It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A True Tale of Supernatural Terror: Cicada Nexus ("Rated" PG13)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
20. "Next state, Texas"

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
V. NOWHERE, TEXAS: Attack of the Trolls

God only knows where we ended up in Texas, but, pardon my expression, this place scared the s%@t out of me. The whole town looked like the Bates' Hotel, with burnt-out, crumbling buildings whose gaping mouths were horrendously silenced in death. Even the bus driver seemed horrified at the prospect of leaving the terminal in the dead of night.
The last thing I recall before passing out was the hundreds of troll dolls in the lobby, poised for attack....

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
21. "Haunted Texas town"

[edit on 17-10-2007 by tocs100]

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
22. "Nnnooo!"

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
23. "Gift shop clerk"

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
24. "Troll army"

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
25. "Troll army marches towards human prey"

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
VI. THE OZARKS: The Armpit of America

On our third suffocating day, Silverdog buslines generously bestowed upon us a thirty-minute rest period. At last, a hot meal was at hand.
Or so we thought. :bnghd:
What presented itself was a pinch-faced, cross-eyed, inbred troglodyte who thought she was God's gift to the intercontinental snack bar--and I'm using the term snack bar expansively. The reality consisted solely of the ubiquitous vending machine and a four-foot counter behind whch a row of, at least possibly, fresh candy bars were set in a proud display.

The desperately needed nutrition tantalizingly out of reach, the Ozark aborigine lorded over the counter awaiting the slightest excuse to pounce on the rightfully grouchy travelers, deny them access to the forbidden fruits, and thunderously announce "That does it: you're off the bus!!!"
This toothless thicket-woman was deranged enough to imagine she had the manic, criminal power to abandon hapless passengers in a desolate wasteland....just un-blinking-believable. By now, anyone with diabetes would have lapsed into a coma from lack of nutrition, and these ghouls seemed all-too-ready to "handle" any missing passengers (shudder).

[edit on 18-10-2007 by tocs100]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   
26. "Ozark denizens--was that a banjo I heard?"

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
27. "A third day without basic nutrition"

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
VII. THE MIDWEST: Two Punch-Drunk Loudmouths

"Blah, blah, blah, blah."
Slosh.
"Blah, blah, blah, blah."
Slosh.
The new, boxing-fanatic bus driver and his near-brain-dead boxing companion wouldn't shut up all through Missouri, Illinois and Ohio.
My mom had had enough: "Would you please be quiet? People are trying to sleep!"

On the plus side, they shut up and we got a couple hours' rest.

On the downside, he driver refused to stop for food for 14 hours, too hopped-up on No Doze to notice the passengers' suffering. And too high to drive the speed limit, which naturally resulted in 1) a high speed chase with the cops, and 2) the putrid spill of the overflowing toilet when the driver finally, but recklessly, halted the bus.
Sssssskkkkkkiiiiiddddddddddd!
Slosh.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
28. "St. Louis, Missouri"

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
29. "Midwest bus driver and his punch-drunk, boxing companion"

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Circles VIII. & IX.: THE ALLEGHENY AND APPALACHIAN MOUNTAINS

Another wave of pestilence: this time savage Allegheny bees chased a hysterical passenger into the ladies' room. And right as we were about to grab some hot dogs, which smelled like the finest steak to our famished souls. So we were all rushed back into the bus without so much as a packet of relish!

There were nine circles in Dante's Inferno, right?

That left only one circle to go, and sure as clockwork, we got lost in the Appalachians. (Donner party anyone?)
"The bus is going the wrong way!" an elderly lady warned in increasingly panicked tones.
But after several hours, we were back on track and blessed with a wondrous sight!

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
30. "We realize we've been trapped in hell"

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
31. "The Appalachian mountains"

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
--------CONCLUSION---------

I gasped when finally granted the vision of Pittsburgh's water-dappled metropolis, like Frodo returning to the Shire after the horrors of Mordor.

My mom and I hadn't seen our relatives in years, and we all thankfully sat down for the first hot meal we'd had in, it seemed, an eternity.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
32. "Water-dappled Pittsburgh: the end is in sight"

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Great story! I loved it.

If I'd been in the story, I'd have purchased the biggest bug light known to man and hung it from the tree. That would have pissed the bugs off something fierce.

Write On!

Bob

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
^ Thanks Bob, I really appreciate the boost. Hey everyone, how about some FLAGS for this thread???!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join