It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to make them question their beliefs...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I so feel like going into a church half-way through thier mass, and announce in a loud clear voice: "BEFORE THE BIBLE WAS EDITED BY THE CHURCH IT DID SAY "THE GODS!!! CREATED THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH....THE GODS!!! CREATED THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH......QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!!"

and then i would run off and head back into my car and take off.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Na you should stay and face the aftermath. It would be interesting to see how Christian the congregation reacts. They probably will be so infuriated with hatred that forgiveness goes flying out the door before you even take one step.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
They might get slightly annoyed that you interrupted their service, but I don't think that would make anybody question their beliefs. You could yell at most Christians until your face turns blue and they'd just dismiss whatever you say and tell you that they will pray for you or quote some Bible passages.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
If you really want to make them question. Ask them, why do people who without a doubt believe in the same God, fight about the worship of.

That might get some of thier attention. but the majority isn't going to pay attention as they will TOO self absorbed.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The passages in the new bibles are still right. The Almighty God took credit for the physical universe eventhough myriads of angels partook in the execution of the acts. The power the angels (could be refered to as gods of authority given by the Almighty) used was from the Creator. Its the Owner and Architech's plans but he had workers involved in the creation. Its always the owner's house, its just he had a group of master workers specialized to certain tasks. Michael was the master worker over the other specialized spirits who built the universe. The middle (man) spirit creature is taken out of the picture because all the inteligence and power to the creation is owed to the Creator.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
they'd pray for you and assimilate you into the collective.

no don't do it. they'll eat you.

BG

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ask them why the roman catholic church held galilo under house arrest for asserting the fact that the world was round?

Deep

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
How about just don't be rude???

I know if I was in a service, and some fool burst in and started to be all disruptive I'd pick them up and toss them out the door...

...not because I'm a hypocritical God-Believer who would resort to violence...but more due to the simple fact it would piss me off for someone to do that...

...try doing it when I'm sitting in my own home watching TV and I assure you of the very same response...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Why would you want to do that in the first place?If you disagree with them thats fine,but how are they bothering you by being in church?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
it doesn't mean i WILL do it,. I tjust means that i really would LOVE to do it. Especially just to see the reactions, but int he long run, i wonder how many will question thier faith. If someone comes into the church and says in a loud clear voice "AND THE GODS CREATED THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH!!!...AND THE ...GODS!!!! CREATED THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH!!!"

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I so feel like going into a church half-way through thier mass, and announce in a loud clear voice: "BEFORE THE BIBLE WAS EDITED BY THE CHURCH IT DID SAY "THE GODS!!! CREATED THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH....THE GODS!!! CREATED THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH......QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!!"

and then i would run off and head back into my car and take off.

Please, come to my church and do this. But don't take off, if anything we would embrace you and explain that passage to you. Like you said, question everything, but be willing to stick around for the answer.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
They probably will be so infuriated with hatred that forgiveness goes flying out the door before you even take one step.

That is very true - Most of the so-called Christians I know are so materialistic and self-serving that they would put Anton LaVey to shame. They go to church each sunday not to worship their god, but because of what the neighbours would think of them if they didn't go.

Then the next monday they screw over some poor bastard and still call themselves Christian.

If only all Christians actually followed Christ, the world would be a lot better now.

And yes, I do know that there are people out there who call themselves Christian who truly do follow Christ and live as he did. It's just that there are so few of them left.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, satan would love to do the same. Do you feel like christians migt be right and you may
know it deep down but just dont want to go to church? Or do you find happiness in hurting others in church?

Do you know that alot of these people may actually no be blind followers?

have you thought that alot of them have witnessed miracles?

Or curings so supernatural that the cried for days?

Do you think ever soul blindly follows Jesus?

why?

why are they following him, because of his teachings?

Are his teachings so real and hit the heart so much as if (God) was speaking that millions are drawn to him?

You have to put the conscience of waays to catch christians in their beliefs away and truly think about why thy are at church.

I would like to comment about "" Gods "" but i feel aruing over this wuld do no good, even with proof.

peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Just don't do it in a southern baptist church. They're liable to take you out back and give you the beating of your life, while they pray for you.
If they don't do it right then, you can be pretty sure some rednecks from that church will approach you at some later time, while away from their holy establishment.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hmm. You all talk about Christians like they're the most evil angry people on earth. And there may be some who are. But in my experiance, they are not these violent, angry, mean, cruel people you seem to think of them as. I, for one, would see you running into my church yelling that as a desperate cry for help, from someone seeking answers.

Gods, by the way, refers to the trinity. God is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Tora all through out goes back and forth between using God and Gods in the original Hebrew. You see the trinity is like a triangle, where there are 3 points, but all three of those make up the whole. Hope this answered your question about "Gods". If not, explain where you don't understand or refute, and I'll be glad to answer!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Zero,
The Pope John Paul II has already admitted that the Church treated Galileo badly and asked for pardon, and has learned from the error of Its ways, now the Church is more open to other scientific theories and the like for quite some time now. The Church from then isn't the Church of now.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Although...

"The Catholic Church is telling people in countries stricken by Aids not to use condoms because they have tiny holes in them through which the HIV virus can pass - potentially exposing thousands of people to risk. The church is making the claims across four continents despite a widespread scientific consensus that condoms are impermeable to the HIV virus."

xo.typepad.com...

There are other articles reflecting this.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Zero,
The Pope John Paul II has already admitted that the Church treated Galileo badly and asked for pardon, and has learned from the error of Its ways, now the Church is more open to other scientific theories and the like for quite some time now. The Church from then isn't the Church of now.

Yep, for at least, what, two years now?
What leaps they've made, eh? It only took them about 400 years!
Quick learners they aren't.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Why do people that don't believe in anything and have little faith find it so important to attack religion all the time?

There is much wrong with religion but it offers more benefit for most people than harm. The people that attack it constantly have some kind of unexplainable obcession.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Why would you want to do that in the first place?If you disagree with them thats fine,but how are they bothering you by being in church?

I agree 100%

Live and let live

top topics

<<   2 >>

join