It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why our time dimension is about to become space-like

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Why our time dimension is about to become space-like

arxivblog.com

The universe is about to lose its dimension of time says a group of theoretical astrobods at the University of Salamanca in Spain. And they got the evidence to prove it.

Now Marc “Bars” Mars and a few pals in Spain say that the Universe’s signature might be about to flip from Lorentzian to Euclidean. In other words, our dimension of time is about turn space-like. Gulp!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well, maybe this is the reason why the Mayan calendar stopps in 2012. The reason is: There is simply no time as such anymore after 2012, because we enter another brane dimension as we are in line with the centre of the galaxy (hit by the gravitational wave from the centre super massive black hole).

arxivblog.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
...no offense to ya TerraPop, this is THE exact same story from "dimensions go from three to four and time goes bye" -- just so you know.... I'm often looking for more on the subject matter.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I dont think im going to lose any sleep over this. I mean the universe is 20 billions years old and its about to lose "time" here very shortly...like the next few years? Um...no thanks.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I agree with Prince on this one. Nothing I'm going to loose sleep over. Or if I do loose any sleep it will be for something more threatening.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
NOT going to happen. Our dimensional existence is not dictated by anything happening in physical realm... Religious or not, big bang or creationism... time was perceived by humanity, time is not a dimension. The dimension, the 4th, is CALLED time, but we only see and perceive a part of it. Nothing like that is going to change. If it could, you would see a daily breakdown of time and existence... it would not just suddenly "occur..."

Look at a Tsunami... does the wave just show up, no warning? No draw-back tide? Does it occur for no reason?

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Foxe]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Well...if there isn't going to be time anymore then thats fine with me. I won't miss it one little bit. Hey...if time is no more...I guess that means I won't be running late all the time anymore. Fine with me.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I've been late and worried about running out of time before, but I never thought I'd have to worry about literally running out of time!

So thanks Marc Mars, you've given me something new to worry about

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Just imagine, our lives probably would not function in a way familar to anything we have experienced except perhaps in dreams...even in dreams you brain provides an order or sequence. In a universe without order the need for this would be illiminated.

Our way of communicating would change. With no time the consciousness of humanity might merge into a greater entity. Or a unity of souls, an infinite jumble of thought and expression. You would not string together a sentence to communicate, you would not physicaly have to move. Thought would become existence. You would blip from here to there. There would be no time or structure to interfere.

People will laugh at these guys but look at history. I lot of people have been considered fools in there time only to be proven correct ten to a hundred years later.

This is why I love ATS. Some ideas are so ludicrious but you can never say for sure.

new topics

top topics

join