It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Bless the Atheists, I love you guys (and girls)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
That is completely asinine, I'm sorry. The universe was only a few milimeters big? Where did it come from eh? Where did that universe of just a few millimeters across come from? Did IT spontaineously create itself?

This is what you don't understand. Something cannot come from nothing.

Answers:

Q: The universe was only a few millimetres big?
A: The data appears to indicate this, although I am not entirely certain.

Q: Where did it come from eh?
A: No clue at this present time.

Q: Did IT spontaneously create itself?
A: Probably not, it might always have been there, there are a multitude of theories out there, however I can't tell you for sure, don't have that information. Perhaps we'll learn the answer to this question in future generations.

Question to you:

Q: Where did God come from?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

don't get it. Scientists say "The Universe was created by the Big Bang, before that, there wasn't anything".

Bull#! The Big Bang theory says nothing about what happened before the event its self. There is no possible way (as of today) to know what happened and what was there before the "Big Bang". The laws of physics break down the closer you get to point zero.

We don’t know what was before the Big Bang, we just don’t know! That does NOT validate God’s existence. You’re just pushing God of the Gaps and that is ignorant.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Please keep it civil, folks.

Just because you disapprove of someone's religious views, this does not give you license to call them names or make a personal attack. Things are starting to get heated.

Keep it polite.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   

This is what you don't understand. Something cannot come from nothing. An explosion cannot come from nothing. Even in the strangest circumstances, such as this big bang theory, even then an explosion cannot occur without precursor elements. You can't start a fire without a spark, or two things to rub together. When you combine this chemical and that chemical, it explodes, this is how we make weapons and bombs.

Your right something cannot come from nothing. That's why the universe always existed. Nothing can create matter that's why the big bang is just a phase the universe went through.

Not ONE molecule was present, not ONE. NOTHING was present.

EVERYTHING was present, only in a different form. Then it inflated and that has continued until today.

Face it, it's a dumb theory, and its untrue.

It only seems dumb to you because you don't understand it.

Why did it expand? What propelled the expansion? What energies pushed these things outward to expand? Why was there "space" present for the expansion to occur? How did it get there? Was it always there for infinity, is that the only explanation? Well guess what, so was God, aka "I AM".

We don't know, but I think it's unlikely it was a space fairy.

I do not accept crap theories that haven't been proven true just because they are the most common theory. Much like you do not accept Biblical teachings just because believers claim that it has authority to it.

Totally different. I dismiss religious teachings because they are ancient man-made stories to explain how the world was made and how to live in order to go to heaven. No evidence at all after all these thousands of years.

There is lots of evidence for the big bang, and if you want to call it a load of crap you should write a paper disproving the theory and send it to a physics laboratory. If not stop playing the know-it-all.

Doesn't it require something to create? I know the house I live in required building materials. The shirt I wear required fabrics. The hair on my head is dead cells from my body, shaped into hair to keep my head warm. Where did those cells come from that are dead? They once lived, and how did they live? They were created by Mom and Dad. And Mom and Dad were created by Grandma and Grandpa you see. Now trace it back. We're all just recompiled star dust with a soul inserted, but you can go forth believing that the soul does not exist, it's your own life and choice.

Bad analogy. Don't compare everything to a shirt, lol. You never saw something creating a universe so your assumption that a universe has to have a creator is unfounded.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Each man is judged by his works, that is the judgement. Not by his beliefs, his works. So if a man does not believe in God, but is a good man, lives morally, and accomplishes good things in his lifetime that perhaps helped other people, showing compassion for others, he will be judged to be good and enter the Kingdom.

I believe this is true and its not. The bible also teaches us that if you believe in his son you are saved, and if you dont you are not. We got to remember faith without works mean nothing, you can have all the faith in the world in god and his son, but if you dont have works it means nothing. Remember the wine dressers???

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

LMFAO! Awesome man. I love you for that one.

edit: Runetang I also agree with all you thoughts on the big bang being a bunch of crock. Keep up the good posts.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
OK...

How about we ask ourselves this...

Say you are right, and that the "Big Bang" did happen, that all the diversity of life we see here on this planet somehow sprouted from one molecule.

OK, hypothetically, you are right and I am wrong...

What have I wasted? A few Sundays in Church.... I still function just fine, I am still as analytical as any of you. My intellect is the same, no change at all.... If you are correct I will still fade to nothing just like all of you...Having wasted a Sunday or two..

NOW!!!!

What if I am correct?

What if you must be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ or suffer eternal damnation?

Then I did not waste those Sundays and you are forever doomed....

Now I believe because my faith is strong and I feel the presence of The Lord everyday. But if I did not, the common sense of a creator would too me, be overwhelming...

To imagine that the first minuscule molecule that was "inundated" with the "spark" of life by .... lightning (Or something)...LOL.... well that molecule violated the Second Law of Thermo-Dynamics that has been proved time and time again. It violated that law and instead of devolving to chaos, it evolved "miraculously" into billions of diverse life forms.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, but when it is simplified it really does sound silly....

So,

In essence, if I am wrong, I have wasted a Sunday or two...

If you are wrong.....????

WHEW.... Wouldn't want to be you...

Semper

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
In essence, if I am wrong, I have wasted a Sunday or two...

If you are wrong.....????

WHEW.... Wouldn't want to be you...

You are silly.

What if you are wrong and it is Zeus, Yaweh, Thor and Odin that is the true God? What if Islam is the true religion? Or better yet, what if a God that humans have not thought of yet is the one true God and DEMANDS worship lest you not be tossed into eternal damnation?

What if a God actually does exist but has decided not to reveal its presence to humans and does not demand worship. A God which requests nothing except that humans use the gifts of logics and reason given to us, which consequently means that humans eventually should arrive at the conclusion that no God exists, exactly as God him self has predicted and expected of a human that makes full use of his mind. A God which will condemn those whom conform to a religion simply because someone else tells them this is true without using their God given critical and logical brain. What if?

PHEW, I would not want to be you!

- Silent

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hey now...

I was just asking...

I'm perfectly content in my beliefs whereas it appears you are anti everything...

I hope Thor doesn't get too upset with you dissin him...

Semper

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Oh, Semper, Pascal's Wager is a poor reason to worship god.

If I have to worship a being because otherwise he'll punish me, then I'm nothing but a suck up and the god isn't worth worshipping in the first place. don't you have to have true faith in god in order to get to heaven? Don't hypocrites have a place in hell? Wouldn't I be a hypocrite if I paid lip service to a god I didn't believe in just to keep from being punished? What kind of loving god is that?

Pascal's Wager has pretty much been refuted by people over the centuries, such as Voltaire.

The wiki article on Pascal's Wager is pretty enlightening as to why that's considered a logical fallacy, and there are some great links on the page to pursue.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
well, see ..

God would have this numbing affect on your mouth (like an IV of synthetic pre-surgery valium) that makes you stop speaking in the middle of a sentence .. i am sure.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
MM

I have no problem with my Faith and my Eternal future....

I was just trying to impart some logical humor into what I sensed as a stressed thread....

Apparently I failed....

Oh well...

Never said I was a comedian.. LOL

Semper

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join