It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Four Survival Dynamics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
When humans were created, each were programmed to fit a specific category. Which dynamic do you fit in?

Group one: The survival of self. This person lives to ensure his survival only.

Group two: The seeders. The seeder is a person who is here to reproduce only, and does not necassarily take full responsibility for his family.

Group three: Survival of the group or family. This person lives to ensure the survival of his family or group. A leader, and a family man.

Group four: Survival of Mankind. This person is on earth to ensure the survival of mankind as a whole and this person lives a selfless existence.

All groups are equally important. The needs of the one, outweigh the needs of the many in some cases, but all groups include struggle.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
What has this got to do with the O & C debate? Other than saying that humans were created and showing no evidence at all?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Totally selfless, and wantonly dangerously charismatic at times especially in these days. Betterment of mankind seeker.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
No one is created equal. That is my point.

Depending on your sign, and alignment of planets, and even time; determines your destiny.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

I thought that all species, for millions of years, have been born with the same instincts, in a certain order. Survival of self in order to live long enough to propagate, once they have offspring, protect the offspring long enough for them to mate and create other offspring, etc.

I think "survival of the species" is the main goal of all living things. In order to do this, they really have to have aspects of all four of the groups you mentioned.

That's my take on it anyway, from what I've read in and out of the classroom.

-Warlo

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Very good thread Mr. SCP, you are highly looked upon here in the upper echelon of ATS.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by K-illuminati]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Good thread and equally as good posts.

SCP..I find myself fitting in all four groups. It is a most stressful position.

I am a Pisces. Wondering if this is normal for me.

I feel responsible for my children, their children and for all of humanity. I am also a short term missionary.

Dizzie

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It is very possible to fit into more than just one group. Except that you can't fit into all four. It's just that the first one is excluded automatically, since survival of self is our prime directive in life, and if we can take care of our families, we would make sure we dont expire as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
Group one: The survival of self. This person lives to ensure his survival only.

Group two: The seeders. The seeder is a person who is here to reproduce only, and does not necassarily take full responsibility for his family.

Group three: Survival of the group or family. This person lives to ensure the survival of his family or group. A leader, and a family man.

Group four: Survival of Mankind. This person is on earth to ensure the survival of mankind as a whole and this person lives a selfless existence.

What about a police officer who is also a mother? Would she not fit into all four groups? She wants to survive to facilitate the other three. She has children, which constitutes the second. She wants to protect her children, keeping them away from harmful things, which constitutes the third. She is a civil servant, taking criminals off the street, which constitutes the fourth.

-Warlo

*edit for clarification

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Warlo]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Police officer's have lots of power handed to them and could be looked up to by young people. A policeman should walk up to young children, take the cigarettes out of their mouths. I know they are legal, and I saw a group of 14 years olds smoking cigarettes in front of a deli. The police car was parking, walked right past the kids and bought their lunch. I wanted to rip those things right out of their mouth, and if I had the uniform on, it would have been easier to confront all of them.

I live in a neighborhood where kids just run wild. Parents are always working here, it's a blue collar neighborhood mostly, and I have to constantly tell these children how to behave, telling them not to smoke, ask them why they are not at school, and telling them not to curse and respect eachother. It's a jungle out here, and some cops are affected by all the hate and prejudice thrown at them. A policeman shouldn't let negativity turn them negative, its hard for a cop to remain positive.

top topics

join