It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could fear from people alter events that might occur on December 21, 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Couldn’t the fear from people knowing that the Mayan calendar ends on December 21, 2012 make a disaster happen?

There have been studies with people all around the world where they have these people think good thoughts and see if the crime rate goes down for that particular day. I have been trying to search the Internet for websites and articles relating to this kind of research and I am not getting very far.

At any rate, would the thoughts of thousands or even millions of people around the world have some effect on what happens on December 21, 2012? There are a mass amount of people on this message board and we alone are into the thousands. If just we alone are afraid of what might happen on this day wouldn’t that have a negative effect?

I am asking what can be done about this. Would it be possible to start now and gather as many people as possible to think positive thoughts for that day? Would that even make a difference?

Does anyone have any links to this kind of thought control? I don’t think that is what it is called because those searches did not yield what I am looking for.

This is something that I have been thinking about for awhile now and wanted to get some input from everyone here on this subject.

I think it is a real possibility, do you?

Wiki source for Mayan Calendar

Research into why Mayans end of calendar

To the Mods: if this post is in the wrong spot then please move it to the right place. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I searched all evening and finally found what it is called:

Thought-induced Cognitive Change

What if something like that happens on December 21, 2012? I believe that it is possible. Has anyone here studied thought-induced cognitive change?

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
possibly.. i personaly am looking forward to this date. the dawn of a new level of existance. exciting! (considering what we are today)

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
There was a thread regarding 2012 and they Mayan Calendar in which a poster made a comment that I couldn't agree with more.

He/she stated that just because the Mayan Calendar ends in 2012, doesn't mean that the world is ending then or that anything will happen then. Perhaps the calendar's creators felt that they didn't need to go farther with it.

Our calendar ends December 31 every year but, there's no one freaking out about that because we understand that it's just the end date for our calendar and not the world.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
My money is on absolutely NOTHING happening on Dec. 12th, 2012. Just like how nothing happened on every other supposed end-date in human history.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'm looking forward to December 21 2012 because it will be four days to Christmas.

Yep, when the current cycle of the Mayan calendar ends-the next one begins. Its the way they set it up. It has no meaning outside of that - unless you think the world began when the present cycle started?

Sheeesh and double LOL

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
@Monger: The problem is your money is not anything worth anymore when we go from 3D to 4D in 2012

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zephyrs
Our calendar ends December 31 every year but, there's no one freaking out about that because we understand that it's just the end date for our calendar and not the world.

Aye but we shoot off ground to air artillery to keep the aliens away on the 31st.

Or something.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
First and foremost, let's consider the reality that nothing out of the ordinary is going to happen on December 21, 2012. Don't worry, i'll tell you why.

The Mayans were advanced for their time. The Mayans designed their calendar around the phases of the Moon for agriculture purposes. It just so happens that the Moon follows the same fundamental mathematical path as many cosmic bodies. The Mayans did not have some deep understanding of the stars. They learned a lot based on their observations, but had no way of knowing anything that couldn't be witnessed and measured by the naked eye.

The Mayan Long Count Calendar is segmented, separated into larger and larger chunks of time. The final segment of this calendar concludes on December 21, 2012. It's not strange that this is the winter solstice, because since it was based on Moon phases, the end should begin on the solstice. It just makes logical sense.

When this final segments concludes, what happens? The calendar starts again at the beginning. Nothing magical occurs, and nothing special, since, at the end of the day, a calendar is nothing but a human invention.

Even so, the idea of groups of people thinking positive thoughts to ward off an impending doom is interesting and could be applied in other situations as well. Research has shown that consciousness interacts with physical reality in small traces. If droves of people meditated simultaneously on a single event or purpose, i believe it's entirely possible that we could change an event.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I think of 'thought-induced Cognitive Change' as possible, to an extent.

Recently wasn't there a collective happening that went on, where this was tried out with people locally(In California?) that promoted this to others across the world?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Well, it could but it won't. I mean there are about 100,000 people on ATS. Not many people even know what the Mayan calender is, not many know it is coming to an end. People are more fearing wars, and the stock market.
Anything could be a possibility.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
I think of 'thought-induced Cognitive Change' as possible, to an extent.

Recently wasn't there a collective happening that went on, where this was tried out with people locally(In California?) that promoted this to others across the world?

I'm certain it works but in this case it appears to be a negative reinforcement considering the growing collective hysteria related to this 2012 thing. All based on stone carvings and attempts to find correlations that most likely don't exist. Throw in a bunch of fantatic would-be prophets and a throng of followers and you have the recipe for trouble along the lines of Jonestown, Waco and that group that decided to catch a ride on the spaceship hiding behind the comet some years back

I say live your life as if you never heard all this conjecture and treasure every day. The path will be clearer once you get to it

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
My money is on absolutely NOTHING happening on Dec. 12th, 2012. Just like how nothing happened on every other supposed end-date in human history.

This is what I am hoping for as well. But not everyone is thinking like this. Alot of people think that something terrible will happen, there is a 50-50 chance that they are right also.

Originally posted by Hanslune
unless you think the world began when the present cycle started?

No, I think the world began when God said let there be light

Originally posted by merka
Aye but we shoot off ground to air artillery to keep the aliens away on the 31st.

Or something.

Wow... funny you would say that:

Here is the source link to a video of a UFO getting shot at by a government from Earth.

Originally posted by The Cyfre
First and foremost, let's consider the reality that nothing out of the ordinary is going to happen on December 21, 2012. Don't worry

I just hope you are right. I find myself wondering alot if I should prepare or not just in case something bad happens.

Originally posted by dreamingawake

I thought the same thing but I could not find any links on the Internet regarding this study.

Originally posted by Equinox99
People are more fearing wars, and the stock market.

I don't think the Mayan calendar or the writings state that the end of the world is going to be a natural event. It could be from nuclear warfare. Or am I wrong on this? There is so much out there on this so I could have missed it.

Originally posted by Pilgrum

Throw in a bunch of fantatic would-be prophets and a throng of followers and you have the recipe for trouble along the lines of Jonestown, Waco and that group that decided to catch a ride on the spaceship hiding behind the comet some years back

This is exactly true, there will be people out there whose tensions will run very high that day. Will that have any kind of effect on this planet?

[edit on 10/21/2007 by Stari]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop
@Monger: The problem is your money is not anything worth anymore when we go from 3D to 4D in 2012

Haha, true enough!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Not enough people in the world actually know about the Mayan calender and its end date for the collective consciousness to actually be affected.

If everyone in the world was told that 2012 is the year that the Mayan calender ends, along with substantial information on what that means, then yes I do think something affected by mankind would take place.

As for what will or will not take place on 2012, who knows. Chances are nothing.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Does anyone have a link to any study that was done on this? I'm interested in see'ing how many people was used in the study and if it made any changes.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
We are already seeing evidence of '2012' groups forming and if the more radical of these form heavily armed enclaves to exclude outsiders there will definitely be trouble but only in the form of localised skirmishes with authorities with potentially tragic outcomes. For the majority of earth's people the media coverage of these events would be their introduction to the '2012' thing but it's not likely to sweep up hordes of new followers on a global scale.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop

That's why I would gladly take your money now. It'll be worthless in a few years so why not give it to me now to avoid the rush

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It will most probably be a non evidence like 2k. If anything happens that day it won't be associated with the Mayans-who probably won't even notice.

The really bad part is that for five more years we'll have to listen to escalating nonsense on this subject!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
The really bad part is that for five more years we'll have to listen to escalating nonsense on this subject!

Yep, that is my point exactly. The next 5 years the fears are only going to escalate and could produce highten fear in people.

Please correct me if I am wrong but our brains are made up of electrical charges running through them, right? I'm not a doctor so I could be wrong with this or maybe the wording of this. Anyhow this planet has a magnetical field so wouldn't that effect the electrical field if alot of people where hyped up about something?

I thought I read somewhere that something happend on 911 after the attack of the USA and some people thought it was because of the way people where scared and upset... Does anyone remember hearing anything like that?

new topics

top topics

join