It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man exploring French Catacombs attacked and dragged of by someone/something.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
i realy dont bilieve it , how you human rase just ignore all the massages you are getting from the other world that the evil is exsist and you just want to face it and challange it without any protection, u need to seek protection befor u put your foot in such places, it is places where some demonds find thier rest as they musst follow the low of the three dimension , so if u violate thier dimension u will suffer many different things , u need protections and knowledge,God already explained that to humans but most of the humans are blind and playing games with the unseen world and ignor God
for any free help or edvice please contact me
[email protected]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
aPLZ FIND
hey, im looking for the link on the video with the man dropping his camera?
ive been trying to find it all over the internet but i cant..anyone have any ideas?
xxxx

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It was that show about the OSI Office of Scientific Investigations that Dan Akroyd used to host. I remember the episode. The catecombs led to a genetic research facility. The creature was half human and half alligator.

I used to watch that show. It was pretty good but a bit cheesy. That particular show was just a tv show like the x-files.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ellroy
ok, let me be the fourth

i could buy this. and it doesn't have to do with anything paranormal. he might have just scared himself. imagine; you're exploring the spooky catacombs, your vision is narrowed since there is no light source under there AND you're 'blind' on one eye since you're holding a camera. so imagine, you rattle some bones by accident and something starts crushing behind you. i think some people need less to get scared.

or, like MajorMalfunction said, maybe he run into someone else.

good find

He wouldn't really have to even bump anything. Most people who get in there nowadays slip in illegally on some side entrance that had been recently discovered.

If he went in by himself, which it seems he did, he might have just simply gotten lost and freaked out about it. Seriously, getting lost in there is pretty much a death sentence, and not a pleasant one by any means. His running around aimlessly didn't help his chances either.

Death by thirst/starvation in absolute darkness isn't a very attractive way to go.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There is in fact information regarding the man in the video. There are actually a group of people still trying to find out just who this guy was, but it is still unknown. They have leads though.

I doubt that they will find out who this guy is, but if anyone wants to know more about the group, I'll post up a link soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Here is a url about the catacombs that shows some of the original footage from the mystery tape.

video.aol.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by xlc sil3nce

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction

It just feels Blair Witchy to me somehow.

Exactly my first opinion when I heard of and then saw the video. Personally, I think it was a fake. I mean, why would the guy drop the camera rather than continue on with it. However, it was interesting and I would recommend watching both videos.

Good Find

I thought the exact same thing too. Wouldn't be surprised if its viral marketing and a movie springs up.

[edit on 10/5/2008 by no_pulse]

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

a the man in the video that was in the catacombs with the recorder wasnt dragged off he let go of the camera and in the dim view you can see him running off thats a fact he wasnt dragged he ran you see his feet runnin and water splashing under his feet ,,,and the french explorers say that but i dont get it because in the video they go looking for the "missing man" in the catacombs but dont even kno where he was at wen he dropped the camcorder so how did they find it in the first place,,know what im sayn,,,i kno i saw the video on youtube it was on a show called sariest places on earth but now its not on their must of deleted it or sumtin,,yeah jus saw it and thought id inform ya alreadyy

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I believe I have seen this episode or one which was similar to it. I watched a show called "The Scariest Places on Earth" which is a show hosted by Linda Blair which used to be on TBS but I have seen re runs of some episodes on late night Sci Fi Channel. A small group of people got permission from French authorities (I'm assuming) to go down into some of the deepest areas of the Catacombs. Prior to them going down, they showed the video which was found by a different person who went down there. On the video I saw, it showed a man walking slowly through the Catacombs, he is holding the camera so he is filming from his perspective of what he's seeing down there. All of a sudden you notice he begins to pick up his pace. His slow walk becomes a swifter pace, to the point where he actually begins running and drops the camera. All you see after the camera is dropped is the running feet of the camera man until they disappear. They never discovered who the man was or didn't find any other proof anyone had disappeared down there, which was kinda what the group from the show was attempting to do. But they said even if he did get lost in the Catacombs they go down so far, there are so many different tunnels, it's easy to get lost. And since it is or was once filled with human remains, it would be next to impossible to find one specific person down there. Creepy.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Actually the possiblility of someone getting lost, or even injured in the catacombs is very much possible. While the police force that guards over the catacombs has an extensive knowledge of the tunnels and does an excellent job at patrolling the area designated for 'tourists', their are many other ways to access tunnels outside of this area, and countless tunnels that can allow one to slip past their notics. The cataphiles themselves are an elusive group of spelunkers who spend weeks at a time exploring these tunnels and caves and easily bypass the police (interestingly enough they have been known to use smoke bombs to escape police notice, and some have enough knowledge of the tunnels to escape down dark tunnels with no light source) So I can easily see a tourist or even a native of the city getting lost in the catacombs. People go missing all the time after all.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
From what I have heard in french class about the Catacombs is that there are, infact, many entrances to get in, so it is not unlikely that a person snuck by themselfs, went to far in and got dragged off by something (or at least got lost.) I haven't watched the video, but it's not impossible that such a thing did happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ive seen the clip before on tv, or one extremely similar. There are tons of entrances to the Catacombs all over the city, and although authorities have tried to seal them all, people still break in. The disappearances seem to happen because the Catacombs are so massive. Theres like nine levels or something, and experts only have the first couple mapped out. Its no wonder people who venture down there go missing.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I believe this could be a real video, but whatever scared the guy could have been kids or even the police. There are hundreds of kilometers of tunnels down there and it is supposed to be closed and locked off but it is so wast and connected to modern road/subway systems. There has been a commission working since 1777 to keep the tunnels secure and make sure nobody is digging without permit there.

Check out this site for more info an pictures. It gives you an idea of how wast it is and how it feels to be down there.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

link is dead on 11/10/2008

unable to view..

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I saw that episode. It was "Scariest places on earth"

These investigating people snuck in and found no remains of the man and nothing suspicious.

I believe the video is real. It's obvious that if you're deep in these neverending pitch black tunnels of bones and bodies alone, you're going to get spooked and eventually maybe lose it. He starts to panic, runs, says screw the camera, drops it and maybe never finds his way out.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Man i don't think this site is worth a read... just a small notice to any anonymous/active users of this forum, try and read the WHOLE topic before posting, cause it's friggin' annoying reading somewhat like 75 of the same answers and hearing about people having seen the show...

And by the way, the best explanation to it ever also is a hoax as another on on page 3 (i think) pointed out, and it's just too fish that their batteries suddenly is "about to die", and THEN they stumble upon the holy trail from the footage :O hoooowee. Bogus i say, but i'd surely love to go there and explore myself with a REALLY long rope, some chalk and plenty of batterysupply

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

You can still watch the video on google video.

And maybe the man just dropped his camera because he was so happy to recognize a part where he has been already, and knows a way out from that point, he droped his camera in his happiness?
It may be a stupid thought, but if he really thought he was lost and he would die, it could have gone that way

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join