It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in...Burma?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Let's see, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, and next, Burma?

After reading this article about Japan applying sanctions on the Burmese military, I came across this line:

At a question-and-answer session in the state of Arkansas, meanwhile, President George W Bush made it plain that it was his intention to act - and to act soon - against Burma.
Source

Does this mean military action against the Junta? If so, then how hard would it be to win?

From looking at where we are at now, I wouldn't think the American people would support another war.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Act soon does not equal military actions.

There is a whole list of things before that happens:
Economic Sanctions Through either WTO (if Myanmar is a member) or UN.
UN political sanctions.
Peacekeeping mission from security council.
It could be as simple as "official" condemnation from the Office of the Presidents and or Congress.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
No way will there be a conventional war. America can't afford it and has other pressing matters I'm afraid. This is just one of those double standards where the coalition went to Iraq to free the people..Yeah right but the poor people of Burma have to suffer. The only way of Burma becoming free is for the people to arm themselves with guns and start firing back. Stick and stones I'm afraid isn't going to win or change a thing. They've been in power forty years and they're good at what they do, ruling with a iron fist.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

Bush went into Iraq for oil, not to bring democracy and freedom.

Unless Burma has a massive oilfield that I don't know about, I highly doubt to see any kind of military response from other nations.

Right about now I want to see harper get off his duff and reroute some of our troops over there ASAP.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i have been following this story closely since august. there is a lot of info on this subject that has been censored out of western media. check out...

FREE BURMA

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
lol, I think that America gave up their fight for 'democracy' a long time ago. Somehow I dont think they are about to go into Burma and stop the oppressive ragime (sorry for the spelling) that in there even though they promised back in the cold war to help any countries become democratic. Burma doesnt fit into their agenda any how.

-fm

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
wouldnt going into Burma piss off China and cause a conflict between us and them?

new topics

top topics

join