sight of me, the t.v. turned off by itself. It was the weirdest thing I have ever witnessed besides seeing 2 UFOs in my life. I hope you enjoyed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join