It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please welcome our newest Conspiracy "Pro," Scott Creighton

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Please join me in welcoming a new "Conspiracy Pro" to AboveTopSecret.com who will certainly bring an interesting perspective to an area of fascinating historical interest.

Scott Creighton (44) is an independent researcher and writer based in Glasgow, Scotland. For as long as he can remember, he has been drawn to the majesty and enigma that is the Pyramids of Giza, believing that the prevailing view of these mighty structures is far from giving us the complete picture.

Here's a little taste of Mr. Creighton's work:

The Giza Oracle: A New Theory Concerning the Design of the Pyramids of Giza
By © (2006) Scott Creighton

A new book released November 2006 is set to challenge the position of orthodox Egyptology by presenting a new paradigm for the pyramids of Giza. Entitled, The Giza Oracle, by independent researcher and writer, Scott Creighton, it presents a simple yet compelling solution to the mystery of the Giza Pyramid alignments and goes on to demonstrate how all 11 pyramids along with the Great Sphinx form a grand `Precession Wheel', indicating key dates from humankind's remote past - and, indeed, its future. In addition the book demonstrates links between Giza, Teotihuacan in Mexico, Xi'an in China and - peculiarly - the site of Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland.

It is only in relatively recent times that we have begun to view the Great Pyramids of Giza not as individual monuments but as part of a much larger scheme, a unified design. This concept was first proposed by the American architect J.A. Kane in a thesis entitled, "The Ancient Building Science." In his thesis Kane argues that the 3 Giza pyramids formed a single, unified master plan based upon geometrical and surveying principles derived from astronomical observations. Alas, Kane's ideas fell on deaf ears and the baton was picked up by the Egyptologist, Mark Lehner of Yale University. Although Lehner's study of the Giza site from 1984-1986 limited itself to the site's geomorphy, he later reported that there exists at Giza an obvious diagonal alignment that touches the south-east corner of all 3 pyramids. This became known as the `Lehner Line'.

The idea of a unified master plan of Giza was progressed still further by the academic, John Legon, whose paper was published in 1979 in the Reports of the Archaeology Society of Staten Island and also the Oxford Journal, Discussions in Egypt. Legon's work was of an intensely mathematical nature and demonstrated that the spatial relationship between the Giza 3 could not have arisen purely by chance alone.

Arguably the most widely-known unified design theory was that presented in 1994 by the writers Robert Bauval and Adrian Gilbert in their ground- breaking book, The Orion Mystery: Unlocking the Secrets of the Pyramids. In their book, Bauval and Gilbert present a theory whereby, circa 10,500BC, the Giza 3 were unified through an alignment with the 3 stars that form Orion's Belt. Uniquely, however, the `Orion Correlation Theory (OCT)' as it came to be known, attempted also to incorporate cultural and religious evidence as a main plank of the theory. Although today there are sceptics of this theory, the arguments still go on and will most likely continue to do so. In one way the theory presented in The Giza Oracle makes a return to the mathematical/astronomical proposals of the earlier researchers but with one major difference. Whereas other writers credited the Ancient Egyptians with the Giza design, the starting point for The Giza Oracle assumes that such designs for the plateau came from a much earlier, pre-dynastic time; a time before any cultural or religious beliefs had even formed. There are some hints that plans did indeed exist in the most ancient times.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Scott. I look forward to hearing your views. Don't be bashful, post often. We don't bite, at least not hard.

Glad you're here.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Welcome on board Steve I am fascinated with your discoveries and look forward to your future threads. Please jump in very soon!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hi Scott....

Welcome.... Johnny and I look forward to having you on the ATS MIX Show.

Dave

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Welcome Scott. I am very excited to have you here. I have recently taken interest in the Pyramids and the secrets they hide. I am very much looking forward to what you have to say!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Welcome aboard Scott! Glad to have you here...

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Welcome Scott!!!

I have been reading some of your posts here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And look forward to more of your research.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow, this should be pretty good. Now I admit I've run John Lear thru the wash, I really don't believe he's credible, and I'm pretty skeptical about the reptoid guy, but I think the evidence is pretty massive that Egyptology is in total denial mode about the true implications of Giza.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Scott Creighton, who is this guy?!? I guess i'll find out soon! I think I'm getting overloaded with information... i need to take a rest and watch some mindless television!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It would be good to see this cat in general conspiracy often, many threads there. Welcome scott, Good day sir!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hi Scott,

Welcome to ATS......very interested in this topic, so I'm looking forward to any insight that you can give.

Best Wishes...............

Rubyteacup

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Welcome Scott to the ATS. I can't wait to read your stuff.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hey Scott..

Welcome, and I am really looking forward to reading what you have to say

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Welcome to our fine establishment, I look forward to indulging in such delights.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Greetings, Mr. Creighton!

Welcome to the ATS family!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Welcome

Having had the good fortune to visit the Pyramids in person I look foreward to hearing more about them

I would also like to hear your take on the Sphinx as well if that is also an area of interest

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Great to have you here Scott! It's always thrilling to read and dissect other people's brains, see what making them tick...

Welcome to the insanity

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hey Scott big welcome to ATS, im very intrested in the whole Pyramid questions, carnt wait for you to post.

ProTo

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hello Bill,

Many thanks for the intro and to everyone else for your kind words and warm welcome. I feel it is appropriate at this point that I say a few words about my work.

As some of you on ATS will already know, my ideas regarding the Pyramids at Giza (Gizamids) are quite controversial and are viewed in some quarters as something bordering on heresy. I find this quite odd since my own work largely accepts the orthodox position that the Gizamids were likely constructed within the cultural/religious ideas of the 4th Dynasty Ancient Egyptians (AEs) as 'Tombs of the Pharaohs'.

However, where my work differs is that I present an argument that the layout of the structures at Giza could not have been planned by the AEs of the 4th Dynasty, albeit I accept that it is to these people that we must credit with the building of the structures.

The design, the groundplan, I believe encodes mathematical and astronomical "information" that simply was not known to the AEs. At Giza we are presented with advanced knowledge that is clearly out of time and place. So the question arises - if this knowledge was unknown to the Ancient Egyptians, how come we find it so plainly present in the Giza groundplan? How did it come to be there? And, the biggest and most important question of all, what is the purpose of encoding such information into the Giza groundplan?

I hope you will find the time to join me in this Forum to discuss these intriguing discoveries and their possible meaning and implications.

Very best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The topic is one of the most intriguing on the planet and I'll be reading your posts with interest.

Welcome to ATS

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join