It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuked on Feb 2,2004

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
But if a nuke did go off, depending on the wind direction it would kill closer to 500.000 people within the first 24 hours. Downtown is 7 miles north of the stadium. If the wind blew to the east it would irradiate the port. If the wind were to blow west then Ex President Bush Sr. would be killed by the fall out along with several 100 thousand other people that reside in the Galleria area about 6 or 7 miles west. If the wind blew south then it would contaminate everything between the stadium and the Gulf of Mexico for years to come not to mention it would distroy the entire Gulf fishing industry.

Plus all the natural gas stored in salt domes around the city would start chain reacting, you know where I am talking about , along S Post Oak down by where the trains unload. Big BOOM waiting to happen

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
no it cant happen if it does go down like black sunday then there will be no more bootylicous beyonce, now tht will be a national treasure lost.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
if a city is to disappear it will probally be houston.

That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, IMO.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
Plus all the natural gas stored in salt domes around the city would start chain reacting, you know where I am talking about , along S Post Oak down by where the trains unload. Big BOOM waiting to happen

How do you figure that? Aren't the domes located in the bedrock?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
either way this is not shaping out to be a good scenario in whatever way u can think of. Just too many things goin wrong that the officer being shot by the plant is the thing that most worries me. It shaping out to be one of those days i worry all day and stay on ats for any leads. Umm Val does this go along with the one threat that we dicussed awhile back with the hoover dam???

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The thing is I personally haven't heard any replies form the government concerning this,(Has anybody else?)I have seen an article here and there. This,at least to me,questions wether or not they take any threat seriously. Especially something of this manner. Imagine if they pulled it off(which I Don't think they will) what would Hairpie, I mean Bush have to say to defend it? I know there is many a threat each and every day that pans out to be absolutely meaningless.

Great point on the Houston thing, here is something else that Might coincide with this.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
KrazyIvan may be right...it ties in with the security guard getting shot in texas...

(krazy ever heard of pockettanks?)

what the hell are pocket tanks?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
if the tv goes to static during the super bowl youll know what happened

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
You can try and educate us on the Islam religion all you want but for every building/city lost in the US, you can bet the middle east will lose an entire country. They declared war on the US and we can damn sure bring it! Justify this action or that and spew that crap all you want but reality is reality and one by one, they are all being made to face it. Now, I know you're going to come back with all this mass propaghanda but spare me and the rest of us we've heard it before. It doesn't change the way things are. Big talk is just that, big talk.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I've been concerned about the 02/02 date for awhile, note that when its 02/02 in middle east its still the 1st here.

My original post on this subject;

Houston is a major city with a large refinery and chemical plant infrastruture with petroleum and natural gas pipelines. I find it interesting that no news of possible threats or extraordinary security have come out of there on national news sources, its like a void in this respect.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

How do you figure that? Aren't the domes located in the bedrock?

Yes Sir they are..but as anyone who lives/has lived in Houston can tell you, Security around these facilities is minimal. There are access point to the salt domes (that how they get the gas out, some of the domes are HUGE if you could set one off, in theory they could chain react.

I have a few links where they have studied the dangers of a "leaking" salt dome. (this particular one is related to nuclear waste leaking though)

www.cpeo.org...

"He is concerned that the walls could collapse and cause cave-ins. One pipeline corridor on the northwest side of the dome has 100 pipelines traveling through it in close proximity.

"If anything happened on the dome, it could have world impact on the petrochemical industry," Mr. Lee says. "Pipelines in Mont Belvieu travel to just about everywhere in the US.""

www.findarticles.com...

"12.25 USA Grand Bayou, Assumption Parish, LA. Gulf South Pipeline. Twenty-three homes were evacuated after natural gas started leaking from a well which taps into a salt dome cavern. Boots & Coots International Well Control and PB Energy Storage Services were brought in to control the leak. A spokesman for Gulf South said the source of the leak turned out to be two cracked casings in the well. One of the two cracks was found at a depth of 650 feet and the second at 1,450 feet. Both leaks occurred in the salt dome structure some distance above the cavern accessed through the well for natural gas storage. "

www.saunalahti.fi...

Now imagine if someone could cause the leak, or introduce just a medium size explosive into the dome itself.

BOOM.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
But if a nuke did go off, depending on the wind direction it would kill closer to 500.000 people within the first 24 hours. Downtown is 7 miles north of the stadium. If the wind blew to the east it would irradiate the port. If the wind were to blow west then Ex President Bush Sr. would be killed by the fall out along with several 100 thousand other people that reside in the Galleria area about 6 or 7 miles west. If the wind blew south then it would contaminate everything between the stadium and the Gulf of Mexico for years to come not to mention it would distroy the entire Gulf fishing industry.

Something else we forgot totally. What's next door to the stadium? Why the largest cancer treatment faculty on the planet, the Houston Medical Center Complex.

People come from all over the world to get treated there. They also have the finest heart surgons in the world there.

The terrorist would not only blow up the Super Bowl but they would blow up most of the top 1 percent of doctors this side of the border as well. There would be no medical response because they would all be dead, most of them anyway.

Boy it would be the best target for 02/02 thinking about it. Anyway, see you at the game.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
*wanders into the room wearing white coat and doctor garb*

*AHEM*

Ladies and gentlemen, we here at the ATS Centre for the prevention of paranoia and infectious diseases have a startling new announcement, it seems due to this badly rendered video of independence day and deep impact you have all become prone to a brand new medical condition discovered by our advanced psychics and mediums.

This new virus is named "Sum of all fears rampant terrorist fearing paranoia syndrome" or SOAFRTFPS, symptoms include being open to just about anything bad happening yet failing to see the underlying truth that its just a badly rendered video used to inspire jihad monkeys.

For a cure i must recommend browsing ATSNN for real news about situations and a healthy glass of brandy.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
You can try and educate us on the Islam religion all you want but for every building/city lost in the US, you can bet the middle east will lose an entire country. They declared war on the US and we can damn sure bring it! Justify this action or that and spew that crap all you want but reality is reality and one by one, they are all being made to face it. Now, I know you're going to come back with all this mass propaghanda but spare me and the rest of us we've heard it before. It doesn't change the way things are. Big talk is just that, big talk.

Well it appears to me that you are the one who is repeating propaganda. What you've just said is exactly what Bush told the American sheeple, that the islamic terrorists are behind this. It's also exactly what HITLER told the German sheeple, that communists are responsible for the reichstag fire (history shows he did it). So as you can see, you can repeat this stuff, but it doesn't make it any more true.

If you consider motives and who benefits, all the red arrows point to our little government. Islam terrorists who care about their people KNOW that by blowing up 2 buildings in the USA they won't cause too much harm, and that USA will retaliate and whipe the floor with them and ALL of their Islamic friends.. the terrorists are not idiots. But then you think about it, our government itself had a motive! If they only blew up 2 buildings and blamed it on WHOEVER THEY WANT (they don't reveal their intelligence, they just say what it is and act on it) they get to takeover and rule any country they want with NO opposition from anyone including its own people. The people who paraded around are ignored, they pose no threat.

Next, the government didn't only have the motive... it also benefited greatly. We gained 2 countries, took over massive oil fields, established military bases in those countries for strategic advantage against anyone else in Europe.. so that we can fight our next war easy.. we already have troops off shore. Don't forget the 179 countries or whatever that we have bases in.. suspicious, like someone is really planning something wouldn't you agree? This isn't your casual "let's put bases everywhere just in case".. this is more of a "let's put bases everywhere because they will be the key to establish our NWO or you name it.. the govt ALWAYS HAS A PLAN".

Nothing that happens in politics is ever an accident, and you can bet your ass that it was planned that way. This includes EVERYTHING including how the election turns out. It's a big stage show, for the people, like hollywood. The people don't have the slightest clue about what really goes on and how our government really works, and who is REALLY in charge etc. They THINK the government works the way they are taught in highschool, but they're in for a big surprise

You don't ask the guilty if he is responsible, he'll always point the finger at anyone but himself. That's not how objective courts work, you look for evidence, motive, actions, and ask everyone else around the guilty party... and if they all lead to the guilty party, no one cares what HE thinks or says. Why then do we take our government's word for everything? What happened to objective analysis? (I'm not implying ATS by saying "we" necessarily, I mean people in general)

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
*wanders into the room wearing white coat and doctor garb*

*AHEM*

Ladies and gentlemen, we here at the ATS Centre for the prevention of paranoia and infectious diseases have a startling new announcement, it seems due to this badly rendered video of independence day and deep impact you have all become prone to a brand new medical condition discovered by our advanced psychics and mediums.

This new virus is named "Sum of all fears rampant terrorist fearing paranoia syndrome" or SOAFRTFPS, symptoms include being open to just about anything bad happening yet failing to see the underlying truth that its just a badly rendered video used to inspire jihad monkeys.

For a cure i must recommend browsing ATSNN for real news about situations and a healthy glass of brandy.

And of course you'd think the REAL terrorists will create a well-rendered video, using their OWN graphics software on their own powerful computers because they're so good at this whole graphics thing? I mean, if you wanted to make a video of this sort, and you're a real terrorist, what do you do? You steal it from other videos! Why not?

This could be either real or not, but just because it's badly rendered, poor quality, and ripped from popular american end-of-the-world movies, means nothing in itself!

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Instead of a nuclear attack I think the real risk is a biological attack.

Think about it. For the price of a Superbowl ticket a terrorist can come in sit down and with a spray bottle full of some air borne pathogen infect 100,000 people that will further infect more. So instead of just killing 100,000 people they would kill far more.

Instead of coming in with a spray bottle the terrorist himself could be infected with small pox and spread it that way. There is no way to detect this at the gates and no way to stop it.

This is what we really need to worry about IMO.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Instead of a nuclear attack I think the real risk is a biological attack.

Think about it. For the price of a Superbowl ticket a terrorist can come in sit down and with a spray bottle full of some air borne pathogen infect 100,000 people that will further infect more. So instead of just killing 100,000 people they would kill far more.

Instead of coming in with a spray bottle the terrorist himself could be infected with small pox and spread it that way. There is no way to detect this at the gates and no way to stop it.

This is what we really need to worry about IMO.

Tom Clancy fan?

It would be the hardest thing to stop. To maximize add 20 (terrorist) of them instead of just one.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We also wouldn't know the biological effects for a good 10 days due to the incubation period and in that time these people could transmit the disease all over the world.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Tom Clancy fan?

It would be the hardest thing to stop. To maximize add 20 (terrorist) of them instead of just one.

You got me

But I think that it is highly possible and the most likely form of the next attack on the US. I think terrorists will turn to this form of attack because of heightend security measures detering convential methods of attacks.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
You got me

But I think that it is highly possible and the most likely form of the next attack on the US. I think terrorists will turn to this form of attack because of heightend security measures detering convential methods of attacks.

Maybe those new entry procedures to the country they want to put in place will include some type of rapid answer biological test....they could still come across illegally though.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join