It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vets Rant. Say Thank You.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

My only question is where is it that people live where vets and guys in uniform are scowled at and receive nasty glances and ridicule?

Boulder, CO........... I'm not even allowed to wear my uniform there when I need to go there for work! What do you expect from a city that wants to ban public smoking, and legalize marijuana

I did want to share a quick story. I was at a going away party for a friend that is separating from the Air Force. There were about 30 people at a restaraunt, to send them off the way we always do, and when it was time for us all to pay our bills, we were informed that our tab was taken care of! Everyone was a bit shocked because it was probably a $400 bill. The couple that payed it wanted to remain anonomous, but we found out who did it and gave them patches from our uniforms and squadron coins.

It was another great day to serve.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
First of all my prayers to your co-worker and her son. I will pray for a speedy recovery and peace and healing for all.

I'm a vet and yes I've received those nasty glances somehow implying that I'm not good enough. I ignore them. Last year my little brother who is currently serving another tour in Iraq witnessed a demonstration against the war and as we all know those tend to turn against the soldiers as if they are to blame. He was angry but as he said if it weren't for the military and all who have served those people wouldn't have the right to do as they please. He said something to the effect that he gave them the right to be stupid. Lot of truth to what he said. While I was pregnant with my daughter in a Hawaii I was in my whites and stopped at a store en-route to the hospital; there was a group demonstrating for abortion; ok fine their right; one woman came up to me and started screaming I was a baby killer. Hmmmm let's see I'm 7 months along never fired a shot in anger; she's promoting abortions and I"M the baby killer? Anyone else see the irony?

To all vets and current members of the armed forces come on down to the Backstage Bistro on Oct 28 and we'll raise a glass during the fund raiser for vets in this area. It's a 12.00 admission which gets you two drinks and all the snacks you can eat and you can watch the silent auction. It'll be a good time raising money for a worthy cause.

Semper and lombozo I'll gladly stand on the front lines with you two anytime.

Dr. Love don't worry we'll stand firm between you and any who would harm you we've been doing it anyway.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Saying thank you in my own little way...

While at work last night, a young man came into the store, wanting to buy cigarettes. He looked so very young, I automatically carded him, he hauls out his military ID, LCpl in the USMC, so very, very young. Geeze...

So I bought them for him, and said thanks. He was old enough, just so young looking. I got a big grin and a thank you. He is on his way to Afghanistan next month having just returned from additional training of some sort. We chatted for about ten minutes. What a great kid, a true credit to his uniform and his nation.

I've never served in the military, but I'll be there with you, too, Lombozo.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by seagull]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Very cool post. Looks like they're be alot of us on that street.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

you ARE a very special person and i'm glad to know you and to know you have a good heart. That's what i look for in people, a good heart.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
What a great thread!!!!!

To all service men current and former, THANK YOU !

Regardless of a persons opinion of the war we are currently engaged in, every American should show respect to any service man that is willing to put his life on the line to defend the people of our country.

Thankfully, I can say I have not witnessed anything that could be interpreted as disrespect toward any member of the armed services around here.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I love seeing this kind of thing around here, it really makes me feel great inside. I wish more people felt this way about our active military and veterans.

Every time I go anywhere, whether I'm at the grocery or going to see a movie, and I see someone in uniform, I stop and shake their hand and tell them thank you. Most often I don't even stop to talk; just a handshake and a thank you. I know they appreciate it, and it's the least I can do.

And yes, the streets will be full my friend. I don't serve, but if my country asks me or needs me to; I'll be right there in a heartbeat.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan

Boulder, CO...........

I'm just up the road from you

I have not served but you all can count on me to be standing on the front lines with our great men and women in the armed forces!

Kinda funny when you see the paparazzi chasing around movie starts when they should be trying to get photos of real heroes.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Well, since my post got caught for being too short, maybe if I add this at the beginning it will take.

Thank You!!

Jasn

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join