It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mankind Project- secrecy, nudity, beating chickens?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hey, I just want to know what everyone thinks of the Mankind Project, read this

Houston man commits suicide after attending ManKind Project

and tell me what you think. And please help me do some more research- I am really really curious about it. Anyone been involved? why is there so much secrecy?

I know I can get great answers and ideas here, I for some reason can't find any websites that they are talking about in that article, unfortunately. Can you? Are you as interested as I am? heh.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by creeptree]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Odd story. Sounds like a solarphallic worship cult.

Their website... mkp.org...

The rituals are very similar to those in the later degrees of freemasonry... i'm going to keep reading up on this and see what I can find.

These weirdos also have a mentoring network for adolescent boys called "boys to men". I hope this isn't too widespread.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
wow!!! I've never heard of this group or their practices.
The whole thing seems very disturbing and it obviously was since that guy ended up committing suicide.

I'm sure the program will have it defenders since they seem to have high profile members. Kind of cultish if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationalgaze
The rituals are very similar to those in the later degrees of freemasonry... i'm going to keep reading up on this and see what I can find.

This group is NOTHING like Freemasonry, especially if you believe the article that was posted. What similarity in the degrees are you seeing?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah, it's not very close. But, I was just curious of everyones opinions- weird or not.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well the part about discussing past sexual history is done in Skull and Bones but I think, but don't know, the intent there is different.

Any use of humiliation threats and fear to try to build a man is ridiculous, a real man would laugh and walk out the door in the face of someone controlling his environment like that. Although he might learn not to sign agreements about keeping secrets, I can't think of any other lesson.

This is classic behavioral modification techniques, somebody is using the age old tactics of breaking a persons will.

Think about it, if you are being taught to stand up for yourself, isn't giving up your cloths, and then your dignity a bit counter productive? This is the opposite of teaching independence, it is teaching compliance and using behavior modification.

Now if a guy was waiting outside the door, to call all the people 'spineless wimps' for putting up with this treatment, just because they were told it was thing to do, or because others in the group did it, I might chuckle. Because that's what I think of people that unjustly submit there behavioral norms to others are, spineless sheep.

This may be a test to see if people are docile enough for large scale breaking of them. Maybe they are moving into brainwashing at a new level. Or maybe this society just had its cover blown, and this is being done in other orders for years.

I could imagine a person in the room, who does not put up with it, really waking up the others, and getting the crowd to put a smack down on the ones keeping there keys and phones.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Does anyone else see the inside joke of beating chickens. This almost seems like a joke somebody cooked up to see how many peasants they could get to go along with it.

The instructors were beating down chickens weren't they? The group being the docile following chickens, the humiliation being the beat down.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I don't hold anything against freemasons. Sorry if I offended someone. I don't belong to any belief system/religion/cult, but my view on freemasonry is a bit biased. From an occult point of view it's all very shady and i've seen video of the earlier rituals, which are strange even when looked at from a non-christian perspective. I've read from somewhat reliable sources that the true secrets of freemasonry are kept from initiates until a certain degree, and then there's all sorts of horror stories.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Huh. I was just thinking the other day "boy, we sure don't hear about those weirdo cults as much as we used to"

and then this comes along

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
This is classic behavioral modification techniques, somebody is using the age old tactics of breaking a persons will.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by Redge777]

Thank you, that's the phrase i was thinking of. Some rituals in freemasonry involve swearing your life on keeping the secrets of the order. I think freemasonry is a front, the people who are invited are there with good intentions not knowing the secrets yet. Swearing you'll die before revealing the secrets is just strange to me.

This "mankind club" seems like another front. A mystery religion may be behind both of them, and many more groups.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Here is their website: MKP

The ManKind Project® is a progressive men's organization striving to be increasingly inclusive and affirming of cultural differences, especially with respect to color, class, sexual orientation, faith, age, ability, ethnicity, and nationality.
The ManKind Project® offers trainings which support men in developing lives of integrity, accountability, and connection to feeling. Our trainings challenge men to develop their abilities as leaders, partners, fathers, and elders in order to offer their deepest gifts in service to the world.

The ManKind Project® is an educational organization committed to empowering men to missions of service. Except for those organizations listed on this page, MKP endorses, supports, and associates with no other organizations, therapies, programs, agendas, or philosophies. Any organization suggesting any other purposes or outcomes on their websites (or in their literature) for MKP's trainings is acting without MKP's consent or approval. For further clarification, email us via the Contact Us link at the left.

The ManKind Project's New Warrior Training Adventure® is an intense, transformative men's initiation which invites men to forge a deep conscious connection between head and heart. The NWTA offers men a powerful, challenging opportunity to look at all aspects of their lives in a richly supportive environment.

The New Warrior Training Adventure® is the gateway to the ManKind Project.

This website is your gateway to the New Warrior Training Adventure®.

We invite you to learn how we're changing the world, one man at a time. For a view into that world, click here. ( 27 MB)

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You had me at "chickens."

Seriously. I see no connection with masonry. At all. Having advanced in the York Rite, I was never tortured or humiliated in any way.

If you have trouble swearing not to divulge secrets on your life, then you shouldn't ever apply for government security clearance. A lot of institutions demand your shut mouth.

If you think that swearing on your life is scary, never read the old testament. Freemasonry is based on Hebrew formulas used by David and other faith heroes: "May the Lord to thus and so . . . and even worse to me if I fail to keep my promise." Another favorite is "as my soul lives, I swear."

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
If you have trouble swearing not to divulge secrets on your life, then you shouldn't ever apply for government security clearance. A lot of institutions demand your shut mouth.

And freedom and justice demand we open it! We must expose the hypocrisy of those that say one thing and do another, then hide behind the veil of secrecy strictly for there own gain, and not the gain of the people they hide from.

John 3:19"This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20"For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21"But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."

When the light shines it exposes the things done in the darkness for all to see, if they be worthy, then all will also see that. If they be of evil, then all men should see the truth of that, and deny its power, secrecy and deceit.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So your saying, if I know the launch codes for a missle, I should publish them on the web?

Of course not. Paul tells us to be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.

God told moses to send . . . spies . . . to check out the land of Canaan. And Rahab hid them in their house when the king of Jericho sought to slay them. And Rahab was the 16-times great grandmother of Jesus.

An angel told the wise men to Disobey Herod (the government) and not tell him where the child was, but keep their mouths shut and go home by another way.

Secrecy is the art of survival in a very dark world. Jesus praised the dishonest steward, saying "The sons of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own generation than the sons of light." (Luke 16:8)

If you have no secrets, then bully for you; you must not have any responsibilities, either.

(edit to add)

The reason you have any religious liberty at all is because those nasty freemasons got it for you.

Their symbol of square and compasses includes an OPEN BIBLE. Until the reformation, it was against the law in England to open a bible without a priest present.

Masonry simply harks back to a time when people who wanted to read the Bible for themselves, in english, had to meet in secret, and deny the existence of the lodge if they were tortured by the church.

Tho many masons today are not Christians, there was a time 3-500 years ago when every mason was a Christian, and working behind the scenes so that people wouldn't have to hide their beliefs on pain of death.

The reason for those oaths was so that your brother masons know that they can tell the truth about their faith without it getting back to their employers or their priest or the government. That what gets said in the lodge stays there.

That may seem trivial to you. But the UK had until 120 years ago an oath of communion for some government offices--you couldn't serve in the govt unless you swore loyalty to the church of england. Sir Isaac Newton had his career adversely affected by his refusal to swear this oath.

Anyone who says that no one needs secrets is being purposefully naive.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
First of all Jesus berated Peter for denying him three times for fear of being exposed. But it is easy to find quotes, so to move back to the points.

If governments, including our own, or organizations, including the masons (although I was not speaking of them directly) use secrecy, we are asked to trust them. Plain and simple, they are saying we don't need to know because they got it all worked out, and it is in our interest what they do behind closed doors.

A very quick look at history will show this is not the case, even in the last 8 years we see a ton of evidence secrecy is used against the people not to help the people. By giving a few examples, you ignore the point. Currently secrecy is being used against us not to help us, so we must make things transparent until they deserve the trust they ask for.

Have a little courage, be prepared to face the fact some things may not work out so well, I agree, sure there may be some bad consequences, but they are far fewer then a state under the boot of tyranny, which is where unchallenged secrecy leads.

If you want to give examples of how secrecy is protecting us, I will counter with the examples in history of what happens when society does not know what power is really doing, those examples are at least as bad as any example 'powers that be' could type to try to scare people into accepting secrecy and no accountability. Furthermore history also shows that fake scare tactics are used, not real ones to defend tyranny.

And as far as having responsibility, the responsibility you speak of is that given by others controlling secrets, my responsibility is shown by my many decisions to post, the same responsibility every American citizen has. To speak up and question.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with Freemasonry and much more to do with LGAT (Large Group Awareness Trainings) such as Landmark and EST. In fact, it looks like yet another spin-off of that, with some shamanic-initiatory stuff thrown in.

These type of trainings typically have you sign a disclaimer warning you about whats going to happen and that you are responsible for participating or not. The initiatory ego-stripping methods are hardcore and cultish...but they dont necessarily "cause" suicides. If anyone commits suicide its because he was predisposed to do so anyway...training or not.

Sensationalist media will always interpret suicides in connection with initiatory-cults as proof of their evilness and most often (not always) this is an exaggeration.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Seems to be some sort of phallic order as has been mentioned. The 'warrior' inclusion suggests some early celtic/pagan influence perhaps.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by creeptree

and tell me what you think. And please help me do some more research- I am really really curious about it. Anyone been involved? why is there so much secrecy?

I know I can get great answers and ideas here, I for some reason can't find any websites that they are talking about in that article, unfortunately. Can you? Are you as interested as I am? heh.

Originally posted by creeptree

All men thinking of attending this weekend should read these web sites BEFORE giving any money to this organisation:

/nduknd

/ngmblt

Also search for "mankind project" or "mkp" at

www.rickross.com...

and at

forum.rickross.com...

SB

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join