It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do the rich get richer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ok, we all know that there's such a thing as millionaire's and billionaire's, but the question stll remains, how the rich get there? Just by researching on the internet, if you put george soros and rothschild in good a good article will come up. In one of the bill gates posts on here from a few years back brings up a good idea, it doesn't take a smart business to attain the wealth. All the need is to crash there company into the ground and bail them out (bush). But how do the rest of the rich earn it? My mom says that there are true business, 1 percent. There;s some that are honest and get rich my luck, determination, intelligence. But she says that most wealthy get rich because of inhertence of some measure or through shady ethics, immoral decisions, or just plain being an a-hole. So does anyone agree with me? Is this how they really get there wealth? What are everyone's thoughts?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
In my opinion the rich get richer by being smart with their money. Since they already have a steady supply of meterial wealth, they have more oppurtunities and possiblities in which to invest their money and accumulate more of this wealth.

I have question though...why would you want to get richer if you are already rich? It does not make much sense to me. It seems more like greed than anything else.

People with alot of material wealth tend to get lost in the world of money. Their lives become so afixiated on what to buy, when to buy, how to buy etc. They become stressed, superficial and lose the real purpose in life.

Sorry if i went a bit of topic

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
In my opinion the rich get richer by being smart with their money. Since they already have a steady supply of meterial wealth, they have more oppurtunities and possiblities in which to invest their money and accumulate more of this wealth.

I have question though...why would you want to get richer if you are already rich? It does not make much sense to me. It seems more like greed than anything else.

People with alot of material wealth tend to get lost in the world of money. Their lives become so afixiated on what to buy, when to buy, how to buy etc. They become stressed, superficial and lose the real purpose in life.

Sorry if i went a bit of topic

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well my grandparents were super super rich - they have both died years ago.

My grandfather started and ran a business that at the time was only 1 of a few in the country. He then began to invest in real estate and owned up to 30 houses (rental properties) and various pieces of land. The last piece of land he owned, he ended up selling for over a million dollars - because it was situated in a very new and trendy part of dallas. While he owned it, it was surrounded by cow pastures. The piece of property he owned is now the center of this town LOL

The millions he made was hard work and smart investments.

Not sure how all those others do it

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca...

Here's a good article that take's a good look at a few of the new rich from latin america, mexico, and russia. They all did bad, sucked the gov dry, or killed someone to get there. Hope it ain't true. There also a good book at barns and noble the last time I was there, I was reading some of it. It shows the reader how crooked the business were small and big in the 1800-early 1900's. It's called the price by dan yergin. But I do hope that some businessmen do obtain there wealth without being evil. My grandpa was a shrewd evil business man.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by malakiem]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Belief-Systems:

Poor: "I work for money"

Rich: "Money works for me"

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem
All the need is to crash there company into the ground and bail them out (bush).

In this case it might be a bit different. The Bushes have intimate ties with the CIA and some of their companies are obvious CIA fronts, meaning they are not ran for profit. For example, Sr's Zapata Oil was obviously used in the Bay of Pigs operations and was never intented to turn in a profit.

However, bail outs, also known as corporate welfare are frequent in First World nation economies, despite they forbiding poorer nations from doing it. (what they like to call "free trade")

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It takes money to make money, therefore it is not hard for the rich to become much richer

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
taking risks, is a huge factor.

The only super wealthy person I know graduated from the Wharton School of Business, and did the standard work your way up from the bottom at a big company thing, until he realized all he was doing was generating income, not true wealth.

he took a 70% pay cut to go to a small venture capital firm, and as mentioned earlier in this thread, to take advantage of failing companies.

they would buy them cheap, infuse them with cash, grow them, and sell them off for insane profits

top topics

join