It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball movie clip (coast to coast)...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hey all,

I was browsing the image archives of C to C, and came across this video.

Pretty amazing footage and story, has anyone talked about this one before?...

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This one looks really awesome. Flagged.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wow don't know what that is but its very interesting and unique.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
hey wow thats pretty nifty!!!

I wonder what it is, I'd love to hear some ideas

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Chiiru]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I am officially flummoxed. Unless NASA has started doing launchs from Oklahoma, I have no idea what in God's name "that" is.....

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It looks really awesome, but IMO there is a 50/50 chance that this is just a police helicopter with its search light on in the clouds.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If you listen to the audio, it is extra creepy, I wish he had submitted the unedited footage where he points at his cattle and horses...

This one seems so authentic and strange...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

Impressive. If a fake, then it's a darn good one, with lens flares and other effects.

My question: why does it cut of when it does?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thats one of the most impressive UFO videos i have ever seen. I can honestly say i do not see anything that screams CGI.

disownedsky, he said he had to shorten it for size limits.

Thanks for showing this to us.

Now for the debunking if we can, as any best UFO investigators, we must look at ever video as fake before its real...

Now lets think about the Pros and Cons of what we know

Pros:
Real-looking
Story sounds legit
Not extensively known about, lends to the fact that he didn't advertise it.

Cons:
Lack of info of exactly where and who.
Why did he have a camcorder while repairing fences, at 2 am.

Anyone got anything else to add?

Josh

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The only plausible hoaxing I can think of is a night launch from a military base, but even that does not explain all of what we see,(and don't hear). The way the whole sky lights up when it flashes is amazing...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
flagged and starred.

Nice find! That's amazing and certainly doesn't look fake. I can't imagine what that could be, but doesn't look like spotlight of any kind to me.

That would scare the bejeezus outta me if I saw it out my back door haha.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
WOW! That is a pretty amazing video. At first glance it appears to be authentic.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
am i the only one who cant watch the video?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
yeah hard to tell what it is, but it moves around weird. Not like the last time I saw a helicopter light, that seems too yellow. Hope we can get the rest of the footage unedited and make a better judgement. Couldnt hear any animals though, and after living on a farm, that is something to think about. They dont shut the hell up. Probably just a grey lookin for some moo-moo genitalia!

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I have a question, are you all hearing any sound at all? I get no sound from it.

From what I can get, it would be a rocket launch. I regularly watch the shuttle go up from my street, I cannot hear it, but I can see it. Night launches are quite spectacular. I am about 98 miles as the crow flies from the launch pad. Now, I can imagine it would be much larger, but still silent even at half that distance. The clouds do play with the light in such a way.

So, my personal opinion is, the video is real. It is a real video of something being launched. What they have there to launch and why is beyond me, I will leave that to people who know of military exercises and experiments and for the others to make up grand conspiracy theories of what they are either putting up into space or if they are testing tracking abilities of radar equipment, anti-missle tech, etc. Could be any thing if speculation was left to the imagination. I just think it is a man made fueled rocket. I also think it is way too bright to be a chopper light, since, I have saw a lot of those chasing escaped prisoners from the county jail.

Of course, I am no expert, just relating what I interpret from my personal experiences living in Florida with tons of shuttle and rocket launches.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
That was pretty awesome. No idea what that is, but it looks like it affected the clouds/sky.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
That simply looks like a helicopter spotlight shining through the cloud cover. If you watch closely without thinking about aliens for a moment you can see the spotlight panning through the heavy cloud cover at the starting of the video. Which is why it 'moves weird'.

The exposure setting of the camera would make the 'shining' effect more pronounced. Also the heavy varying cloud and/or fog and/or suspended water vapour cover would make the light more volumetric or 'amplified'. Google 'light volumetrics effect'. Scattering lights through water vapour and bouncing and refracting it all over the place would give fantastic glowing effects. An analogy would be like shining a flashlight through a steam filled dark room/sauna, where the light would be refracted and bounced through and from microscopic water droplets.

The changing light hue from yellow-orange to white is due to the fact that there would be additional dust particle suspended near the horizon, scattering yellow-orange lights, like a sunset. However the lens flare is authentic.

This is just a case where a normal phenomena when captured using a hand-held-weekend barbeque-camera in a certain way under certain atmospheric condition would end up looking 'weird'.

Also there is one obvious proof that this is not an alien 'UFO'. Why did the camera stopped shooting when the 'object' was still visible? Looks to me the 'camera person' doesn't want the viewer to know what it actually was.

If this was a real alien UFO encounter, something that would be the most important in the history of mankind, why in the world would he want to cut a few seconds of the video? It simply makes no sense. His excuse is just stupid.

I've seen people did this in countless of fake ufo videos which turned out to be fake. Also why was the video edited? It jumps
from here to there for a moment. Looks like a botched job trying to cover something up. Seems VERY fishy to me...

Also the sound can be simply dubbed over using home video equipment in the 90s.

This rules out rockets too as there are no trailing exhaust glowing gas seen in rockets. Just a spot light source.

Definitely not an out of this world phenomena. No ets. No ufo. Just some earthlings playing with their technology. Why is it that some people have to shout "Aliens!" when they see modern human technology?

And folks. When analyzing videos, try not to think too much about little grey aliens, okay?

[edit on 13-10-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

I too live in Fl, about 80 (no sound from 80 neither) or so miles North of Kennedy Space Center, and I was gonna make nearly the same post so, I'll just agree with FTI's, and go with that as my guess as to what we're seeing here as well.

Looks like a Launch.

I guess if one were mre interested, they could check that guys location (I'm fairly certain he gave it), and see if there's any major bases, or instillations within 50 miles or so.

Still very nice looking. But I'd have to say not out of this world.

edits for spelling, probably missed a few anyway.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Nola213]

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Nola213]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Thats lens flare, thats why the object moved when the camera moved, this is SOOOOO obvious

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mysteryinthesky
am i the only one who cant watch the video?

No, it's kind of a hassle. Save the .asx file to your desktop, then open with Windows Media Player.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join