It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fibrin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There is a glue like substance called Fibrin in our blood that helps creat a scab until our wound can heal.

its like a natural healing remedy.

How does evolution know how to make us stop bleeding?

Im asking sincerily. There are just so many proofs.

peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I believe in evolution but also that it wasn't random but created by my own deity.

I believe she guided it, of course that is not a valid answer for you.

But I thought I would still state my belief on it.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Evolutionist theist?

" its not a valid answer "

Im not talking about evolution Kacen, im talking about the natural substance in blood to make us stop bleeding, its incredible.

Also simple things like finger nails. We need these to itch stuff if we dont have another alternative use around.

Evolution cant do this good.

peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I don't think evolution knows how to do anything, in the way you or I know things.

There are studies on this stuff, e.g.:

Evolution of vertebrate fibrin formation and the process of its dissolution.

Doolittle RF, Spraggon G, Everse SJ.
Center for Molecular Genetics, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla 92093-0634, USA.

The thrombin-catalysed conversion of fibrinogen into a fibrin gel is common to all extant vertebrates. Because fibrin formation is both temporary and risky, an effective scheme for fibrinolysis evolved concomitantly. In this regard, the fibrinogen molecule is well adapted both for network polymerization and for subsequent dismantling. The question is, has it always been so? It has long been known that the three non-identical chains that compose vertebrate fibrinogen are descended from a common ancestor, and the original molecule must have been either a homotrimer or a dimer thereof. Three-dimensional studies on core fragments of fibrinogen are revealing new insights about both fibrin formation and its destruction. These studies are also showing exactly what structural changes have accompanied changes in function for the various domains. Chief among these is the reversal of direction for the alpha chain after replacement of its C-terminal domain.

linky

Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003 June 24; 100(13): 7527–7532.
Published online 2003 June 13. doi: 10.1073/pnas.0932632100.
Copyright © 2003, The National Academy of Sciences
Biochemistry
The evolution of vertebrate blood coagulation as viewed from a comparison of puffer fish and sea squirt genomes
Yong Jiang and Russell F. Doolittle*

linky

But essentially, it wouldn't need to 'know' how to do it, evolutionary mechanisms would just select for this ability, as it pays to not bleed to death.

ABE: JiT, you seem to be using an argument from incredulity here. Do you think fingernails are that complex for mechanisms that can evolve an eye? Although, maybe you missed the new study showing how hydra evolved the first light receptive cells.

Your inability to accept the evidence means little really. Your own Pope dudes don't have an issue, so why do you?

[edit on 18-10-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
JesusIsTruth, what I mean is, that evolution happened but a divine being influenced it.

Theres tons of evidence for evolution, however the scientific theory on it is it is random and not guided; that, I find hard to believe.

There are many Christians who agree with me, that it was controlled by a creator.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

I concur.

edit: not a one line post

[edit on 18-10-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Theres tons of evidence for evolution, however the scientific theory on it is it is random and not guided; that, I find hard to believe.

It's not random. It is undirected, but not random.

The changes in DNA are random to fitness. That is, the mutations producing variation are not correlated to the needs of an organism. But natural selection is not random.

So, undirected, or as you say 'not guided', is a better explanation of the accepted position than random.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I hear what you are saying Melatonin.

What I mean is that the bodies were put together amazingly. God put that in the blood for that reason.

The pope (dudes), are freemasons. They are working with the new age revolution to bring the world into one under antichrist.

Free masons have talked about and have infiltrated the church. These popes are not Catholic. This has been happening since this decade began.

peace.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
OK, who am I to tell a catholic who's their earthly mouthpiece is :shrug:

I'm not too sure how amazing the human body is really. I think my knees are getting a bit creeky now, could have been better put together. But I'm lucky, I do have 20/20 vision unlike a lot of people, squids have better put together eyes though.

Putting the recreation zone near the waste zone may have been a bad choice. And wisdom teeth can be troublesome for a few. But, yeah, fingernails are cool.

Not perfect, but it generally does the job.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

demonstrate that god did these things and you'll have some scientific credibility...

and, in your opinion, who was the last legitimate pope?

oh... and why isn't this in O&C?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Why would evolution provide for clotting cells? Um well if you can avoid bleeding to death well then you have an advantage to live longer pure and simple. As for the fingernail thing the advantage would be to keep the pesky germ passing fleas off your mangy butt, advantage not being mangy and flea bitten making you hotter because you are cleaner.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Melatonin.

It does do the job. Finger nails were put there for other reasons as well. But what im saying is that the creation is to complex for nothing to do it or chance.

Madness.

I cant demonstrate. God put these things here for clues. Like teeth. They are their to chew, if we didnt have them imagine eating potatoe chips with gums. Aint going to feel good.

The last Pope in my recollection would be pope pious 12 I think, or the one before John 23rd who was I think a 33rd degree freemason infiltrator.

What they did was change the mass from latin to english, but they had 6 protestants help creat it and changed the words of consecration.

They used invalid words in the english and removed tons of prayers from it.

If you affect the words of consercation (always taught by catholic doctrine) to affect the sacramnent.

meaning if you use invalid words, there is no grace, sanctiying grace, no Christ in the euacharist.

Now if you really think about it (in my terms) since the 60s when Vatican 11 was formed and the new mass.

this is when the new age movement really began.

Sex, drugs, rockandroll, hardcore evil.

If you take the grace from the world, the world gets worse and worse.

60s was an age of drugs and sex, the 70s was a hippy type goofy age of the same things.

the 80s got worse, with a gayish feel to it, men turned into women, women men, the culture was really crazy, getting crazy.

the 90s an era of hard core rap, and just plain evil.

Im talking about it through my view madness, I know you dont believe in sin or evil.

But its gotten more ruthless, evil, hardcore, gangster, rebellious, confrontational ect..

you can see this through entertainment.

This is my opinion.

But what im saying is that all the popes since V11 the 60s have been antipope freemasons.

They are in the one world plan to join all faiths and governemtns (9/11) plays in here) and iraq war.

and soon when they creat another war, it wil probably cause the micro chip or who knows.

Its all coming together soon.

peace.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
i feel sorry for you, i really do.

evolution is such a beautiful idea as that its an excellent rational explanation for how we see life's structures and functions today.
its a much more pleasing and satisfying concept to me rather than.. "humans are created with the clap of gods hands".

from your above posts, its obvious to me that you don't understand what evolution is at all and lack the imagination to see how it all fits together.

i hope you can be saved.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I fail to understand how evolution is "impossible" but this:

Is acceptable.

Information age? Who needs it? :shk:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

melatonin, I won't argue with evolution and natural selection. There is too much evidence for it. However, I do warn against a cut and dried story here. The evidence is still nebulous. There are only hypotheses at present. I would suggest that it is damn difficult to differentiate between divergent and convergent evolution given the same set of data. Even if the origin of fibrinogen was from a homotrimer by gene amplification events - so what? What is the selection pressure for the appearance of a homotrimer? Is it dosage? If it is why was there not a process of increased readout from the promoter sequence of the gene and selection for that particular mutation? So, yet again, as in every field of scientific research there is a huge question mark at the end. I say God is at the end of all question marks, in a similar way to the OP. You say it is selection of random mutations. Both of us have doubts...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Cheeser that ok you think that way.

There are so many proofs of creation.

these signs dont just happen out of nowhere. How, absolutely how can any soul provided the things ive posted and the body parts and the miracles like the girl in my sig, not give this stuff a chance?

how can nothing make us smile and have these body parts that were made for specific reasons?

The bottocks

created for standing and sitting on a cushion.

The breast

Created for holding milk for women.

also the trinity is literally imaplnted on our bodies. Thats why we have 3 points in a triangular formation.

Finger nails.

made for scratching.

Teeth for chewing, hair for cold weather, all the senses.

Smiles and laughter.

Why does evolution have a personality?

Of corse you have to have some sense of deepness to see these things.

I just dont get it.

peace.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
There are so many proofs of creation.

yet you can't prove that they are evidence of creation...

these signs dont just happen out of nowhere. How, absolutely how can any soul provided the things ive posted and the body parts and the miracles like the girl in my sig, not give this stuff a chance?

the girl in your sig? i looked into it, don't see any reason to believe in god because of her.

how can nothing make us smile and have these body parts that were made for specific reasons?

they weren't MADE for specific reasons, they developed naturally and now have specific uses

The bottocks

created for standing and sitting on a cushion.

prove that they were created.

The breast

Created for holding milk for women.

prove that they were created

also the trinity is literally imaplnted on our bodies. Thats why we have 3 points in a triangular formation.

stop using this one, MM refuted it

Finger nails.

made for scratching.

again, demonstrate how they were created.

Teeth for chewing, hair for cold weather, all the senses.

again, demonstrate how they were created

Smiles and laughter.

Why does evolution have a personality?

Of corse you have to have some sense of deepness to see these things.

I just dont get it.

personality evolved most likely as a product of our increase in evolution
visible emotions help animals interact in groups
if you realize someone is laughing, you know things are good, if you see them smiling the same holds true
however, if you see someone scowling, you know something is wrong
group survival.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0
So, yet again, as in every field of scientific research there is a huge question mark at the end. I say God is at the end of all question marks, in a similar way to the OP.

So, in essence, your vision of god is one of the gaps, just like some prehistoric cavedude laying the the sparky-things in the sky at the feet of some supernatural agent.

If you find that satisfying, then that's your perogative. I like to think we may have moved on from that.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Evolution does have a personality, it's called the neocortex. When we were still primitive apes all we had was the paleocortex (which we still have at the center of our entire brain), which contained all survival skills and instincts. As evolution progressed, the neocortex grew around the old brain. The neocortex is a root of consciousness (biologically) and helped us evolve into social beings as an aide to survival.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Madness MM did not refute the trinity on the body thing. Thats what the 3 points are for, its a mystery of the faith you dont have to believe but its not by chance the body is like this.

God chooses certain times (to uphold faith) to reveal certain mysteries as he pleases.

Madness you keep saying prove it was created?

That doesnt make any sense. The proof is in the body parts them self. You have to have deepness to see the obvious.

of course if you want to be unsincere and deny everything, you will deny everything.

People can clearly see that the body parts mentioned above, are not only amazing but were created for a reason.

And to the last poster.

Macro evolution has not bee proven by science, and all the missing links are fake fully animal or human, and evolutionists (sincereones) will tell you this.

secondly, when I say personality I mean that laughter and happiness is a part of God and the soul.

evolution is nothing, and nothing cant give us joy. So many things fit together, like eating, the amazing foods, nature, our bodies perfectly fit for each other man women ect..

Nothing cant do this, and somewherte in you hearts you have to know this, even though on this internet you have to deny everything.

Once God is know, sins have to cease, and some dont want God to exist.

The bottocks was created for a muslcle to help us stand, and it works as a cushion to put all our weight on.

anybody, a literal 10 year old can understand and see this.

peace.

<<   2 >>

join