It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you naked? If not; why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i'm not naked, i'm half prepared to go out with some friends so i'm just wearing pants until i'm about to leave because i haven't bothered to grab a shirt or socks

though i enjoy being naked...
as the Venn Diagram shows

[edit on 10/20/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

And Shoes? Do you favor sneekers? Not me!!!

Do you dress, trying to convey a particular image?

In case you are wondering why I am asking these questions; I am involved in a small but important part of the fashion industry and my SO is an importer of clothes from Korea.

I favor sneakers. I have about forty pairs...mostly vintage running shoes. I would wear sneakers to work if I could get away with it...but they do look odd with a suit.

I don "try" to convey an image...but, I always end up with an image of excessive coolness....I just can't help it....

Can your SO get any cool sneakers from Korea?? I'm a size 9.5

Back to the topic of nudity....I am naked when I shower or bathe and when the wife and I play bumpy rolly....and ocassionally I will walk around the house in the buff but don't make a habit of it.... my body isn't what it once was and we have this full length mirror at the end of the hall that the wife had to have...and well it isn't a very good image I see in it....

[edit on 20-10-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i have to wear clothes when i am not showering dammit
i even make myself sick

my neighbours blackened my windows from the outside

tee-shirt/sweatshirt and jeans and the first ones i pull out in the morning
i hate suits.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

I don "try" to convey an image...but, I always end up with an image of excessive coolness....I just can't help it....[edit on 20-10-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

I too am quite cool; nude or fully attired I can hear the whispers behind my back. "Oh my God, did you see that dude, now that MF is cool"

E_B, I'm thinking there must be a genetic component to "excessive coolness" for you see my stepfather was excessively cool so he must have passed on his coolness jeans to me.

My mother on the other hand was not cool. So are we to conclude that the coolness jean is passed down patrilinealy? I think we must!!

Would you consider wearing a pair of snakeskin cowboy boots and nothing else "cool"? I think we must!!!

In your case E_B, I think it would be permissible for you to wear the sneakers of your choice.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
You are on to something whaaa...my dad was also excessively cool and my mom was not the least bit. In fact, she was down right cold!

Regarding the foot attire, how about snakeskin sneakers?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Right now i am in joggers and a hoddie.

I have a very weird style but normal sometimes as well.

Last night i wore my green dress-top, black skirt, black tights and pink high heels...

Pink necklace, an alice band AND my fav fingerless gloves... which DJDOHBOY brought me for my birthday, pink and black.

But sometimes i love nothing more than sitting back on a Sunday in me starkers with the heating on watching my evening soaps.

Thats why i am not naked..... yet!

Oni x x

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thanks oni x x, for the gentle yet tasteful titillation. And you sound very cute I might add, Stylish yet bold and eclectic.

I on the other hand have no choice in my attire today.
As an extra on the set of "Hamlet 2" I have been requested to dress
like an conservative, middle class theater patron.

This "extra" deal is very new for me but so far is a lot of fun,
mainly hanging out with other egomaniacs that want to see themselves
on the big screen.

On my last film, wardrobe dressed me like an Englishman complete with paper and umbrella. "The Spirit" to be released sometime next year.

In my next upcoming extra gig, "Game" we have been asked if we would mind nudity. They must be kidding, right. There are many extra starlet wannabes around. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to this job!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
As nature intended..... errr... No!

My sole form of transport is my motorcycle and as I use it daily for commuting, shopping, leisure, etc. My wardrobe consists mainly of leather apparel - boots, trousers, jacket, gloves all in black.
I have textile motorcycle apparel for wet weather wear.
I hate denim with a passion probabley because I spent my youth wearing little else.
I am not a fashion victim and mainly adhere to neutral coloured chinos, socks, and fleeces. I own one suit which sees daylight whenever the occassion demands it. I also have a massive collection of T-shirts.
My dislikes are waistcoats, boxer shorts (now there's an impracticle form of male underwear) polo shirts, wool garments and training shoes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dress smart to look the part ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by anglosaxon

Uh oh...AD is in trouble. Motorcycles, black leather...OH BOY!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Today I'm all bundled up in polar fleece as I have a terrible cold.

Hot green tea, and Halls should do the trick in about another day.

Thank the good Lord for ATS! Keeps my mind for concentrating on how miserable I feel.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Everyone seems to be getting sick.Stomach virus going around here.
Sucks.
Get better soon.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Naked? Gee, I'm only naked when I don't have any clothes on.

At home I always on a shirt (t-shirts, if I'm not going anywhere). Since we now live closer to my wife's friends I usually ware jeans to keep civil. If I know no company is expected I have on boxers or long johns depending on the weather.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thank the good Lord for ATS! Keeps my mind for concentrating on how miserable I feel.

You kill me sometimes.....ATS helps you keep your mind on how miserable you feel? My wife just got over a nasty cold...she missed a day and a half of work and for her, that is most unusual. She has to be practically on her death bed to miss work.....

Whaaa, anything I can do to add to your misery?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Yeah I tend to be naked when I take a shower. The clothes just get in the way when I try to lather up. I am not naked because my code of conduct at work states that we need to wear clothes.

I dont try to portray any image at all with my attire. I have to look business casual at work, but when I leave, gimme a t-shirt, crappy shorts and some ghetto sandals and I am good to go. I have nothing to prove to anyone by what I wear. What aggrivates me the most is having to deal with these ad agency types who come to meetings thinking that I give 2 poops what label they are wearing. Oh people, lets leave the vanity at the door with your overinflated ego.

My lovely lady doesnt like my style though. She has to dress to impress. Oh well....

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Whaaa, anything I can do to add to your misery?

Thanks for the kind offer E_B, but thru diligence and hard work I have been able to keep myself miserable all by myself.

In case anybodys interested; I got sick on the set of "Hamlet 2" dressed as a middle class American.

The latest extra role I has was as a man in the bathroom taking a p. on the set of "Breaking Bad" a TV series that probably will never be released.
It is truly astonishing how much money they spend on poorly written, conceived and executed projects.

I'm working like crazy to get some speaking roles and quit this extra/standin BS.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

In case anybodys interested; I got sick on the set of "Hamlet 2" dressed as a middle class American.

Wait....it sounds like you got sick because you were dressed as a middle class American.....do I have this correct? Do you have something against miccle class America, Mr. ACTOR DUDE??

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Let me just add that I have no idea what miccle class is...

Thank you!!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Be that as it may..........

I think if all miccle class people would run around naked; the world would be a much better place. Except when the thermometer drops below, say 70. then a light wrap should do.

E_B, myself and the "queen of pain" are really just using this extra/standin deal to try and springboard into the movie industry as wardrobe, grip, production assistant people.

And to stick with the theme I so appropriately started with this thread:
I'm wearing...
a pair of kakie trousers
a polar fleece pull over
a hat that says Abe's Motel on the front
my stocking feet

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

E_B, myself and the "queen of pain" are really just using this extra/standin deal to try and springboard into the movie industry as wardrobe, grip, production assistant people.

And to stick with the theme I so appropriately started with this thread:
I'm wearing...

Grip? What exactly does a grip grip? As a grip, do you grip yourself? Do you grip someone else? Or, do you grip an inanimate (sp?) object (not nearly as fun)??

I am wearing:

An extremely cool pair of Puma soccer shoes (white with black stripe and logo and orange at the opening).....very sweet sneakers....
Jeans - Eddie Bauer I believe...
San Francisco long sleeved white t-shirt with black lettering
Sedona, AZ cap (I almost always have a cap on if I' not working....I'm a cap guy)

Then there's the minor essentials: watch, underwear, socks, diamond stud earing (left ear), around the neck a gold cross and a crystal, Kunzite, which among other things is supposed to keep obstacles from effecting my life or shakra or chi or whatever.....they are on the same chain!, oh yes and the wedding band (I love my wife!!)

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Hummm, a gold cross and a crystal, interesting combination.
I find men that wear alot of jewelry kinda funny.
E_B im not saying you wear to much jewelry as we all know you are a paragon of taste and style.

But you know all the rappa/gansta fellows with masses of chains and medallions and huge rings and teeth with inlayed stones. Maybe it's just me but that seems a tad over done. Down at one of our local pueblos I see young native Americans dressed in the ghetto style. Something about beautiful adobe homes and rap and city fashion juxtaposed with traditional Indian attire and culture; I guess it shows the power of the media. I always thought that Marshal McLuhan was full of beans but apparently not.

I wish more ladies would respond and tell us what they are or are not wearing. Strictly from a fashion perspective, you understand.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join