It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Silences Conservative View as Hate Speech!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I highly recommend reading The Origins of Political Correctness by Bill Land.

Here's an excerpt:

The Origins of Political Correctness

An Accuracy in Academia Address by Bill Lind

Variations of this speech have been delivered to various AIA conferences including the 2000 Consevative University at American University

Where does all this stuff that you've heard about this morning � the victim feminism, the gay rights movement, the invented statistics, the rewritten history, the lies, the demands, all the rest of it � where does it come from? For the first time in our history, Americans have to be fearful of what they say, of what they write, and of what they think. They have to be afraid of using the wrong word, a word denounced as offensive or insensitive, or racist, sexist, or homophobic.

We have seen other countries, particularly in this century, where this has been the case. And we have always regarded them with a mixture of pity, and to be truthful, some amusement, because it has struck us as so strange that people would allow a situation to develop where they would be afraid of what words they used. But we now have this situation in this country. We have it primarily on college campuses, but it is spreading throughout the whole society. Were does it come from? What is it?

We call it "Political Correctness." The name originated as something of a joke, literally in a comic strip, and we tend still to think of it as only half-serious. In fact, it�s deadly serious. It is the great disease of our century, the disease that has left tens of millions of people dead in Europe, in Russia, in China, indeed around the world. It is the disease of ideology. PC is not funny. PC is deadly serious.

If we look at it analytically, if we look at it historically, we quickly find out exactly what it is. Political Correctness is cultural Marxism. It is Marxism translated from economic into cultural terms. It is an effort that goes back not to the 1960s and the hippies and the peace movement, but back to World War I. If we compare the basic tenets of Political Correctness with classical Marxism the parallels are very obvious.

First of all, both are totalitarian ideologies. The totalitarian nature of Political Correctness is revealed nowhere more clearly than on college campuses, many of which at this point are small ivy covered North Koreas, where the student or faculty member who dares to cross any of the lines set up by the gender feminist or the homosexual-rights activists, or the local black or Hispanic group, or any of the other sainted "victims" groups that PC revolves around, quickly find themselves in judicial trouble. Within the small legal system of the college, they face formal charges � some star-chamber proceeding � and punishment. That is a little look into the future that Political Correctness intends for the nation as a whole.

Indeed, all ideologies are totalitarian because the essence of an ideology (I would note that conservatism correctly understood is not an ideology) is to take some philosophy and say on the basis of this philosophy certain things must be true � such as the whole of the history of our culture is the history of the oppression of women. Since reality contradicts that, reality must be forbidden. It must become forbidden to acknowledge the reality of our history. People must be forced to live a lie, and since people are naturally reluctant to live a lie, they naturally use their ears and eyes to look out and say, "Wait a minute. This isn't true. I can see it isn't true," the power of the state must be put behind the demand to live a lie. That is why ideology invariably creates a totalitarian state.........

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ar71015

Excellent post!

Yes, you\'ve hit on the foundation of political correctness -the obsession for every special interest group to jump to the front of the Official Victim Line.

Yes, blacks were victims of racism in America. They fought hard battles to get injustices corrected. They received special treatment to make up for the injustices.

Then, every other group in the world sought to become designated as victims. Why? Because there is money in being a victim.

Hate Speech was invented to cement their victim status. A mother can beat her kids skulls in with a rock or drown her kids in a bathtub and they are considered victims (the mothers, not the kids). But if a white man beats up a black man or a gay man, he gets a stiffer sentence because it\'s now called a Hate Crime.

Why is it a Hate Crime? Because the victim of the crime was part of an officially sponsored group of Victims declared by the government.

See, that\'s all Hate Crimes and Hate Speech refers to -actions against people already designated as Victims. This entire culture has become a contest to see who can be seen as the biggest Victim.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ya know I am really appalled that you people can sit there and justify spewing hate as if its alright.

You throughly disgust me.

You know damned good and well what a hate crime is and you refuse to condemn it not because of the first amendment... you refuse to condemn it because so many on the right use it so often.

Ann Coulter, Micheal Savage and so many right wing blah blah blahs spew their poison every which way and its alright with you.

BUT... if one of us on the left calls you on it... all of a sudden you don't know what it is or right it off to "humor".

Disgusting. Throughly disgusting. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Ya know I am really appalled that you people can sit there and justify spewing hate as if its alright.

You know damned good and well what a hate crime is and you refuse to condemn it not because of the first amendment... you refuse to condemn it because so many on the right use it so often.

Ann Coulter, Micheal Savage and so many right wing blah blah blahs spew their poison every which way and its alright with you.

BUT... if one of us on the left calls you on it... all of a sudden you don\'t know what it is or right it off to \"humor\".

I think your post is an example of hate speech, Grover. I would watch it if I were you. It fits your own definition perfectly.

Here is the difference between us, Grover. Yes, it is alright with me for Coulter and Savage to say whatever they want. It is also ok with me for Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakahn and others to say whatever they want.

With you, it is NOT ok for Savage and Coulter to say what they want, but if the person spewing the hate is a liberal democrat like yourself, well that is a different story.

Want to stop hate speech? Sign up at MoveOn.org and start with them.

And as an aside, once again it is not surprising that you offer not rational, logical, or persuasive argument for your position. Instead you get into the insults, attacking people instead of discussing the topic -just like I predicted you would.

You see liberals like you are so predictable. I think the foundation is this sense of entitlement that everything should be the way you want it, and everybody should act the way YOU decide they should.

When something does not go your way, you rant and rave like a spoiled child.

Why not try to put forth a rational argument of how the Constitutional guarantee of free speech should be amended. Or why laws against Hate Speech should be allowed in spite of the 1st Amendment.

We all will be waiting, but not holding our breath, for your logical, well-reasoned argument.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I do not agree with someone who spews hate. And that would include someone calling a race evil like the KKK or a religion evil like some label Islam. I am a Christian, but from my view much of the Rhetoric on Iran could also be hate speech.

I only am saying hate is in the eye of the beholder, we should refuse to embrace it. We should not censor it, on the contrary we should let the haters speak. Why? this reveals who they are. We should learn to think on many levels and from many perspectives. Hate speech hurts the haters if it is viewed by someone who does not just accept what they hear.

Of coarse if a society is trained to hear and then believe, instead of hear and think, then hate speech is not good. So lets not remove those who reveal their evil motives. Lets have them expose the wrongness of their own cause. Lets teach people to think past prejudice and group think. Think for yourself, and believe what you chose, but never hide behind silence because in your heart you know your beliefs to be wrong. Nor should we help them hide with censorship.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjohns

Originally posted by grover

BUT... if one of us on the left calls you on it... all of a sudden you don't know what it is or write it off to "humor".

I think your post is an example of hate speech, Grover. I would watch it if I were you. It fits your own definition perfectly.

Here is the difference between us, Grover. Yes, it is alright with me for Coulter and Savage to say whatever they want. It is also ok with me for Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakahn and others to say whatever they want.

With you, it is NOT ok for Savage and Coulter to say what they want, but if the person spewing the hate is a liberal democrat like yourself, well that is a different story.

Want to stop hate speech? Sign up at MoveOn.org and start with them.

And as an aside, once again it is not surprising that you offer not rational, logical, or persuasive argument for your position. Instead you get into the insults, attacking people instead of discussing the topic -just like I predicted you would.

You see liberals like you are so predictable. I think the foundation is this sense of entitlement that everything should be the way you want it, and everybody should act the way YOU decide they should.

When something does not go your way, you rant and rave like a spoiled child.

Why not try to put forth a rational argument of how the Constitutional guarantee of free speech should be amended. Or why laws against Hate Speech should be allowed in spite of the 1st Amendment.

We all will be waiting, but not holding our breath, for your logical, well-reasoned argument.

You really have proved my point. Thank you.

I don't approve of any hate speech from the left or the right. At the same time I am not about to call for the silencing of anyone either, nor have I.

To say what I said is hate speech totally misconstrues what I wrote, which was to express my personal disgust at the whole matter as is my right. As is your right.

Nowhere in any of my posts or threads have I urged people, publicly, or privately to hate anyone else, conservative or liberal, black or white or tired to incite anyone to violence.

Go to the thread about Al Gore winning the Nobel or the one about Jimmy Carter and read what some of you on the right have written about them. Or for that matter what you people have said and written about the Clinton's. Yet if one of us on the left write anything derogatory about bush minor, its hate speech and an example of liberal hypocrites.

Like I have said before and I will say it again... you know good and well what hate speech is.

Need I define it for you again? It is the PUBLIC slandering or the inciting to violence towards another segment of the population.

For me to say PRIVATELY that all conservatives are asses would be expressing my opinion.... One by the way I do not hold. For me to say PUBLICLY that all conservatives are asses and should all be shot or rounded up and placed in internment camps as Ann Coulter did (about liberals), is loathsome.

For me to say PRIVATELY that all blacks are idiots would be expressing my opinion (which it is not). For me to say PUBLICLY that all blacks are idiots and should be fixed before they breed any more is also loathsome.

To say either PUBLICLY and then to urge others to actually carry it out is hate speech.

I am not ranting and raving about it; I am calling you on it.

If I read you correctly; it would be perfectly acceptable in your opinion to do that; to PUBLICLY incite people to hate others or to urge them to acts of violence.

All societies have their bounds and limits and to PUBLICLY incite hatred or violence towards ANY segment of society by another is generally considered unacceptable.

Thats what the NAZIS did. Thats what the KKK does. Thats what the John Birch Society does.

That is NOT what civilized people do.

As for Move On... I couldn't give a rats ass about them or any political action group. I don't support or pay any attention to any of them. I don't need them to tell me what to think.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by grover]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ar71015

My favorite thing in the world, are essays written by people who base them on essays written by other people, who based their own on letters to the editor made by someone who read an essay written by some turd at the Heritage Foundation.

"Cultural Marxism"? What's that, exactly? Each person participates in cultural activity and everyone partakes of it according to his need? Does that mean art museums and bluegrass festivals no longer have an admittance fee, or something?

"Ivy-covered North Koreas"? Well, maybe if we're talking about Regent University, which is entirely founded on a cult of personality, only one view is allowed, and outsiders are forbidden entry... Generally whenever you see a statement like this one, accusing Colleges of being *snicker* totalitarian despotisms... What the writer is actually lamenting is the fact liberal opinions are not silenced with violence.

"All ideologies are totalitarian... EXCEPT CONSERVATIVISM, THAT IS!" - Okay, I'm just going to crawl off laughing now.

ar71... do you really take this silly drek seriously?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The people, who rule this continent don't care about how we feel when they're trying to control our minds & bodies. They're our enemies. The internet is their toy.

Don't be surprise when they do anything against us.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join