It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Military Leader Threatens to Respond to Enemy Attack With Instant Rocket Barrage

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Iranian Military Leader Threatens to Respond to Enemy Attack With Instant Rocket Barrage

www.foxnews.com

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran is capable of firing 11,000 rockets into enemy bases within the first minute after any possible attack, state-run television quoted a top Revolutionary Guards Corps commander as saying Saturday.

Gen. Mahmoud Chaharbaghi, the missile commander of the Guards, said Iran has identified all enemy positions and was prepared to respond in less than a minute to any possible attack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A story from the ever-reliable FOX News website.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Its here too:

english.farsnews.com...

And BBC news24 have just been talking about it,they mentioned ww3 and said that the press have already reported that our Gordon Brown has already privately said he will support Bush in any military action against Iran.
The newsman asked an expert "Can we possibly be heading for another war?"
And the expert replied that many people believe its just around the corner.

The downward spiral is accelerating fast now.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, even during those events, it's very unlikely to start a war in November, isn't it? Even if Bush's end of term is pushing, I don't think there will be any actions. This is more like an answer to Bush's statement yesterday (about the start of WWIII)

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Brad.T

What is with these Iranians? Don't they realize the power they are baiting?
11,000 rockets.
If they hit their targets, remember, these are rockets, not guided missles. And what would a possible response be? Hmmmm, how about a dozen cruise missles with nuke warheads and pinpoint accuracy. Are these people suicidal?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by R.A.Biddog

11,000 rockets you don`t need a nuke - i bet real $$$ that many are aimed at Dimona and anyway - bush has been threatening to destroy the country alot recently.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
To be honest don't kid yourselves on this, these 11,000 rockets are already accounted for and located along with their command and control positions and in all probabilty will be taken out and made useless before the vast majority of them can be launched in the event an attack were to happen. This is just posturing on the Iranian side of things.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Empty boast,

The vast majority of those rockets are short range, unguided rockets. They are not in range to hit much and the ones that can do some damage will be either used or destroyed in the opening hours of any conflict.

That's the trouble with some second world nations, they think they can take on the U.S. in a full out war and rearm like the U.S. can. Iran, if it does this, will have shot it's collective "wad" of Missiles. After that it will be bombed into destruction. Make no mistake about that. The U.S. can, if it wanted to, pound Iran back to a pre industrial age nation. Iran cannot say the same for the U.S. Oil will continue to flow, regardless of how hard Iran tries to disrupt it.

The U.S. has shown it is capable of carrying on almost round the clock attacks for a very extended period of time. It's not a fair fight, most wars aren't. Hell, we bombed Iraq and Afghanistan from Missouri with B-2's.

Their might not be many "winners" in a war between the U.S. and Iran but the people of Iran would surely be "losers". They stand the risk of having major damage done to their country.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by R.A.Biddog

Who's baiting?

Chaharbaghi is quoted as saying he will respond to any attack in this way.

I believe that's called self defence. Or perhaps retaliation. But certainly not baiting.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by RogerT]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

have a couple of Nukes in major US cities
(buy them from the black market or what ever)

if the Iranians are bombed the living daylight out of
return the favor to the cowboys

i mean with the size of the US and its boarder it wouldn't be that much to get a couple in and it would only be fair.

win win for everyone
or is that a lose lose for everyone

edit: spell check

[edit on 21-10-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It seems that they are not calling for ww3 or declaring war on US military bases in Iraq, they are talking about being attacked by an enemy.

And enemy could be anybody that starts a conflict first, including neighboring countries, Israel and the US.

Or people think that Iran will just bend on the knee and handle their country to an invador?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT

Originally posted by R.A.Biddog

Who's baiting?

Chaharbaghi is quoted as saying he will respond to any attack in this way.

I believe that's called self defence. Or perhaps retaliation. But certainly not baiting.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by RogerT]

No.. its neither, its propaganda used by the iranian side. They do not stand a chance, the US would destroy iran. sadly, thats what i think it will come out to.

The US has EMP bombs, now EMP stands for electromagnetic pulse. What this does, is fry equipment that isnt EMP hardened, now i believe that the US military is the only EMP hardened military out there (they US fiber optics). The EMP bomb was first used in GW2 by the US to disable Iraqs communications with its commanders on the ground. Basically Iraq was blind folded and fighting with a knife, against the US who was fighting with a howitzer cannon with a clean field of vision (analogy). This is why you saw so many iraqi military personnel giving up. The US and coalition soldiers, destroyed their will to fight. The same would happen to Iran.

And Let us not forget laser weaponry. I feel this is where the US is extremely advanced through my research, it is my opinion, that they have the means and capabilities to shoot down pretty much any sort of incoming barrage that the iranians could possibly toss at them. I would not be suprised if Reagans "star wars" wasnt up and running right above everyones heads right now. Let us not forget the astronomical black budget of the US military, DARPA etc, that could possibly be used. If you go on youtube.com, type in "star wars in Iraq", it talks about the use of extremely advanced, very much so capable, laser weaponry that was tested on Iraqs conventional as well as civilian populous during the start of the war. Quite an interesting video IMO.

In conclusion, Iran would be destroyed, I equate it to a gazelle taking on a lion. the Gazelle never had a chance.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by West Coast]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Again, you prove my point. Iran manages somewhow to get 2 nukes in, does that destroy the U.S.? No.

The U.S. with it's abilty to absorb even a major hit like 2 A-Bombs decides to let only one of it's 14 Ohio class Subs go to town with a full strike of it's 24 Trident II's, each with 8 MIRV warheads, resulting in the Destruction of 192 Targets in Iran with each receiving a 100 Kilo ton warhead (about 8 times more powerful than Hiroshima). Is Iran even a funcitioning nation after that? I highly doubt it. It's not a pretty picture for Iran anyway you look at it.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Remember I didn't say it was a fair fight. Iran is outgunned, plain and simple.

Let's hope it doesn't ever come to that.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

you didnt read my Reply properly did you?
or quote my entire reply

my quote
just so everyone knows what i am talking about

Originally posted by bodrul

i mean with the size of the US and its boarder it wouldn't be that much to get a couple in and it would only be fair.

win win for everyone
or is that a lose lose for everyone

my response is
the United states has launched an attack on Iran
Iran fires a salvo (what ever amount they have left) at the US and Israel
US carpet bombs Iran (or nukes it ) like most cowboys on here are shouting,

my reply just is how many US majour cities are the cowboys willing to lose and how many thousends/millions of american lives are worth it.

maybe your city will be the lucky one to be nuked? (sorry to add this line, would like to know what your reaction would be knowing you and your family are at risk)

Both ways Iran is a loser
and so will the US be when it comes down to it unless americans have lost the value of human life over the power of the dollor like the arabs have over the last few decades

hopefully this doesnt go to far
enough flood is being spilled

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
No.. its neither, its propaganda used by the iranian side. They do not stand a chance, the US would destroy iran. sadly, thats what i think it will come out to.

I don't doubt this guy's threat and to be honest, it is in response to almost constant threats of War coming from the West. One can hardly put the blame for the imminent conflict on Iran when they have been complying with the IEAE, much more than other states have ever been asked to do, I might add.

The US has EMP bombs, now EMP stands for electromagnetic pulse.

Interesting. Care to enlighten me on such a weapon?

The Soviets had several devices designed and working in the 1950's, but they were not practical for battlefield use. The USA had the same sort of designs in the 60's and 70's.

There is apparently some research in the field and there have been isolated, unconfirmed and, I might add, highly speculative reports of their use.

What this does, is fry equipment that isnt EMP hardened, now i believe that the US military is the only EMP hardened military out there (they US fiber optics).

Not true in the slightest. The Soviets were the first to realise the threat of EMP as they factored in using tactical nuclear weapons as a matter of course in a war with NATO. To this end, they delayed the introduction of modern electronics to their aircraft and weapons systems and stuck with vacuum tubes and thermionic valves for quite a while.

Nowadays, any military worth it's salt has EMP protection. To think only the US has come up with protection against it is rather arrogant. Even the Serb's had protected their communication's and such from any sort of interference and attack by having a substantial fibre optic network.

EDIT: I might add that fibre optics are one thing, but they still need to connect to electronic equipment, which is vunerable.

The EMP bomb was first used in GW2 by the US to disable Iraqs communications with its commanders on the ground. Basically Iraq was blind folded and fighting with a knife, against the US who was fighting with a howitzer cannon with a clean field of vision (analogy). This is why you saw so many iraqi military personnel giving up. The US and coalition soldiers, destroyed their will to fight. The same would happen to Iran.

A rather grandiose assumption their. Basically, your relying on the Iranians to have sat there and done bugger all in preparation for this, when they have had a front row seat on US tactics and weaponry for the past 4 (nearly 5) years.

And Let us not forget laser weaponry. I feel this is where the US is extremely advanced through my research, it is my opinion, that they have the means and capabilities to shoot down pretty much any sort of incoming barrage that the iranians could possibly toss at them. I would not be suprised if Reagans "star wars" wasnt up and running right above everyones heads right now. Let us not forget the astronomical black budget of the US military, DARPA etc, that could possibly be used. If you go on youtube.com, type in "star wars in Iraq", it talks about the use of extremely advanced, very much so capable, laser weaponry that was tested on Iraqs conventional as well as civilian populous during the start of the war. Quite an interesting video IMO.

Care to provide some links and evidence of US laser weaponry? Last I heard, most, if not all, the laser weaponry programmes were shelved.

In conclusion, Iran would be destroyed, I equate it to a gazelle taking on a lion. the Gazelle never had a chance.

Iran's chances don't look good, granted, but underestimating the enemy is a fatal flaw.

Iran is not Iraq. Iran is currently more advanced both technologically and tactically than the Serbians, and we all know how well we kicked their arse....

[edit on 21/10/07 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I did read you whole reply, I try not to overquote as I get rapped on the knuckles for it.

Yes U.S. 2 cities hit by nukes would be horrible, but the U.S. would survive it. Iran would not survive the response from a fraction of the U.S. nuclear force. Is there a winner, perhaps not, but Iran is certainly the loser of this battle. The question is: why would they do that?, knowing full well the reprecussions to Iran should they go that route.

I agree, lets hope it doesn't come to it, but Iran's leaders need to face the reality of their decisions. Iran cannot win a full blown military confrontation with the U.S., it's just not going to happen barring full military intervention from Russia or China. It isn't pretty for them, any way you look at it.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
why hit cities? to do maximum damage you hit operating nuclear reactors. the fallout would make chernobyl look like disney land.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What threat? They are saying what they can do to defend themselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Iran will need to depend on a C3 system to get these 11,000 rockets to fire at once. This C3 system will be one of the first things taken out during a conflict with a resourceful enemy, and there are a few in that area.

So understanding that Iran's C3 will be taken out what will Iran do? The same thing that Saddam did, sit and watch his military get destroyed.

Iran wouldn't last long as a member on ATS since they would violate the T&C with all these lies. Using a number like 11,000 is to draw attention and look like a tough guy, that's if 11,000 is a true number to begin with.

abcnews.go.com...
Now if Iran plans on using insurgents, shown in this link, then there is a problem that will cause many more deaths that need not happen. Hopefully these insurgents will understand that helping Iran isn't a good idea and they should help the people they are shooting at.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by R.A.Biddog

no they are not suicidal i think those missiles will do alot of damage to your lovely army which will face a humiliating defeat i hate war but if it happens my support will be with the iranians i think the americans have caused enough trouble

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join