It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russians employed at Iran's Bushehr nuclear reactor suddenly depart in a body, according to local Ar

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Russians employed at Iran's Bushehr nuclear reactor suddenly depart in a body, according to local Arab sources

www.debka.com

The Khorramshar News Agency, which is published by the ethnic Arab underground of Iran’s oil-rich Khuzestan, reported early Oct. 1 that the entire staff of Russian nuclear engineers and experts employed in building the nuclear reactor at Bushehr had abruptly packed their bags Friday, Sept. 28, and flew back to Russia. The agency’s one-liner offers no source or explanation. DEBKAfile have obtained no corroboration of its report from any other source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nysun.com

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Although this story is has not been corroborated as of yet, It is something for us to keep an eye on.

Even if the attack on Iran is not immanent, it makes sense that if and when it does happen, Israel will initiate the attack.

Kinda ironic that the name of this facility starts with BUSH!

Guz

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The Russian ambassadors knew when to bail when us troops where on the way to Baghdad.. their limousines where on the way to Syria. they got notified just in time.. if the Russians are leaving Iran...? that would be a good time to leave also....

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think the relashionship between Iran and Russia is not as friendly as most of us think and the Russians always pull these kind of stunts when they dont get their way like stubborn children lol. It also could mean they know something but would they tell Iran what they knew or just let it happen? Or could Iran see this as steps getting closer to airstrikes then war? I do know if they left like that then something happened or is goin to happen.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
I think the relashionship between Iran and Russia is not as friendly as most of us think and the Russians always pull these kind of stunts when they dont get their way like stubborn children lol. It also could mean they know something but would they tell Iran what they knew or just let it happen? Or could Iran see this as steps getting closer to airstrikes then war? I do know if they left like that then something happened or is goin to happen.

Putin is due for talks in Iran, I believe on Oct. 16th. We would be prudent to warn him and all Russians to not be in town.
We don't want to kill no Russians. That would be all they need to escalate this quickly.

apc

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTMASTER

In Iraq everyone knew we were coming and when. Iran is, as far as the public is concerned, still very much uncertain. If the Russians have foreknowledge of an attack, they would be announcing it with joy.

At this point I would actually be surprised if the US attacked Iran. I think it may be possible for us to give Israel the nod to carry out limited strikes while we watch their backs, but I don't see the US being the provocateur.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Or perhaps the reactor is completed and the Russians have completed their contract. Or maybe not.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
One would think that they all left for a reason. They could have all conspired to leave together, but I think they were told to leave. The reasons of which I do not know but the obvious reason would be advanced warning of some sort of action. If it is going to happen I would have to guess it would come Israel at this point.
I am not in any way saying I want to see a military strike on Iran.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I am not in any way saying I want to see a military strike on Iran.

As well as I! It would only lead to chaos.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Does this sudden departure indicate the Americans have informed the Russians that an attack is imminent?

Or evidence of the ongoing psychological tactics being applied by American/Israeli interests to leverage Iran to reconsider their defiant posturing concerning their nuclear ambitions.

It's certainly reasonable to presume, with all the current American/Israeli saber rattling, that the Russians might find it prudent at this time to be anywhere other than adjacent to a nuclear facility in Iran.

Insofar as the American/Israeli intentions are concerned, are the Russians playing along or being played as well?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
It's certainly reasonable to presume, with all the current American/Israeli saber rattling, that the Russians might find it prudent at this time to be anywhere other than adjacent to a nuclear facility in Iran.

Insofar as the American/Israeli intentions are concerned, are the Russians playing along or being played as well?

Thanks for your response goosdawg, but I disagree. I would think if an attack were imminent they would be smart to stay put. Why? Because it would be their decision to stay there that might make it a more difficult decision to bomb. kind of a "Russian Shield" by their presence.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
reply to post by DIRTMASTER

In Iraq everyone knew we were coming and when. Iran is, as far as the public is concerned, still very much uncertain. If the Russians have foreknowledge of an attack, they would be announcing it with joy.

Russia and Iran are serious allies, they depend on each other economically.Why would they want us to attack?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Just noticed I posted this in alternative news...oops! How do I post this on breaking news?

apc

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Guzzeppi

They would be announcing the attack to cause political harm to whomever is attacking, which directly or not would harm the US.

Ignorant of what goes on in the shadows between the US and Russia, I would have to wager that the Russians do not want us to attack.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

This is where you want it to be.

As far as the story, if true it could be almost anything. Didn't Russia claim the Iranians weren't paying them and pull out before?

I think it's a stretch to say this means that there will be an imminent attack on Iran.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

Ignorant of what goes on in the shadows between the US and Russia, I would have to wager that the Russians do not want us to attack.

I agree apc, nobody but Bush & Co. want this war.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Look's like we are going to bomb the hell out of Iran folks. I say in the next month we will see all hell break loose.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Maybe the Russians are pulling out because they are not being paid or they want higher pay. Or they are tired of putting up with Amedinijad's baloney!

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

As far as the story, if true it could be almost anything. Didn't Russia claim the Iranians weren't paying them and pull out before?

Thanks for your reply dj.

I don't put too much stock in this story as of yet, but I think we should look for signs that the Russians have or are going to pull out of Iran. They have never left Iran, at least those building Bushehr, the Russians have too much invested in that facility to just get up and leave. It's guarded by Russian military as well as Iranian.

apc

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guzzeppi
I agree apc, nobody but Bush & Co. want this war.

I'm not fully convinced he does. But I suppose that may depend on ones definition of war.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join