It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it like to be a 'Woman'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
why why?

or better yet...

Y Y

As many have said:

Why not?

Why not have the female form be a ruling factor in society?

Why not have the female chromosome have equal liberties?

Why should a female be 'sub human' or 'sub culture' or 'sub anything'?

Why indeed.

There are many questions surrounding this.

It has been once suggested:

"Should females have been blessed with tthe same desicsion making factors that male pocess, then perhaps the world would be in a different place."

Perhaps females have been blessed with these same decision making factors. I tend to think so.

Perhaps if females had had a crucial desision making process ...along side with males, then this world wouldn't be the way it is now.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I am a woman.

I think that there are times when a woman's thoughts should be included in our jurdicial system.

I believe that congress/parliament, excludeds the rights/needs of women.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I see many women in our governmental systems, and yet I see these same women trade off.../Pay offf.....to keep silent/to keep quiet. when it boils down to actual law keeping.

How many women are held in esteem, in the government?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What is it like to be a woman?

hmm.....

I see a few women in parliament (not much is published about them), these 'few women' are on the backburner's of society.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What is it like to be a woman?

This is my soul view.

Being a woman in the 'north american view' akin to europe.

I'm disgusted.

I see women being 2nd players/a third wheel to the most important views that beheld a democratic society.

I see that women are not really being treated fairly

Go ahead...take a poll...

Look at our voting polls.

There are more men in the 'running', then any female counterparts.

Listen to me...

before you up and run...

Don't you all think that from the get go...from day 1, that if females were in the deciding factor, if we had a hand in things from day 1, that this world would be a better place?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

[edit on 10-10-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
i do believe that women have a different point of view and tend to look at problems differently than men do. I read somewhere that it is recomended that there be at least three women in corporate board, they said that the businesses with at least 3 women making decisions were more profitable.
but i don't think i agree with one single woman being the decision maker. it is well known that women make decisions based on emotions and thus this is not a good thing when ruling a country.
just mho

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by icybreeze

Icybreeze, to whom is that well-known??? Certainly not to women. So we have your thread saying that pedophiles are gay, and now this comment about how women can't make decisions because their emotions get in the way. I thought trolls and troglodytes weren't allowed on the boards?
I'm starting to wonder who else you will be insulting next.

Has it ever occurred to you that women may be BETTER decision-makers BECAUSE we are in touch with our emotions? For instance, maybe we wouldn't have to have wars any more??? Ya know, you give new meaning to the term "pinhead".

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady

I thought trolls and troglodytes weren't allowed on the boards?
Ya know, you give new meaning to the term "pinhead".

and i didn't think name calling and singling out individuals like you did was allowed either.

if you noticed on the above post i stated it was my humble opinion. we all have opinions ma'am. you dont have to agree with them and you dont have to call me names and go on a personal attack like you did.

nice meeting you too.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   

IB, you can flap your lips all you want, but the truth is that YOU have offended ME to begin with, by indicating that women are inferior decision-makers. That's a far bigger insult than anything I've said to you. I stand by my words, you're a bigot and a pinhead (i.e. same thing as a bigot in case you didn't know.) How is calling you on your ignorance an insult?

I would like to point out that I've been on this board for 2 years. Never once have I ever been called out by staff or mods for anything I've said. I've never received so much as one warning during my 2 years here, yet you've been here all of 10 days and have 2 warnings. You've insulted and offended alot of people here in only 10 days; I think you need to look at your own behavior before casting stones at me.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Alright.... move on, get back on topic and remember...

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by icybreeze
but i don't think i agree with one single woman being the decision maker. it is well known that women make decisions based on emotions and thus this is not a good thing when ruling a country.
just mho

What a crock. All decisions are based on some form of emotion... this notion that men are somehow immune to it is cow manure. You think bush minor used logic in his decision to invade Iraq? Hardly...."They tried to kill my daddy!" Besides the fact that there was never any proof of that, just a Saudi claim that they had broken up a cell. bush minor is the most illogical and emotion wracked leader we've had. So should he be disqualified?

... Wait a minute. You might be on to something.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

i would love to debate this issue with you but i already have two bangs! against me so i think i will stay away from controversial subjects for a few days..who knows maybe when my bangs! are removed and i have a clean slate we can try it again?

cheers

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Interesting.
Many emotions stem from hormonal responses.. while this may influence a womans opinions under some circumstances.. we all know what alot of men think with.
Many wars are in essence just alpha male pissing contests.

[edit on 13-10-2007 by riley]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

NO WE MAY NOT. I have no more use for misogynists than I do racists.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

NO WE MAY NOT. I have no more use for misogynists than I do racists.

wow and yet another woman that is "not" too emotional to have civil debate...i wonder how that would go over at the UN?

(question to mods, why is it she can call refer to me as "misogynists" and "racists" and not be warned? does this not violate the standards?)

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I am a man.

I referred to you as a misogynist. Not a racist, unless proven otherwise.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by grover]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

I am a man.

I referred to you as a misogynist. Not a racist, unless proven otherwise.

oh, pardon me, i guess it is ok to call someone a misogynist then??? cool
then you miss, are a MISOGYNIST!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Staff has attempted to push this thread back on topic, but those participating have ignored our wishes. Unless someone contacts me with one hell of a reason to why this thread should remain open, it is going to be closed.

ATS, and all of you, are better than this. When cooler heads prevail, please come back and read each of the posts here, and see what you think of your approach.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join