It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater drew weapons on American Soilders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Blackwater drew weapons on American Soilders

www.msnbc.msn.com

Oct. 15, 2007 issue - The colonel was furious. "Can you believe it? They actually drew their weapons on U.S. soldiers." He was describing a 2006 car accident, in which an SUV full of Blackwater operatives had crashed into a U.S. Army Humvee on a street in Baghdad's Green Zone. The colonel, who was involved in a follow-up investigation and spoke on the condition he not be named, said the Blackwater guards disarmed the U.S. Army soldiers and made them lie on the ground at gunpoint until they could disentangle the SUV.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
How can this happen? Who is holding them accountable?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I dont know why they would need to draw their weapons and force the soldiers to the ground while they untangled their vehicals. Unless there was something in that SUV they didnt want the troops to know about.

One military contractor, who spoke anonymously for fear of retribution in his industry, recounted the story of a Blackwater operative who answered a Marine officer's order to put his pistol on safety when entering a base post office by saying, "This is my safety," and wiggling his trigger finger in the air. "

This is like that conversation in Black Hawk Down in the mess hall between a Ranger commander and a Delta force troop. Unbelieveable.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i dont know if i could have stood by and let this happen if i were in the army and had some "contracted security" try to dis-arm me or my men....wouldn't happen!

MY war... the ARMY so they do what military say's.... atleast thats how it should be.... blackwater is making a big blackeye for the name of that firm.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
How can I put this..

If this is the case, the lunatics are running the asylum.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Makes you wonder what would have happened if a firefight did break out and resulted in loss of US Military Personelle. Would they face charges? If convicted, would they go to jail or just be fined and fired, free to return to Iraq under another PC? Its terrifying to think these mercs wander the streets of bagdhad unchecked. Especially since they actually put US personelle in danger.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
This is like that conversation in Black Hawk Down in the mess hall between a Ranger commander and a Delta force troop. Unbelieveable.

"Your gonna need my Rangers."

Look, I am no fan of Blackwater AT ALL but I am fan of the truth and we don’t know the situation.

If it was POTUS or any other high level VIP in the SUV then this makes sense.

And the thing about the post office. Well trained troops who enter combat almost daily know their weapons. They know the status of their weapons ALL THE TIME.

Those who never see combat like to pretend they are back in the U.S., from saluting to almost never loading a weapon. Anyone who has REALLY carried a weapon for a living knows it should stay loaded. And safeties on holstered pistols are a joke.

I remember a female LT. Colonel in BIAP (Baghdad International) started yelling at us for not following proper clearing barrel procedures as we entered the Bob Hope Chow hall. We had just been a major fire fight and BIAP was closer than our camp, we went there. My troop commander, two ranks and one class below the woman, told her what she could do to herself and we left. We ate cold MREs that night back at our own camp.

Real soldiers resent being told how to handle a weapon by any pencil pusher who gets a shower every week and eats Burger King in a combat zone.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
"Your gonna need my Rangers."

Thats the line! Good movie too.

Look, I am no fan of Blackwater AT ALL but I am fan of the truth and we don’t know the situation.

If it was POTUS or any other high level VIP in the SUV then this makes sense.

Very good point.

Those who never see combat like to pretend they are back in the U.S., from saluting to almost never loading a weapon. Anyone who has REALLY carried a weapon for a living knows it should stay loaded. And safeties on holstered pistols are a joke.

Real soldiers resent being told how to handle a weapon by any pencil pusher who gets a shower every week and eats Burger King in a combat zone.

I have to say, never having served, I trust your opinion on this issue over the reporters. But to me, it just seems there is a lack of respect from Blackwater to the US Troops. That is the issue i see here.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
i dont know if i could have stood by and let this happen if i were in the army and had some "contracted security" try to dis-arm me or my men....wouldn't happen!

Dude, I am sure the soldiers were unaware the "good guys" were gonna draw on them untill they had pistols in their faces.

You wouldnt have done anything cause you wouldnt have expected it.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Sickening what is happening over there. Get those world police/rent a soldiers out of there, get them out, get them out! (x1000000)

The fact that we could have such a type in the modern age is lunacy. The general population is either in poverty and dying or too engrossed in SCREENS (internet, cable, digital cable, movies) to care about the rest of the world.

Even the Marines want out of Iraq w/ a slight move to Afghanistan. Either way,
the main Generals want reduction, but the powers that steal elections want to ruin the world and are literally devils.

Blackwater is like a modern SS/SA and should be removed from existence.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me, I've heard speculation that Blackwater has, in the past, fired on our troops in order to instigate.

If that was true you'd have to ask yourself, how can ex-soldiers fire on their own? It takes a certain kind of warped mind which I'm sure is easily found in the special forces.

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Makes you wonder if Blackwater is behind all those hostages being kidnapped in Iraq....I remember hearing on the news that one witness said that kidnappers had military clothes on and were very tactical when they approached a humvee and took them as hostages....so makes me wonder if it was Blackwater......

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think this is the kind of situation that calls for a 500lb JDAM

I think that would deter these mercs from threatening US forces in the future.

SR

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Any element with suspectiable motives which are not clearly known or answerable to direct authority will always be a hinderance in any combat zone, The US soliders stationed there are only the good guys at the moment in the combat zone because they can afford the services of the company.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Makes you wonder exactly how many false-flag ops that Blackwater has perped on us - hostages, executions, "terror attacks" etc... I think that every single one of those pigs should be tried for war crimes! You would think that the day of the merc had ended over 100 years ago!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by harvosky

Can you be more specific in this kidnapping?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If they did decide to shoot at one another, I can see it being covered up as mistaken "friendly" fire.

One would have to wonder if the goverment would side with Blackwater or their own army, if the shooting occurred.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
With these actions taking place... wouldn't that make the Blackwater contractors an enemy combatant?

I'm willing to bet the Government will side with whomever "Corporate America" tells the Government to side with, considering it would be "they", whomever they are, are actually running this nation.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well isn't this the end result and the goal of Rumsfeld when in office, to render our military obsolete and replaced with a private army or mercenaries for hired.

He did a great job now our military should bend to the private army.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well isn't this the end result and the goal of Rumsfeld when in office, to render our military obsolete and replaced with a private army or mercenaries for hired.

He did a great job now our military should bend to the private army.

Its all volunteer army.

When the Cold War was over, well you know how things happen in any wars when they are over when reducing the military.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join