It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite or UFO??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hi everybody!! Im new here on ATS and Id like to share my one and only possible ufo experience with you.. This happened to me back in the summer of 98. I was swiming late at night in a near by lake with a few friends.. I was looking up at the sky since it was a really clear night and all the stars were out when I noticed something strange.. I saw this star that was slightly larger than the others. At first I thought it might be a satelite but then I thought maybe its something else.. Suddenly I got a funny feeling that whatever it was was watching me. I called my friends over to check it out but since there was so manny stars in the sky they couldnt find what I was looking at..I kept my eye on it and noticed it started changeing directions and started moving a lil faster, then it seamed like it was shrinking.. Probably cause it was moving deeper into space.. then all of a sudden it dissapeared almost like it slipped into darkness (In a black hole?). My friends didnt have time to see it so they laughed at me saying that It was just a satelite.. thing is that Ive seen allot of satelites and Ive never seen one move like that. I was wondering has anyone else on here seen something simular?

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything move as erratic as you describe.

Though around '95 (I think) I saw 3 lights/stars that looked like typical satellites. Well, except for the fact that they were all moving together in the same direction in very close proximity to eachother. They were almost in a line (not perfectly) and pretty much equally distanced from one another. The brightest one was in the middle.

So I thought "Oh wow, 3 satellites together all going in the same direction!". But then um, yeah... The one in the front stopped, then the middle one carried on past the first to stop and then the last did the same. They were now spaced out in a perfect triangle and were completely still. They remained that way for quite a while. I don't recall actually seeing them move again after that. I was quite young then, probably around 9 or 10, so early bedtime etc.

I don't think satellites can just stop like that in mid-orbit? Though this could have been the deployment of a geo-stationary satellite, I really don't think our craft are capable of stopping that abruptly in space. They didn't decelerate, they just stopped and remained there in a perfect triangle. Maybe someone knowledgable on satellite deployment (or something) could clear this up.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I have a little question that kinda fits in here....

I know that you can see satellites at night, and I know it when I see one.

But the thing is, that I saw something in broad daylight. it moved like a satellite. There was not one single cloud in the sky and I was laying in the sun looking straight up. Then I saw this small thing moving over the sky (not a plane and not a bird
)

so my question is if it's possible to see a satellite in daylight?

Sorry for my bad english.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rohdan
I have a little question that kinda fits in here....
I know that you can see satellites at night, and I know it when I see one.
But the thing is, that I saw something in broad daylight. it moved like a satellite. There was not one single cloud in the sky and I was laying in the sun looking straight up. Then I saw this small thing moving over the sky (not a plane and not a bird
)
so my question is if it's possible to see a satellite in daylight?
Sorry for my bad english.

Rohdan.....

I think it might be possible to see the ISS during the daytime if viewing conditions are ideal.

Why don't you Google that & see if I'm right?

Also, you might have seen:

A highy flying aircraft

A reflective weather balloon drifting with the wind

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
thanks....

this is what i found out :

Although its still not a daytime "naked eye" object , it "is" visible using a telescope mounted camera.

The most difficult part of observing ISS in daylight is to determine excatly where , to a few arc seconds , it will appear bearing in mind that it has to
stand out against the background noise.
The ISS is often visible to the naked eye in the evening or before dawn, when you're in the dark and it's in a position to still be bathed in light.(the sighting happend around 2 pm)

www.gearlog.com... this is the ISS and venus (they guy who took the picture said this at least) but the thing I saw did not look like that.

I did not find any good pictures of a weatherballoon or other highly flying aricraft so I still don't know

join