It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dark Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
ok let me start off by saying hi aand this is my first post on here. anyways to the topic.

When i turned 18, I moved in with my grandmother. she gave me the upstairs bedroom and everything was great for the first 6 months. then one morning in june i was awaken by a large thump. when i raised to see what it was a large man was standing my doorway. he had no distictive marks about him, but I jus new it was guy. after a few minutes, I blinked and he was gone. 2 weeks later someone in my family died. he appeared again in april of the following year. like before 2 weeks later someone i knew died. this still happens to this day evertime i spend the night with my grandmother and it only happens in that one doorway. i might ought to mention that he never comes into the room, just stands in the doorway.

so does anyone know why this happens?

[edit on 14-10-2007 by cowboyfromhell728]

Ack

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You don't seem too overly impacted by two people in your family dying. Almost as if they were flies dropping off. I call insta-shenanigans.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cowboyfromhell728

I immediately thought of the grim reaper... or any equivalent. It seems strange that he would only appear to you in your grandmother's house before someone you knew died. I dunno what to make of it. If it was long enough ago, I understand why you wouldn't be upset still, so I'm not gonna call shananigans quite yet. However, what are some of the thoughts you have on the matter?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Maybe because "when I was 18 I moved in with my grandmother"...not exactly an ideal move for someone newly emancipated.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thanks for replying. i moved in because my grandmother was hit by a electric company truck. which crushed her ankle and she under went surgey to have it regraphed. so i was only there to help her out and as for not showing much feeling it was over four years ago.

the grim reaper. i thought about that as well, but the feeling i get when i see him is rather calming.

so i don't have a clue as what to do.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How about closing your door

But seriously, I don't think there's much you can do and I don't see why you'd want to do something, it isn't threatening you or anything.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by NuclearHead]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It sounds sort of like The Black Dog in England or a Banshee, both appear (or scream
) when someone in your family is about to die. I also heard that they "attach" themselves to certain families and stay with them through all the generations of the family, and warn them when someone is about to pass away.
I would suggest you ask your grandmother about the "man" and if she knows about him.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I would recommend attempting to speak with him/it. Try to understand or figure out its intension's. Try to communicate verbally, mentally, or written. Ask him to come over, ask who he/it is, let him know your intension's are peaceful. What is your zodiac sign?

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Unlikely!

It sounds sort of like The Black Dog in England or a Banshee, both appear (or scream
) when someone in your family is about to die. I also heard that they "attach" themselves to certain families and stay with them through all the generations of the family, and warn them when someone is about to pass away.
I would suggest you ask your grandmother about the "man" and if she knows about him.

Banshee - ? No! Not unless you have Celtic ancestory.
This apparition is likely to be a custodian/guardian entity.
It seems to have no ill intent to the family and unlikely to be an omen of misfortune yet to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~ # ~~~~~~~~~~~ # ~~~~~~~~~~~~ # ~~~~~~~

new topics

top topics

join