It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Extraterrestrial Beacons on Google Maps?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ok, but thanks for checking.

I have mailed the guy like I said so I hope I get a reply at some point as to why these things were not visible to humans as black objects. Ill post it here when it arrives so we can discuss it.

Peace.

Originally posted by icybreeze
well well well...somebody has a vivid imagination. so tell me,if they are back in space, why is there still a black void there? and also, why cant they be seen from earth as they float in space?

The images you see on google maps and google earth and so on are not updated very often. Thats why you still see the black rectangles on current maps, but I expect them to be gone when they update.

Not sure why they could not be seen from earth and did not appear as black objects when they were there. Personally I think they may use the same technology that alien ships use to conceal themselfs after a sighting (when they fade and disappear), or it may be some other technology.

I have mailed the guy and asked what he says about it like I say above.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

I hate to say this beause i really wanted it to be true, but i do think that you are clutching at straws with this one. none of those explanations sounds plausable.

the truth is that the image data was missing or badly stitched. I've seen this on some moon / mars pictures. If the data is missing off the google version its as you said "because they have not updated their maps" the microsoft one and others probably just used more up to date data.

sorry ...

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by scepticsRus

No need to be sorry. Isnt this entire board about having different opinions? I think it is. So if you feel like they are image errors, you are free to do so.

Can you provide some moon pictures that look like this btw?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Finally, someone who you can have a civil discussion with. you are absolutly right Copernicus everyone has their own opinion and that is very important.

anyway, i thought that i should at least show you what i mean about the image stitching

Looking at the image taken from the canada link below.

i've outlined the image stitched lines.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by scepticsRus

I agree. When looking at the google maps picture, its easy to see the lines on both sides of the black rectangle. It does actually look like a strip of missing data.

Thank you for showing it so clearly with a screenshot.

apc

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Look at the Western end to see what's going on.

I think HAARP isn't too far from there, and on the same trajectory too. Maybe the satellite got zapped and the camera crapped out.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by apc]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I agree with you, Fred.

As for the current "flap" about these monolithic blank spaces foisted upon us by the "Star Nations" as Alien "Beacons", we have one Dr. Richard Boylan PhD, (self) proclaimed earthly speaker for these, more than 1400, Alien Species.

Oh, for what it's worth, Dr. Rich's PhD is in Psychology. Unfortunately, he lost his license to practice in California for having naked hot tub sessions with his female patients.

Here are a couple more Off Site Links:

A Second Opinion

The Google Search Page

Oh, yea--almost fergot; I joined his Yahoo Group
--for the Fun and Entertainment Factor-- makes for some interesting, and hilarious, reading.

Have fun with this one, Folks.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Ed Littlefox]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
As anyone that uses his/hers head knows, Google is not the only available source of satellite photos of Earth.

Using FlashEarth I grabed these images.

1. Google Earth
img128.imageshack.us...

2. Microsoft VE (aerial)
img128.imageshack.us...

3. Yahoo Maps
img128.imageshack.us...

ArMaP, you're like a breath of fresh air!! Always coming up with some good analysis!
So that very well stitches up the 'conspiracy'.

And Copernicus, what was meant by 'monoliths'? As per the definition, a monolith is a 3-D object that is massive, solid, and uniform. I don't find any such object there.

'Beacon' means:

# A high hill near the shore.
# To give light to, as a beacon; to light up; to illumine.
# A signal fire to notify of the approach of an enemy, or to give any notice, commonly of warning.
# A signal or conspicuous mark erected on an eminence near the shore, or moored in shoal water, as a guide to mariners.
www3.thinkexist.com...

So what meaning do you ascribe to these so called 'beacons'? They fit none of them listed above. They just look like the proverbial missing pixels!

Anyway, ArMaP has already provided the answer. There are NO black patches in the area as seen in the Microsoft VE and Yahoo maps.

Cheers!

P.S. Richard Boylan has been a let down on this one!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Good Work ArtMap. That is positive proof it is nothing more then a glitch in google or the equipment of the Sat company

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
on the alaska link zoom out until u see a 4th beacon its only a small square but 1 none the less

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Copern, checking Google earth today (Sunday) and should you zoom out to the general area of northern Great Lakes and Greenland, there is a lot of cut/paste and Photoshop activity still at work there.

I tend to believe this article and maybe since these things were moved, they have earth-moving equipment, etc in the area cleaning it up and don't want people snooping around. ANYONE AT ALL IN ANY OF THESE AREAS?

Also, do you notice the water patch in this area that is a turquoise, clear blue which I thought could/only occurs in the south. Odd in this opinion.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

That would imply that the source that Google gets its images from is part of the cover up.

It says the image source is TerraMetrics, NASA. The same people who like to photoshop moon pictures.
So I think its possible that some things are being covered up in these maps, just like with the moon data.

Interesting.

Greenland have hardly any detailed terrain data at all...

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Oh, oh oh, good point Copern, I forget and I need to find something about this ASAP, have there been any threads about GREENLAND in general? I remember reading/seeing old maps that have the size of the country varying very widely and I remember in a Don DeDillo novel, I think Underworld, he mentions something like, "no one knows the size of Greenland"

-- still, are there any people in Greenland, the Alaskian area or Canada who could drive to these areas and see what's happening?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

No, the official story is that the country is 81% ice capped. Its strange that we dont get to see the ice on google maps though, isnt it...
Its all just a big blur...

When looking around for info about google maps and greenland, I find some sites claiming to show strange stuff, but today its all gone. I guess they decided to just block out most of greenland.

Wonder whats there.

Oddly, this corner of Greenland is badly covered by most available satellite imagery. Google Maps, Google Earth, Yahoo Maps, and other satellite coverage all show this area in blurry, low-resolution imagery

Source

Yeah, oddly. Or intentional. I guess it depends on your point of view.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I went into Goggle Earth and located the "beacon" in Canada and measured it with the ruler. The article stated that the beacon was 30 miles long. Well, his measurment was close: It was 28.33 miles long. I doubt that this is not real though. This guy just has a very good imagination, and he must've made all of this up. Why does the "beacon" not have the apperance of a 3D object? How has this not been spotted by anyone? This is just science fiction, unfortunately.

Ram

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I guess this thread is a - joke..

Copernicus & anhinga keep it up!

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Ram]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Why is this even a topic?
Google maps is derived from smaller satellite maps and stitched together like a jigsaw puzzle. Those black bars are just areas that didn't get stitched together properly as the other guy said.

I was going to post similar link from FlashEarth but he beat me to it.

Don't look too much into these petty images, not everything is a conspiracy.
Use your head pal.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CopernicusIts strange that we dont get to see the ice on google maps though, isnt it...
Its all just a big blur...
What were you expecting, ice cubes?

Look to all other areas covered in ice or snow and you will see that they look the same.

I know that I should say this because everyone is going to say that this is a conspiracy, but have you looked at the Antarctic?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Colonel Shadow? Counter Insurgency Team? The Cabal? Sounds like Metal Gear Solid.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Nope. Whats your explanation for not seeing the ice when we can see houses on a very detailed level? To me, it looks like someone has just taken a brush and painted over the center of Greenland. You cant make anything out.

Just tell me a good reason why.. im not sure its a cover up, so you may very well be able to educate me. Why can I see cars in London but no details whatsoever in Greenland, despite photos showing lakes, differences in height and so on?

You have to agree it looks like a big white brush used over Greenland... compare it with Antarctica and you see the major difference.

<< 1    3 >>

join