It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let school step in when parents don't (school giving 6th graders birth control pill)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I do take my children to the grocery store with me and I do teach them life skills. My daughter shows excellent co-operation skills and social skills. She doesn't get wrapped up in the whole "popular" and "unpopular" game and she befriends kids that many of the other kids won't because they are different. She is like that because I have taught her these things because it is what I know I am good at teaching.

What I am not good at is teaching math, science, writing and all that other stuff that the school does provide, and so far they have been doing a good job at teaching my daughter those things. Sure I know she isn't going to use all those algebra problems she will learn or dissecting a frog may not help her in what she chooses as a career, and yeah some of the things that are in those history books are questionable, but my daughter I know is smart enough to know when to question what she is being taught.

Quite honestly, I don't think it's public school that is at fault for the average parent losing control of their children. It's the fact that most parents are working 80 hours a week, throwing their kids into daycare and pushing their kids in to way too many after school activities, completly relinquishing their parenting time for the sake of an over-zealous career.

And this is why public schools feel like they have the right to stick their nose into personal matters where it doesn't belong, because people are not spending time with their children. Today's average adult is too wrapped up in their own life to worry about their kids.

We should not need commercials on T.V. telling us to have dinner with our family. It should be a common standard in every home.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join