It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty New Buttons...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well I still don't like them.

Why can't they be more like the buttons on this ATS page?

handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
i dont like these buttons overall

simple = yes
creative = no
makes a difference to me = no
better layout = maybe

the funny thing is the board home pages have the originals at least to me they do.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think the buttons are easier to find now. It probably helps the layout a bit.. The other buttons gave the site a cluttered look..

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The buttons on the homepage are all messed up

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i see the buttons changed again. these aren't any better. please at least provide an option to use the old buttons. it's SOO much easier to find them by picture than by text label.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Can you see them better? Can you navigate better? Is the site not as crowded? THEN QUIT COMPLAINING!! GEEEZ

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
ok well it looks like they still havent decided on what look they are going for so i sugest to anyone who thinks they could do better to submit an image and post it here so that we can give them some ideas because hoever is doing this seems to be experimenting a lot.

by the way this is why you are supposed to try this on a dummy version of the site before changing the actual site

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
How about an option on the page where you use your points to buy stuff, to 'buy' the old buttons back?

A lot of people won't have the points especially the new people so the bandwidth will still be cut down.

Peace,
- Naz

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I like 'em.

I was a little worried for a while 'cause they went though some fugly stages, but I think these look decent.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
this message is to the web guru:

hey i like the idea and all but instead of having that visited tab image being so wacky in contrast to the boutton you've made how about just making a brighter version of the button its on that way you can keep your color code and still have that function

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
How do you know that? The change maybe for bandwidth reasons.

ATS having bandwidth problems?

Thats a nasty rumour to be spreading...

New Buttons

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ok I only think of important stuff during my ME time, and someway somehow the old U2U symbol came to my mind during my ME time, so that means that I want my old U2U symbol back!!!!!!!

I dont like changes that dont wow me:

EXAMPLE:

The new lay out where you can see and choose between Aliens&UFO, ALT.NEWS,911....etc= WOW!!!!

New buttons=

[edit on 23-10-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I like the buttons, they look top notch and professional. Cheesy glam buttons on the other hand are more apt to attract children. I hope they stay, cause menu eye candy distracts from the content.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

how do you know that are you a developer or did you find any relevant data for your statements.

as a mater of fact more sites now a days are turning to glitz like games and active content in order to atract more people a static website is a thing of the past.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by razor1000
how do you know that are you a developer or did you find any relevant data for your statements.

So tell me why haven't you checked out the Alexa's and Big Board's top ranking sites to see just how relevant my opinion is about glam menu buttons in use?

www.alexa.com...
www.big-boards.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I see alot of websites going through an identity crisis, and doing stuff like this, trying a new change, a simpler or more complicated design, It reminds me of a middle age crisis.
Someone said it best, its a work in progress, and it really doesnt effect my world too much, but that said, I do like the old ones quite a bit.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

you didnt answer my questio you just went out and got links
heres a link for ya www.cssbeauty.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Your question would of been answered if you bothered to look, so read it again and do your own foot work. Fadish cheesy menus are not used by most, if not all, of the top ranking sites. That site you linked and just became a member of doesn't use a glam menu either, so you also proved my point and it's not even ranked in the top 10,000.

My opinion stands until traffic data supports otherwise, so prove me wrong... show me the data.

You want to impress me, expand on gestalt and tell me how loud buttons effect continuity, flow, social interaction and demographics. Then show me your art work. I have years and years of graphic design education and experience, so it better be good.

p.s For starters you can get a hold of your graphic priorities, design an avatar and add something to your profile besides text, since it's been over 2 years since you became a member... or I will keep presuming you don't know how do graphics, are too lazy, have too many excuses and/or really don't give a damn about art or design. I don't bs people and I expect the same, and that's a primary reason my status bar is red...comprende?

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Now that I've gotten used to them, I love them!

Great work once more SO

CSS rules!!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

hey chill out little man you're once again missing the point in since you didnt notice that site i sent you to has buttons that dont stick out like a sore thumb and all of the site featured there all have top notch web design and i've been lurking that site for several years now.

BTW i did have an avater but the mods took it down because it was too comercial in nature so before you go vlasting out maybe you should ask around. those sites that you so tout have basic interfaces because they have a lot of traffic so they need to keep graphics on the lite side

however if you notice their sites have links all over them and nothing stands out as a main menu if i werent a developer i wouldnt know where to look for the main buttons and sice the have so much advertisement they also prefer to keep things light because add take a long time to load

so they are not really worrying about how fast the user gets the page to load instead they wana make sure you can see their adds and be as wide varied as possible so they can have more peopel looking at them.

ok now what you got to say

ps i dont clipart like a lot of people here i use photoshop to create original graphics *snip*

[edit on 10/25/2007 by razor1000]

Mod Edit - Removed Link To Inappropriate Content.

[edit on 10/25/07 by niteboy82]

lol i knew that was comming damn man people get too serious sometimes

[edit on 10/25/2007 by razor1000]

<< 6  7  8   >>

join