It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
"We know in the not too distant future, a half dozen corporations are going to control the media.
We took this step (merger) to ensure we were one of them"--Time Warner spokesperson.

After reading this quote, it got me thinking. Half of what you see in the main media is probably put out for a purpose more then news. How much propaganda are we being fed every day?

One thing I really wanted to research is the upcoming election.

This is what we need to figure out, which companies 'own' the media.

From there we will get more answers, and I wanted to see how many of these companies have donated to the Hillary Clinton Presidential Campaign.
She is covered the most by the media, and I think there could be a connection.

I think if we figure out which companies control the media, we will begin to see a more twisted profitable pattern of investments along with the stories.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Who owns what

I found the above link after googling 'who owns the media?'. Perhaps this will assist you in your quest

EDIT - Another link that elaborates further on exactly who owns what.
Behind the research

[edit on 12-10-2007 by quintar]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Oh look what I found:

HILLARY CLINTON (D-NY)
Top Contributors

1 Citigroup Inc $228,110
2 Goldman Sachs $193,570
3 Metropolitan Life $154,850
4 Time Warner $136,630

I might be on to something here, I had a gut feeling the media was contributing financially to her campaign. But its so more more then just financial....

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
To add more info about AOL Time Warner:

.."The combination will be, for better or worse, the world's biggest media conglomerate (of which Time [magazine] will be a part). It's a vast empire of broadcasting, music, movies and publishing assets, complemented by AOL's dominant Internet presence, all fed to consumers, ultimately, through Time Warner's cable network. Think of it as AOL Time Warner Anywhere, Anytime, Anyhow."

— Time magazine, December 25, 2000

Source

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh so it gets even deeper....this is getting good. Rupert Murdock owns Fox News.

The media is donating their money and stories to push the vote on the ignorant public.

Rupert Murdoch Loves Hillary Clinton

[edit on 12/10/07 by xstealth]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is the reason Ron Paul isn't being discussed much in the mainstream media, it appears they are all supporting Hillary Clintons election campaign.

Any comments?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Why Fox News is biased: Murdock.

Yes, Ron Paul is going to continue having a hard time reaching the people. I created a thread today about him actually but it got moved to AbovePolitics: here.

So lets not get into politics here.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
And so it continues....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I should see who owns New York Times, and how they are involved here.

top topics

join