It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin ...Irans best ally ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
As expected Putin is making noises and trying to drum up support which will buy Iran more time to continue with their nuclear programme.
This being the case does anyone have any ideas why there should be assasination threats against him during his visit ?
Certainly they wont be originating from the Iran heirachy.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm happy that Iran has support maybe it will stop the Usual suspects from invading and killing millions of people all in the name of the Dollar.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am too, will make the school yard bully think twice about action, when it realises that Iran has tougher, larger allies.

My friend has been visiting Russia recently and he's told me how happy the Russians are under Putin, seems like the world powers are changing fast eh?

I don't think Iran will assassinate Putin, I think if anybody it will one of the murderous, greedy people from the US, in an attempt to divide relations...

[edit on 16-10-2007 by mr-lizard]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't think the assassination was genuine. Maybe it was just scare mongering to try and stop Putin from visiting Iran as the west are trying to isolate Iran from the rest of the world. By Putin going to Iran for these meetings is a contradiction and a big finger to the USA. This is a massive coup for the Iranians.

[edit on 16uTuesday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yes theres truth in this.
I too have freinds in Russia in fact was married to one and have been there 12 times.I was talking to a friend there today she says the Russians are infuriated by the assasination threats.Whilst there are small numbers of people who have access to real truths the vast majority have no understanding nor real information about whats going on the media still remains predominantly state controlled.The younger generation are happy with Putin yet I have spoken with many of the older generation who feel abandoned.They are aware of the corruption that has allowed Russians to take Billions away after dodgy dealings with Oil and gas..Yeltsin allowed these companies to be sold at knock down prices...Putin snatched them back.55% of all business in Moscow is state controlled outsiders have an arm tied behind their back.
Putin has said in his speech at the Iran conference that Russia are their only real Ally.....he has his work cut out in striking a balance to keep everyone happy although my personal view is that he cares very little about the Wests thoughts.
If there was an assasination then I guess this would be Al Quada linked since they know Putin is standing between the proposed attack on Iran with him out of the way and Russia in turmoil again....I suspect Al Quada would want the US to carry out its threat.....and Al Quada would use this as justifications to further their own attacks.
One thing is clear here ....something has to give and no one is prepared to offer anything up.
There are quite a few threads on the site which in themselves discuss various issues yet all have a focus....The middle East.
Each day there are more concerns and while we dont yet know for sure actually when the fireworks will start,there can be no doubt that its a safe bet to know where its gonna be coming from.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
With Russia as an ally I really can't see the west attacking Iran. Maybe the USA would as they don't really care about loss of life, life seems cheap for them and their people seem to accept heavy losses without to much complaint. Europe though is a different matter, the European people hate war and want nothing to do with any War especially after watching whats happened in Iraq plus Europe does a lot of business with Russia and in years to come Europe will be relying on Russia for gas and oil. Who in the right mind would attack Iran with Russian backing? The loss of life would be in comparison with various battles of WW2.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by paul76

I hope the SCO fully embraces Iran and it's nuclear ambitions. If an official alliance is established, there would be no more talk of war with Iran.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by martin2020

Coming to channel in not so distant future

Biblical prophecy clearly mentions Iran and Russia together

www.leftbehind.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It's part of the grand strategy. Geopolitics is one great big game of chess.
And Russia is fighting the west, Usa, Great Britain, via proxy....with continuous military sale's to Iran.

All countries participate with actions like this. The US sells weapons to Pakistan, but there not "great mates" in the real world.

Effectively, it means the world is constantly at war with each other whether by proxy, or "live" as its known.

It all boils down to maintaining the balance of power and keeping the equillibrium.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
With Russia as an ally I really can't see the west attacking Iran. Maybe the USA would as they don't really care about loss of life, life seems cheap for them and their people seem to accept heavy losses without to much complaint. Europe though is a different matter, the European people hate war and want nothing to do with any War especially after watching whats happened in Iraq plus Europe does a lot of business with Russia and in years to come Europe will be relying on Russia for gas and oil. Who in the right mind would attack Iran with Russian backing? The loss of life would be in comparison with various battles of WW2.

I don't know where you get your information from, but the people of the US don't accept heavy casulties and we don't seem to think life is cheap. I really don't know where you got that from.
And the reason europe dosen't like wars is because the last few the US has had to bail them out.
Now how would you like it if some of that inocent radioavtive material made in Iran for peaceful purposes ended up in the form of a nuclear bomb and it is detonated on one of your english streets by some terrorists. Would you think then the US was wrong for allowing Iran to have nuclear power.

top topics

join