It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delluded Americans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What is wrong with some Americans, are they so controlled by the mind trap, do they really belive they are on sonme viictorious crusade to save the World from tyranny.

Is the bubble syndrome so pervading that they cannot perceive whats on the ouside. They wage war, they corrupt they lie and deceive yet spend much time and energy to convince us they really they are the good guys.

We no actually your seen as more as villains of the plot either willing or subservient drones willing to to do the bidding of your master. A master that mruders its own people, a master provokes war for proffit and power, a master that invades countries that cannot fight back, well a coward really, they would not dare take on anyone that could do any real harm as proved by their actions since ww2.

But where are all the smart Americans, where are all those who do know whats going on, where in the Worlds alleged largest democracy is the hue and cry to these recent events, there is none. In the shortest time in history a newly emerged country has gone from independance to a mind controlled state. Where politicans are bribbed, bullied or are sent anthrax letters if they dont tow the party line.

Where its ok to see your fellow Americans go up in smoke and then to casually believe some one else did it and not just on one occasion but on numerous occasions. These actions were allowed to be repeated over and over again.

A nation led by the greatest fool that ever walked this Planet is leading in into a black hole, yet this great democracy and its people are silent, why, whats wrong with you all is it that the junk food and drugs have finally taken effect.

Is it because your so patriotic that you cannot see right from wrong that you are like children easily fooled by the illusonists tricks or is it you like it that way.

We the people have always had the power to bring about change be it the Israelites fleeing Eygpt or the people of the French revolution so what is your excuse Americans.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I wouldnt really blame Americans for not waking up since the media is so controlled, and thats where most of them gets their view of the world.

Just check Fox News headlines at any time - how they invent new threats, making people afraid and worrying. Thanks to this extreme focus on terrorism, even their kids are growing up being afraid of terrorism now.

Study reveals stressed out 7-11 year-olds

Their entire society is sick. I dont blame Americans, I blame the government for actually creating this reality for the children.

The ones who are here reading this, most of them already know how #ed up their country is. But how will we reach the masses not being here? Thats impossible, unfortunately.

Lets hope ATS grows and becomes a influencing factor on peoples mind in a even higher degree.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hi Cop, I'm freequently called anti American but I'm not, its like seeing a friend who's becoming an alcoholic and there's little you can do to stop it.

People the world over just want the basic things in life but there are a few who want it all and it is they who are the problem. The people of America are suffering beacuse of the acts of the few be a sodier dying in Iraq or some one losing their home. Its all being orchestrated, things dont just happen, they happen by design and plan.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What the rest of the planet does not seem to understand is that our government has legislated its citizens into a corner while granting itself unlimited power. While we were eating our nachos, guzzling crappy macrobrews, and growing fatter listening to the mindless roar of NASCAR, DC and our state governments were pulling the rug out from under us, sometimes by passing laws in the wee hours of the morning. Appropriate behavior for rats.

The people you should vilify are the morons who continue to vote for the same people over and over and the people who vote strictly by party; the automatons who are too uninformed to make intelligent choices, too scared to vote for change, or too lazy to vote at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom

We no actually your seen as more as villains of the plot either willing or subservient drones willing to to do the bidding of your master. A master that mruders its own people, a master provokes war for proffit and power, a master that invades countries that cannot fight back, well a coward really, they would not dare take on anyone that could do any real harm as proved by their actions since ww2.

Expand on the above!

Roper

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I'm freequently called anti American but I'm not, its like seeing a friend who's becoming an alcoholic and there's little you can do to stop it.

So your friend is in trouble and you resort to belittling him and bashing him..

Your approach to dealing with your friend's alcoholism is to

Drive him deeper into the bottle?

I don't see the friendship.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

We the people have always had the power to bring about change be it the Israelites fleeing Eygpt or the people of the French revolution so what is your excuse Americans.

And what could we do? 71% of us currently are anti-Bush and there is nothing doing about it. People are trying, yet with 0 success. We cannot just use violence or anything like that either because of the advancement of technology. It's easy to say what would have happened back then, but if the people were to rise up, they would be struck down with tremendous force. The gov't has the money and technology to do it.

I hate the fact that every forum I belong to seems to hold several people from outside the U.S. who totally hate us and have blind stereotypical views about us. Like I said before, Bush ONLY has a 29% approval rating currently, which means that MOST of us are not happy with how things have been going for the past several years. So even though I do agree with several of your points, perhaps you should learn how things REALLY are before bringing in more stereotypical predjudicises.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I won't say that I completely disagree with your post but it is certainly inflamatory. One could just as easily ask, "Where are all of the smart people in Myanmaar, Iran or China?"

When governments become authoritative, a group think sets in and the political machine takes control. The people are at the mercy of tyrants and therefore must tread lightly for fear of reprisal and retribution.

One person, ten, one-thousand or ten-thousand won't make a difference - it must be a paradigm shift in thinking. All I can say is that "We're working on it." Your characterization is that we are already lost. I say we are just waking up to the problem.

I wonder if anyone would care about America if our nose wasn't in every bit of business across the Globe? Like say the way you all "care" about Myanmaar? I am being sarcastic, of course, as you all care just enough to type about it but not enough to do anything. Who has stepped forward for them? No one. And if America did - you would all cry "foul". Admit, at least, that your argument is a bit self-serving as you would not care about us if we did not affect you.

In America, there are good citizens and authentic patriots who are attempting to change the course of this great nation. We could use a little moral support and less disdain. But, as they say, you only find out who your friends are when you're down and out.

By the way, all of our smart people are probably busy spell-checking your post.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I agree. Actually I started looking into how the Chinese treat activists, but had to stop researching because I didnt want those pictures in my head... lets just say that people get dragged away and tortured in the worst ways possible. They even have brainwashing centers. I read about one 23 year old girl who got dragged away to one of those, only to be returned being completely mad, seeing images and hearing voices, unable to function in society. Her mother now has care of her.

So while the US is going in the wrong direction, its certainly not as bad as some other countries when it comes to silencing people.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Roper
Korea, Vietnam, Iraq2, Afganistan. Not one American died, lost his freedom or liberty at home yet Millions of those people died.

Jack
Have yoyu heard of the phrase you have to be cruel to be kind, one has to come to terms with harsh realities before you can bring about change.

Big

You are doing something about it as you have said many do not agree with the Goverment and eventually you will bring about change. And if my remarks make people stop and think then that is all good. It is easy to encpasulate yourself in the comfort zone is it not.

Kosmic

Its not about bashing America or Americans, it dose not matter which country is doing it but when those who seek to use its people to wage war on others that is wrong. What is happening in Burma is wrong but you can do something about it without invading the country and ending up killing more people than the regime your replacing.

Wars are waged for a number of reasons and these reasons have never changed, they are.

war is waged for religeous beliefs or ideology

war is waged for material gain

war is waged because one feels superior to others.

Any one of those or all are used in every conflict, and I for one do care, I care that I dont want to see humankind go up in smoke because of America or anyone else, we either see ourselves as evolving life forms that can shed these stupid materialist ideals or we are no better than the savages of millenia ago and are doomed to failure.

Many here say the media controls/maipulates the American people that may be so but we now have the internet and people no longer have to be unaware of world events or what their country is up to.

All that is required is for people to become one again rather than split and divided as they are now. I'm not sayng it is easy but the more people protest and more civil disobediance will take effect on those in power.

But more importantly for all of us is that we have to become self aware, to deal with reality and to understand what needs to be done to bring about change.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What is wrong with some Americans, are they so controlled by the mind trap, do they really belive they are on sonme viictorious crusade to save the World from tyranny.

Is the bubble syndrome so pervading that they cannot perceive whats on the ouside. They wage war, they corrupt they lie and deceive yet spend much time and energy to convince us they really they are the good guys.

Personally, I don't believe as a Canadian citizen, that I get the impression Americans are the good guys. Now it is not persecution that matters here. It is founding the thought we are all human with the same potential.

/Am

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If you truly want to understand why Americans are having difficulty turning this big War ship around - read the threads below. Money is Power and War (Crisis) makes money.

Report From Iron Mountain: Fact Disguised As Fiction?
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

The Shock Doctrine: Disaster Capitalism:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
(with thanks to IgnoranceIsntBliss)

Take the profit out of war and there will be no war.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
When the chinese farmers revolted against the gov they were met with thugs with machettes and pick axes. We'd have our own thugs to deal with. In a democracy, all peaceful attempts on change must first be attempted and reattempted. True Americans do not resort to terrorism to effect change. When sprout is out perhaps some things around here can get fixed. There is a lengthy list, mostly foreign policy and infrastructure.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Roper
Korea, Vietnam, Iraq2, Afganistan. Not one American died, lost his freedom or liberty at home yet Millions of those people died.

Korean and Vietnam conflicts happened during the time that communism was trying to take as much ground that it could. Killing all that stood in it way. Someone had to take a stand.

Look at the people killed by communism. econ161.berkeley.edu...

Iraq 2 and Afghanistan ??? September11, 2001 does that ring a bell? Over 3000 US citizen killed.

Now Iraq war is arguable but Saddam was a very bad man, mass graves of those that opposed him and all those children in prison just to control the parents. Someone had to take a stand!

Roper

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Ya you're preaching the choir over here. You shouldn't come to ATS and say that crap. I think most people who have done their research can come to say that, yes, a lot of Americans are brainwashed... and yes, I say that as an American. So just get over it, I hate this kind of stuff. In fact you're post is so biased and angry towards America = a desperate nation for reform, that I'm adding you a foe.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Techsnow]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Roper, Iraq and Afganistan had nothjing to do with 9/11 but the alleged Highjackers were saudis so why wasn't Saudi Arabia invaded, is it because the US owes them billions.

Tecsnow, yes stuff them fingers in hard, the truth always hurts, what your actually saying is yes we are a big bully and we dont give a dam. Well actually many of your fellow Americans do give a dam and are trying to change the situation.

Kosmickjack, I did not say it would be easy and the transition from war to living in peace will take along time but some one has to take the first step.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Roper, Iraq and Afganistan had nothjing to do with 9/11 but the alleged Highjackers were saudis so why wasn't Saudi Arabia invaded, is it because the US owes them billions.

You said it yourself," the alleged hijackers were Saudis." Saudi Arabia did not sponsor or give safe harbor to OBL and his followers. So why invade Saudi Arabia? The Taliban in Afghanistan did.

Roper

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Sorry, but have to disagree and this will be my only post as I have seen other threads you have started. They get pretty nasty, so I am here only to disagree with you and give you my opinion. In advance I am lettin gyou know that we should agree to disagree and leave the petty name calling to that.

The US has not chosen to save the world from tyranny, it has most recently been assigned to us. When things go wrong in the world, people ask how could the US sit by and let it happen. When we interfere, we are blamed for being mean spirited egotisitical bullies meant on spreading capitlaism and death every where we go. We aim to prevent tyranny and whats wrong with that. I am sorry, things are not that bad here. I love this country, everything it stands for and would die for it. Every time I say that.....everyone says, what does dying for a county do for you? its not for me....its for everyone else that lives in this FREE SOCIETY.

We have been given the job of the world police. A job I believe belongs to the UN.. Trust me, the US would gladly give this job back. The problem is the UN can't do the job. Too much moeny in the hands of the UN and things go bad....oil for food ring a bell? all the moeny and food given to the countries of Africa end up in the hands of the warlords. The UN is doing a great job in Darfur. Do you want us involved in Darfur? I am sure the US could brandish its power and snap some civility into the country. After we are done, or even before we finish everyone will be calling for the expulsion of the Capitalist Americans.

Its a no win proposition for the US, and we would gladly give it to someone else........Anyone gonna stand up and take the job??

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I think the question really should be about Deluded Forum Posters.

So who do you think the good guys are? Russia? China? North Korea? Iran? Cuba? al-Qaeda? bin Laden?

Why not start with a list of your good guys so we can compare.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I think the question really should be about Deluded Forum Posters.

So who do you think the good guys are? Russia? China? North Korea? Iran? Cuba? al-Qaeda? bin Laden?

Why not start with a list of your good guys so we can compare.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join