It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle East peace envoy Blair launches attack on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Warning!! before viewing the pictures, please make sure you have a bucket close at hand.

www.dailymail.co.uk... Full Article.

Tony Blair today compared the threat of Muslim extremism to the rise of fascism and warned that Britain must not waver in its fight against terrorists.

The former prime minister also criticised 'some of our own circles' for arguing that the West had provoked Islamist groups to commit terror acts.

What can you say about Blair. I think those pictures say it all. He is still completely delusional and dangerous. I just find everything in this artcile, especially the words of Blair and Cardinal Edward Egan truly sickening and hypocritical. All actions have consequences, unless of course you happen to live in Blair's deluded world, where he can do no wrong.

Cardinal Edward Egan called Mr Blair a "great and effective warrior" and said: "You lifted our hearts and reminded us how powerful real eloquence can be."

How can a man who is supposed to represent peace and harmony praise a man and his cause, especially when that cause has brought nothing but lies, deception, death and destruction to so many. These people in the highest echelons of power truly belong in the gutter and their only goal in life is to bring all of humanity down to their level.

After ten years of this moron. I was relieved to see the back of him. Unfortunately it now looks as though he is being lined up to become the EU President. A non democratic constitution nobody wants or even voted for. God help us all.

[edit on 20-10-2007 by kindred]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Firstly, a Christian Cardinal is obviously going to agree with fighting another religion, I'm surprised the Pope hasn't called for a crusade.

As for Tony, no one likes him and he knows it, he's staying o Bush's good side so he can stay in politics, because he's finished in the UK. Bush and friends are doing their best to get everyone to hate Iran, and it's working.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

"After ten years of this moron. I was relieved to see the back of him. Unfortunately it now looks as though he is being lined up to become the EU President. A non democratic constitution nobody wants or even voted for. God help us all."

First class observation Kindred,have a star!

Its disgusting what is happening..we don't get a referendum because they changed the name from "constitution" to "treaty".
Slimey,lying backstabbing,corporate elitist bar stewards.

And ol' Phoney Tony up to his usual far right propaganda...
Ain't it just great?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yes Nexus I agree that they are trying to get everyone to hate Iran, but it's mainly just the politicians who have bought into Bush's propaganda. I think most people can see through their lies, but just feel powerless to do anything, simply because our politicians have sold us all out. Not just about the Iranian issue but also by handing our sovereignty over to the EU which as synapse mentioned, is an absolute disgrace. The EU is certainly no democracy.

Some further info for those who are not sure how the EU operates.
Our sovereignty will soon be handled by a Council of Ministers. This is the European Union’s most powerful decision-making body. It is made up of the foreign ministers of member states. Other ministers from member states may have an input in topics relevant to their expertise.

The policies discussed and eventually decided on by the Council are largely developed by non-elected civil servants in member states and by the non-elected Commission. This has led to many complaints about how this system works in that 320 million people have decisions taken for them by elected ministers but these ministers discuss policies created by non-elected civil servants.

I think it's crazy that we are allowing policies to be created by unelected civil servants who nobody even knows or voted for. Just who are these civil servants ? I also think the voting system is completely unfair as countries with the biggest populations get the most votes. Currently Germany has the largest population, so will therefore have the most votes or is currently seeking to have the most votes. Surely all countries should have the same amount of votes regardless of how big their populations are. Whatever happened to equality and fairness.

www.historylearningsite.co.uk...
www.iht.com... More power for Germany.
www.timesonline.co.uk... Poles demand more EU votes to compensate for war deaths

euobserver.com... New EU treaty must be put to referendums
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Those Poles certainly make a good point in regards to Germany.

What do I think about the The EU constitution - I didn't vote for it, therefore I dont recognise it's authority and never will.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Nexus

nothing christian about catholicism mate. their own statutes and doctrines say that the pope's word is more important that the bible's.

Total Onslaught - A Woman Rides the Beast

“The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God. and the vicar of God.”
Ferraris Ecclesiastical dictionary

"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary.

interesting that Ferraris' first name was Lucius.

just like to set that straight.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hi all,

Just read the article and have one points, this is to do with the criticism on the rise of fascism by Mr Blair.

This criticism is coming from a man who implemented a surveillance society in the UK and also used the Parliamentary Act more times when Prime Minister than it had ever been used in its history to force through legislation the House of Lords and House of Commons voted against. If this is not boardering on dictatorial behaviour I do not know what is?

Also this is a man who appointed his un-elected sucessor Gordon Brown to Prime Minister. Mr Brown, Mr Blair's sucessor is in the process of selling the UK out to the EU, without a referendum. The referendum on whether to join the EU was a major political point in the last General Election.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I totally agree djaybeetoo, but when are the British people going to wake up and see what's really going. When are we going to stand up and fight back. That's if anybody even cares anymore. Most people these days are just happy enough to sit on the sofa in front of the TV watching reality TV shows like, big brother & pop Idol. It seems that most people have now been conditioned into believing that a surveillance society is cool & privacy is not. What it will take to wake everyone up is beyond me. Maybe it's too late.
It's truly scary where our governments and all this technology is taking us. The future is looking quite bleak. That's for sure.

I think Ben Elton sums it up best:

Ben Elton
"Well I wouldn't deny that at all, I'm an enormous admirer of George Orwell, he was one of the greatest writers of the 20th century. And in 1984 he really wrote the book about writing dystopian visions of the future and I can't deny at all that I'm influenced by it in Blind Faith.

"The difference is that my Big Brother isn't the famous Orwellian figure, the wicked oligarch. My Big Brother is us!

"We're all watching each other, it's almost as if we've volunteered to give up the very freedom that Orwell was writing to defend.

"The terror he has in 1984 is that we might live in a world where there are television cameras and television screens in our private lives constantly and of course this is something we pay for at the computer shop.

"And I certainly am writing a book which is an extension of where we are now, which is a CCTV camera on every corner and then we get home and we have our MySpace cameras going.

"We're broadcasting and uploading our videos onto YouTube and then we're watching Big Brother television where people talk about themselves and display as much of their bodies as they possibly can.

"We're living in a world where privacy is previously in a minority sport."

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with what Blair is saying, the majority of it is true. Britain's culture is slowly deteriorating as Islamic militants make way into their country and do as they please. They don't care about the laws or culture of Britain, their prime interest is to get Britain to compromise with their Islamic extremism, and the more numbers that have the more likely it will happen. So hats off to Blair for bringing this issue out into the open.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If you honestly believe Blair is even capable of being truthful. Then you are truly naive and gullible. Who do you think it is that allowed these illegal immigrants & muslims into this country in the first place. Who do you think is responsible for keeping them here when they do commit crimes. After all we can't deport these extremists as it would be against their human rights. It was Tony Blair who amended the human rights bill by the way. It's Blair, Brown, New Labour and the EU who are destroying this country.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yeehah at last now we have two Prime Ministers. Gordon to hold the fort and keep an eye on George to make sure he doesn't go mental, meanwhile Tony's getting a tan and picking fights with Arabs.

top topics

join