It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I rented Hell House!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunder666
reply to post by janasstar

You should write a book, it kinda has a Amatavylle? Horror catch too it?

- Thanks for sharing , I'll be honest, Im a sceptic, I really only see to beleive, but thats just me, that being said I find your story quite credible and enjoyable

You might find this a bit strange coming from me, but I too, am a skeptic, and wish there was some way to get to the bottom of this.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Btw, I have purposely left some breadcrumbs in this story, that should be easily enough verifiable on some of the issues.
I said that we were partially raised by a self-proclaimed witch. I won't go into a lot here, because she is going to get a thread all by herself, when I'm rested. But she made the papers. It was in Lincolnton, N.C. Lincoln County. She was brought up on charges of witchcraft, but they couldn't call it witchcraft, so they called it, false pretenses. But everybody knew what it was about, and the gossip started flying, and it hit the local paper, the Lincoln County Times. There were tales that the jailer told her to sweep her cell and she snapped her fingers and the broom started sweeping it all by itself.
I think that this would have been in 1969 or 1970. But I am pretty sure it is still in the archives.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I guess I should ask a question of the mods here. Being that this woman is deceased and her story is a matter of public record, Can I give her name here. Does anyone know if that's legally allowable?

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I too really enoyed your story. I started reading it today at school and had to come home and see if it was finished yet! I would have loved to get my hands on that place to investigate!

Also you said that your neighbor was a witch and brought up on charges? I thought they quit doing that in the 1800's? If she was smart she would have used to her magic to get out out of there. haha

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxyroxy
I too really enoyed your story. I started reading it today at school and had to come home and see if it was finished yet! I would have loved to get my hands on that place to investigate!

Also you said that your neighbor was a witch and brought up on charges? I thought they quit doing that in the 1800's? If she was smart she would have used to her magic to get out out of there. haha

you didn't read carefully enough. I said that they could not call it witch craft, they called it, false pretenses. she was using her wares to extract money from certain unfortunate ppl.
edit to add: I never said she was a witch. I alluded to her as a self-proclaimed witch. Personally, as an adult, now, I perceive her to be a wanna-be witch.

[edit on 10/3/2007 by janasstar]

[edit on 10/3/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by foxyroxy

I want to say one more thing about your comment on 'the witch' and then we will move on. I don't want to give her too much notoriety here. she will get her own thread, because there is much more to be said about her, that would side-track this one. She did try her magic. And when the trial was moved to Gaston County, because of all the publicity, note was made of a little gesture that she kept making all through the trial. She carried a little talisman in her bosom. No one but a select few knew this, but she kept rubbing this thing and smiling.
By this time she had bonded out and was able to dress for court at home. So, she put the little thing in her bra everyday until one day........

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Jannastar,
I'm sorry you had such a rough life!!!
You are VERY strong to have come out sensible!
I had loving parents and I still struggled!
I was the youngest of 3 girls with 3 half-siblings and 3 step-siblings.
We would dabble with the occult(a little) because although we went to church Easter and Christmas, we didn't have a good knowledge of Jesus.
I tried to commit suicide at 16 by cutting my wrists, then overdosing.
I became more and more depressed, as I would sit in my room and play diary of a madman (on a record player!!!) I did not have any faith in God....
I struggled and endured life until 23 when I became born again.
The devil is real and Jeshua has given us ALL power over him and his devices. When we live sanctified lives, we have the Holy Spirit to guide us at all times.We have to daily "Put on the whole armor of God"....
His truth sets us free when we surrender ALL willful ignorance and desire the truth. ( I'm not calling you that, but many people get side tracked from God by decieving spirits)
If we don't get the truth, we might get "strong delusion".
I know thats not what Jesus(Jeshua) wants for us.
I hope I've been helpful, sister in Christ.
ps., I've never been more aware of the devil than after I became a christian. From day one he opposed me, physically and trying to scare me away from my faith, It's similar to Pilgrims progress, by John Bunyan, When Christian was trying to get to the strait gate, (I believe, it's been about ten years ago when I read it) and the dogs were tied in the same area, but Christian couldn't see the rope and thought the dogs might get him.

Have a Blessed week!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I would like to thank everyone for their support and their very kind u2u's. I didn't take quite the beating here that I thought a story like this might bring. I don't know that I would believe it either. I would never be rude enough to call anyone a liar, but I would have my doubts.
Some of you suggested that I should write a book. I would love to write a book. I want it to be a nonfiction variety, that contains this story and many others in my life. I've had other strange occurrences as well as traumatic experiences, and I can't help but believe that my story would help some people. Because I am a survivor of many things. I lost an older sister to suicide, also.
My last mother-in-law was ex-claiming over how wonderful it must be to be from such a large family. I told her, "Ahem! We were the W------'s not the Walton's!"
My problem with writing a book, is that I m not a good enough writer. I have a big problem with descriptions and placements. If someone would like to be my ghostwriter and share credit, I am game!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Thank you for your kind remarks, and they do make sense to me now. Because NOW, I am a born-again child of God. Too bad I wasn't in time to help T. She had many questions about the re-birth and we couldn't answer them, because we didn't know.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
sorry for your loss. my mom was one of 12 and there are only a few of them left as well - that seems to be a trend with large families for some reason. i can only offer some logic to break this down:

OK OK off topic BUT interesting - My mom is ALSO one of 12. Hey, are we related LOL

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
For those of you who haven't caught on yet and you're wondering, "What's the talk about breadcrumbs? What has the witch story got to do with it? And why would she mention being Miss World 600? Is she on an ego trip and just trying to find a way to drop that into the story?"

Ok, here's my line of reasoning; in the event that my credibility is brought into question, I no longer have a haunted house to present to you for evidence. So all I have is an incredible story.

Would you agree that a woman going on trial for 'witchcraft' in 1969 or 1970 is an incredible story? If I prove to you that the story is true, does that improve my credibility?

Would you agree that me being Miss World 600 in 1973 was pretty incredible? And that I rode around the track in the pace car with country western singers Del Reeves and Susan Reye? I know this pre-dates some of you. If I'm able to present any proof to this, will this improve my credibility?

This is what I meant by breadcrumbs. There might be others. I think I actually dropped T's real name in somewhere. It is a very unique name. She asked that we never name any of our children after her, because she wanted to keep her name rare. To tell you the truth, to this day, I personally have never heard of another person by this name.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
For those of you who haven't caught on yet and you're wondering, "What's the talk about breadcrumbs? What has the witch story got to do with it? And why would she mention being Miss World 600? Is she on an ego trip and just trying to find a way to drop that into the story?"

Ok, here's my line of reasoning; in the event that my credibility is brought into question, I no longer have a haunted house to present to you for evidence. So all I have is an incredible story.

I don't think your credibility should be brought into question. There may be questions that ask for more clarity but i don't believe you sensationalized it at all. You didn't add some exciting events that would make ME believe you were lying or cause me to not have some sort of reasoning not to believe you. If you said something like you saw the soldier boy walking around the house in your thong and cooking fried eggs on a mirror and chanting some weird stuff etc etc then yes maybe. But i believe you are honest in your description of the events.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

I'm sorry, not spamming but
I AM totally LMAO
BTW, can I list that witch's name
since she is dead
and a matter of public record.

[edit on 10/4/2007 by janasstar]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by janasstar
since she is dead
and a matter of public record.

I would have to say yes. Since her name has already been put out in a newspaper it is already public knowledge and you are just quoting what has been published in an external source.

Since this person has passed her private life is no longer at risk.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Okay! I got the go ahead!
The *itch's name is
Inez Sutton from Lincolnton, NC
She was found guilty as charged, and sent to
Raleigh Women's Prison where she served 10 years!!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The judicial officials of Lincoln and Gaston Counties were truly sorry that this was all that they could make stick on her. Because she was guilty of far worse and everyone knew it. My family and I are first-hand witnesses as to the truth of that.
They tried to charge her with baby-selling, boot-legging, running a house of ill-repute. Nothing stuck. They suspected her of blackmailing some judges and lawyers, which is another reason I think that it was taken out of Lincoln Co. They had an old hanging judge on the bench in Gaston County. He didn't cut anyone, any slack. He saw her coming a mile off.
Whooo-hooo!

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Some of you wondered why it was important to me to tell this story. I felt that I needed to tell this one first to lead into the story about the Lincoln County Witch. Although, her reign of terror on our lives preceded the haunted house tale. This will be a hard tale for me to tell, so I must ask you to please be respectful as you have been.
I will leave here now and open another thread in this same area called, "The Lincoln County Witch." And if you will be patient, I will come back here and post the link as soon as I have opened it.
You are all welcome to continue posting and asking questions here or sharing stories of your own with me. I will still be monitoring.
here is the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Hello janasstar,

You have had some hard times in your life, I so sorry to hear this. How is your brother doing? My heart is with yours.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Hello janasstar,

You have had some hard times in your life, I so sorry to hear this. How is your brother doing? My heart is with yours.

Thank you for asking. Apparently he is going to survive, I got a report that he was trying to leave AMA, last night.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
pretty new to this site, but i frequent a site called your true tales of the paranormal.
the being you wrote about that made love to your sister in her dreams is what is called a succubus and they mimick sexual activity, when actually they are feeding off your life force/soul or whatever you want to call it.

anyway anyone looking for more information on these beings should check out the following site.

www.paranormal.about.com...

although you may have to scroll through quite a few to find info on succubus's.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join