It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

inventor claims car running on air.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
cnn reports that a inventor claims a car running on air and got 30 patent to protects its invention.
edition.cnn.com...

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm very surprised!!! That Cnn is covering that. Better read it while it lasts...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yeah, I read about this a few monts ago, it runs on compressed air.

I first heard about it on my favorite forum: sanangeles.net

and here's a link to the air car site:

theaircar.com

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The only interesting thing i noticed was the piston.

Other then that, ZZZzzzzz.......

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
All I know is... Is that is one ugly-ass car! You won't see me driving that piece of crap unless the shell of my favorite car, Dodge Viper GTS Coupe, is put over the Engine. Otherwise, this is a useless invention for me.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I dont care if that thing runs on air... there is no way in hell I would buy that ugly ass car.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The car's made to European style, that's why...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
U can obviously tell that it is a foreign car without looking at it. I mean, just look at it, it's ugly! I hope they change the look ogf the car before they bring it here, that is, IF they bring it here.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You guys are missing the point, the fact that the car runs on compressed air and not fuel is a major invention. The concept is what is proven not wether you or I would drive it. I think this is a step in the right direction.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This ugly-ass car is called a 'Smart' and in Holland for instance you'll find thousands of them on the road each day. This car was made for young people who live and work in the city. Recently they launched some new prototypes which are a little bigger. According to the website the Smart will be introduced in the US in 2006...

www.smart.com...

Sorry Dark Helmet

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That really sucks. Now that I can finally drive, my parents will probably end up buying me one of those. I guess I'll put a tarp over it then cut a small hole that I can see through.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
the newer smarts will get much more attention for looks.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I didn't know there are no Smarts in US.
Europe is full of them...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Closest things are the VW Beetles and the PT Cruisers, which I think are the ugliest cars in America right now.

tr

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It reminds me of a grasshoppers head. Still, I would love to have one just to screw the greedy oil companies out of their profits. Crude oil should be used for lubrication instead of burning.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

WTF ??????????

Did you ever drive ( or even just seen ) a BMW, a Porsche or an Audi ? I guess NOT ! Anyway I bet you drive a Japapaneeeee#.

P.S : And do not listen Megaquad. Europe is not full of SMART. Only some dumbass have bought that " car ".

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
We had a guy down here in Western Australia that invented an engine that ran on ..wait for it...H2O, yes folks, good old fashioned WATER..he was struggling to get backing to develop it further, and in the end I think the Seven sisters bought the patents and the rights to the engine, and If I recall correctly, the gentlemen in question was found dead a few months later....
I have nothing to back this message up at the moment, am not long out of bed, So I will see if I can find something throughout the day..(looks liek rain here anyway, good day for kicking back in front of the puter)
what I am getting at is, This car that runs on AIR, will only become big and popular if the oil companies say it can...what runs the compressor for teh air?
battery or small fuel driven engine?

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by Spica]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I don't think that the air-runner and the smart are the same thing.

Considering that the man who invented it did so within the last couple of weeks, and SMARTs have been out for a few years, and the SMARTs run on conventional fuel, they're just efficient, while this runs on an air-compressor.

They're different things, they just look similar.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

WTF ??????????

Did you ever drive ( or even just seen ) a BMW, a Porsche or an Audi ? I guess NOT ! Anyway I bet you drive a Japapaneeeee#.

P.S : And do not listen Megaquad. Europe is not full of SMART. Only some dumbass have bought that " car ".

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

Uhm... I was not talking about the luxury cars U-P.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Uhm... I was not talking about the luxury cars U-P.

Huuum...Do you mean there are cars who aren't luxurious ? I don't believe you. Each time I go to my BMW dealer, all the peoples there have all a BMW.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join